Options

Disposable incomes rise for the poorest fifth of households

2»

Comments

• Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Here we go again with percentages,
    OK Mr multi Millionaire how about we do a swap?
    I will swap you 100% of everything in my bank account for 0.2% of what's in yours, come ON that's a fantastic deal I am sure you would agree, after all 'apparently' I have more 'disposable income' than you and apparently MY 'disposable income' has grown and is growing faster than yours, you would be crazy to turn down my offer,

Great point - that is the problem with percentages.

3% of nothing - is still nothing.

If you get a 3% rise and earn £10k you are £300 a year better off. If you earn £100k a year and get a 1% rise you are £1,000 better off.

Apparently according to the ONS - this means the person on £10k has done much better! Comical.:D
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Great point - that is the problem with percentages.

3% of nothing - is still nothing.

If you get a 3% rise and earn £10k you are £300 a year better off. If you earn £100k a year and get a 1% rise you are £1,000 better off.

Apparently according to the ONS - this means the person on £10k has done much better! Comical.:D
    Indeed what's even more comical is the fact that 'some' Tory supporters actually think we will fall for it, a multi millionaires income increases by 0.5% MY income increases by 5% therefore this is "proof" that the poor old multi millionaire is poorer than I,

Not forgetting that this evidence is also proof that us 'lower orders' are an ungrateful bunch and should be praising the Tories for the new wealth they have bestowed upon us, oh and did I say "on average"? cause we should never forget that.
    :D
  • Options
    LurkingGoodLurkingGood Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any increase is surely a good thing.