Options

Chiltern Firehouse

SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
Forum Member
Is anyone else sick to the back teeth of hearing about this bloody restaurant, haunted by celebrities and at which no mere mortal can get a booking?

I think Rita Bora and Lily Allen practically live there.

Comments

• Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Is anyone else sick to the back teeth of hearing about this bloody restaurant, haunted by celebrities and at which no mere mortal can get a booking?

I think Rita Bora and Lily Allen practically live there.

Lily Allen is grating on me lately, she is such an attention seeker >:(
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Yes, totally sick of reading about who's hanging out there, not a day seems to pass without some story. I can only assume they have an amazing publicist/links to the media. I did not know the person behind it was also to do with Chateau Marmont.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Lily Allen is grating on me lately, she is such an attention seeker >:(

Agree with you there, I used to be quite a fan but lately when I've seen her on chat shows she just seems really sneery & bitchy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice the mega irritant Geri Halliwell was there too - she's obviously heard its popular with the paparazzi ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Agree with you there, I used to be quite a fan but lately when I've seen her on chat shows she just seems really sneery & bitchy.

I've never really liked her tbh, she's always been one for dishing out insults, but doesn't like it back.

And she's well gone back on her word that she was retiring from the music scene to be a mother - that didn't last long did it?
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never really liked her tbh, she's always been one for dishing out insults, but doesn't like it back.

And she's well gone back on her word that she was retiring from the music scene to be a mother - that didn't last long did it?

Yep.

I've read pretty similar remarks on the Daily Mail as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep.

I've read pretty similar remarks on the Daily Mail as well.

The Daily Mail seem obsessed with her, she's on their website on a daily basis - God knows why :confused:
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail seem obsessed with her, she's on their website on a daily basis - God knows why :confused:

She's one in a long line:

Rita Ora
    Kartrashians
    Cheryl Cole
    Victoria Beckham
    The Delevigne sisters
    Chloe Green
    Michelle Rodriguez
    Miranda Kerr
    Various Australian and American Supermodels and Victoria's Secret models
    Mel B
    Heidi Klum
    The Minogues
    Myleene Klass
    Claire Richards
    Natalie Cassidy
    Rosie Huntingdon-Whiteley

I don't actually mind Lily Allen. I like her music but I do find her hypocrisy a bit galling at times.

But I think she'd be a laugh to go out for a drink with.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's already passe. Dahling.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    It's already passe. Dahling.

Love it:p

Raymond Blanc was there on Sunday and tweeted about it - I replied and told him I was glad he had managed to get a table - to be fair he responded by saying he was very lucky, and also lucky when it came to the non presentation of bills too!! But he did wish me a happy Sunday :)
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Yes I like my Z lister celebz to mix things up a bit and go to a different place of food every time. Hate having to read about my z lister clebez going same place every time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    The Chiltern Firehouse seems to be mentioned in the Daily Mail every single day.

I'm convinced the majority of people and businesses who feature in the "sidebar of shame" pay for the publicity, it's the best explanation.
  • Options
    Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The place looks ghastly in photos.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Never heard of this place until a few weeks back, now sick of seeing the name everywhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The place looks ghastly in photos.

Indeed. I can't understand the attraction at all.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chiltern Firehouse seems to be mentioned in the Daily Mail every single day.

I'm convinced the majority of people and businesses who feature in the "sidebar of shame" pay for the publicity, it's the best explanation.

I think that's a given.

Some big names, too.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of it before this thread
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Were we all as fortunate.:(
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Never heard of it before this thread

Me neither.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never heard of this place until a few weeks back, now sick of seeing the name everywhere.

Ditto.
    Seeing some of the 'faces' that emerge from there it really is the kind of place I'd avoid like the plague.

It's just the latest in a long line of 'places to be seen' for the fame hungry and is having it's moment. In a couple of years, it'll be somewhere else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Love it:p

Raymond Blanc was there on Sunday and tweeted about it - I replied and told him I was glad he had managed to get a table - to be fair he responded by saying he was very lucky, and also lucky when it came to the non presentation of bills too!! But he did wish me a happy Sunday :)

Reason for sudden popularity among the slebs?
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently Tony Blair and David Cameron have popped in at some point - an article in the Telegraph name dropped them as famous faces who have been seen there.

Imagine running into either of those devil spawns when eating lunch. I'd be sick.
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it's the latest celeb eating-out hotspot as the Daily Telegraph explains:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/restaurants/10897476/Whats-all-the-fuss-about-the-Chiltern-Firehouse.html

Judging from the 1st photo, the interior doesn't look nice at all...enough to put me off from eating & drinking there.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This place must have replaced The Box nightclub as the DM's celeb hang out obsession.

Personally I'd avoid any place hyped up by the DM like the plague.