Options

Susan Boyle today forced to pull out of Britain's Got Talent shows as doctors say....

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell. Judging by that image in the first link, she really has got herself done up. She looks like the original Susan Boyle's smartly dressed sister.
  • Options
    VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Send her back to Scotland to disappear into the background with her cat, shes absolutley not up to the rigours of public life.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I went to the Manchester show yesterday and she wasn't there - but sadly, she wasn't missed either:( The show was fabulous and although they showed a video of her highlights, it didn't make any difference to the show that she wasn't there in person. Only 5 people opted to get their money back.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice to see that in the comments section under the story, the remarks are much kinder than they were when she was appearing on the show:). I'm not surprised the pressure got to her given the way she went from hero to zero in the press within the few weeks between her audition and the live shows:( I wish her the best of luck and hope she has a healthy career ahead of her.
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is being treated with Kid Gloves I suspect so they can get an album out of her ASAP. Another 6 months and America will have moved on - Cowell knows this and will do everything to get the album out quick sticks, make the cash then she can go back to Pebbles with a few quid in the bank and some shiny new gnashers.

It appears to me she doesnt have the right stuff to be a performer and cant see her doing seasons in Vegas (or, in the UK, read that as Butlins :D) - I think its a quickly knocked out album of musical hits that will sell by the shed load in the States and maybe a "comeback" album 5 years down the line, but no more. Her appeal was always going to be her "quirkyness" and we saw how the UK media got tired of that in about 3 seconds flat - Simon is going to have to keep that chugging along in the US for a bit longer till the album is ready - the spin about her pulling out of the BGT tour is a good enough tidbit to feed to the Americans for now.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still feel sorry for her:( I hope she makes her album and has a nice life eventually, poor thing.
  • Options
    MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    She is being treated with Kid Gloves I suspect so they can get an album out of her ASAP. Another 6 months and America will have moved on - Cowell knows this and will do everything to get the album out quick sticks, make the cash then she can go back to Pebbles with a few quid in the bank and some shiny new gnashers.

It appears to me she doesnt have the right stuff to be a performer and cant see her doing seasons in Vegas (or, in the UK, read that as Butlins :D) - I think its a quickly knocked out album of musical hits that will sell by the shed load in the States and maybe a "comeback" album 5 years down the line, but no more. Her appeal was always going to be her "quirkyness" and we saw how the UK media got tired of that in about 3 seconds flat - Simon is going to have to keep that chugging along in the US for a bit longer till the album is ready - the spin about her pulling out of the BGT tour is a good enough tidbit to feed to the Americans for now.

I think you've just about covered everything there and I agree with you. It's all about the album , because there's nowhere else to go with Susan.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she only has one album in her. The second wouldn't be a big hit anyway and I don't think she could sustain a lengthy career. That should hopefully set her up for life financially and allow her to realise her dream of releasing an album. Then she can relax and settle down.

I don't think it would be a good idea to send her back home to Blackburn never to be heard of again.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    I agree about not sending her back home. From what I've seen celebs who can't handle being a celeb seem to fair even worse once the attention has gone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    The media stress will kill her. So make an album Susan and then retire - it will you a shed load of dosh - enough to keep the cat in tins for years.
  • Options
    hotpotatohotpotato Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, .... isn't it easy to bitch from behind a computer screen?. some people are so jealous that you'll never have the chance to better your pointless, bitter little lives like Susan has. Whatever happens, I bet you'll never find her spending all day on the web firing cheap anonymous shots at people she's never met.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hotpotato wrote: »
    Wow, .... isn't it easy to bitch from behind a computer screen?. some people are so jealous that you'll never have the chance to better your pointless, bitter little lives like Susan has. Whatever happens, I bet you'll never find her spending all day on the web firing cheap anonymous shots at people she's never met.

Unlike you who has done just that by sitting at your computer and fired cheap anonymous shots at people you have never met! :eek: ... the majority of posts are sympathetic towards Susan and the stress she must be under .. don't tar everyone with the same brush!
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hotpotato wrote: »

Is saying that Susan will struggle to cope with fame nasty or bitching? I haven't seen any real nastiness on this thread - just a lot of people who aren't looking at Susan and her future career prospects through rose tinted spectacles. Let's face it, if she's struggling now, how will she deal with the pressure of tours, etc? The business she's in is a harsh one and she needs to be realistic. Not everyone is suited to it or able to cope with it. People with far more talent and charisma than her have crashed and burned! I think that someone needs to sit down with her and be honest, because up to now, there's been precious little of that in evidence!
  • Options
    jaybsjaybs Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What drivel some people talk, anything to attack Susan. Do you ever think how much of this is just Pure spin from Cowell for PR?

Is it not Syco who are advising her to take it easy, is it her choice?

The full tour is a farce just a few backing tapes for each artist who sing, but then again it is only a BGT Tour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    I'm getting really annoyed with all the attention being on her, who's so far shown she can sing 2 songs allright, whereas how about reporting about the actual WINNER from the show?!?!

it's all Susan this Susan that, frankly, she's clearly not equipped to handle the fame, pressure or tiring schedules and getting a ridiculous advantage that she gets to pick shows she does. How about the 13yr olds, they're not exhausted?!?!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passoa wrote: »
    I'm getting really annoyed with all the attention being on her, who's so far shown she can sing 2 songs allright, whereas how about reporting about the actual WINNER from the show?!?!

it's all Susan this Susan that, frankly, she's clearly not equipped to handle the fame, pressure or tiring schedules and getting a ridiculous advantage that she gets to pick shows she does. How about the 13yr olds, they're not exhausted?!?!
    It clearly is NOT Susan's fault that all this attention has been on her and I expect she wishes
    she could just sing and have far less of the press attention! Simon Cowell will be enjoying it though!
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Passoa wrote: »

But come on, you must realise that Susan's more than just a reality show star now. She's become the biggest phenomenon the Internet has ever helped produce. Bigger than the Star Wars kid and the Numa Numa guy. She's become famous for being famous.

Some of the kids might have longer careers but this is Susan's time!
  • Options
    kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    But come on, you must realise that Susan's more than just a reality show star now. She's become the biggest phenomenon the Internet has ever helped produce. Bigger than the Star Wars kid and the Numa Numa guy. She's become famous for being famous.

Some of the kids might have longer careers but this is Susan's time!

It might look like her time, but can she really deal with it? If she is to release an album internationally this will involve a lot of work, and with this, pressure. Do you think it fair for her to be put into this position?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Passoa. It's simple really. This is a Susan Boyle thread, so people are talking about her. If you want to talk about any of the other acts go on their threads.

You're not the only one not to get this concept. Maybe people should have to take a short test before being allowed to post on here.
  • Options
    DeerdDeerd Posts: 21,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's happening about the proposed gig at the White House - is she too unwell and will blow off fans for the Tour BUT likely to well enough to sing for Obama?
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Bloody hell. Judging by that image in the first link, she really has got herself done up. She looks like the original Susan Boyle's smartly dressed sister.

she looks amazing in that picture..
  • Options
    Tram5Tram5 Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    The sooner Susan can get away from the BGT hype, the better imo. She can get on with her album then and just do a few shows/public appearances for those who appreciate her.
    Those who don't needn't ever give her a second thought. They will, of course, for reasons known only to themselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Tram5 wrote: »
    The sooner Susan can get away from the BGT hype, the better imo. She can get on with her album then and just do a few shows/public appearances for those who appreciate her.
    Those who don't needn't ever give her a second thought. They will, of course, for reasons known only to themselves.

Excellent posting and sums the whole issue up nicely. It won't be half as stressful for Susan appearing in front of genuine fans rather than the mish-mash you get on the tours.

Her swift rise to fame is unprecedented, as is the hate directed twoards her. It's that hate that has put the strain on her, not the adulation from her fans.

Just bizarre that people that say they dislike her so much spend so much time on these forums reading and commenting. Sums up certain sections of society really.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Excellent posting and sums the whole issue up nicely. It won't be half as stressful for Susan appearing in front of genuine fans rather than the mish-mash you get on the tours.

Her swift rise to fame is unprecedented, as is the hate directed twoards her. It's that hate that has put the strain on her, not the adulation from her fans.

Just bizarre that people that say they dislike her so much spend so much time on these forums reading and commenting. Sums up certain sections of society really.

And would that level of expectation not add to the stress she is under? The attitude that she is the greatest thing ever, with the expectation that the album will be huge would be a lot more worrying as less than huge sales would be perceived as failure.

It is too easy to put it down to negativity - every person in the spotlight has detractors, it is a part of the fame game. However, they are not the ones that will but the album, that will be the fans. So who will be to blame if she fails?

I do find your last paragraph laughable, as if those who participate in a discussion forum will have any influence in the outcome. It is too easy to dismiss criticism as "hating" as if you have more right to say what is good or bad than anyone else. I do not "hate" SB, I am sure she is a very nice person but I do not rate her voice or her performance. So why exactly am I a "hater"?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly she has missed another ... it looks like after a couple of concerts is then followed with a rest period ...

Reported in the Sun today ...

Concert no-show for SuBo

SUSAN Boyle pulled out of a Britain’s Got Talent gig last night — suffering from “tiredness”.
    The Scottish singer, 48, returned to her rented London home instead of performing in Liverpool.

Show bosses said she was taking it “one day at a time” and may sing tonight in Cardiff.

A spokeswoman denied claims the star had pulled out after demanding to see her cat.

She said: “Susan’s just tired. She has gone for a sleep and a bit of rest.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/britain_got_talent/2490036/Susan-Boyle-pulls-out-of-BGT-gig.html