Options

The Sheriffs are coming...11am..BBC1.

guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else watching the Sheriffs at work..Looks like Helen is going to have a long wait for her money.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 15 year PP...No wonder Helen said no.

Some of these people's excuses are toe-curling!
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised there isn't more comments on this short series. I've found it very fascinating. I knew about Bailiffs but this was the first I knew of Sheriffs!

Todays was a good one with the Ferrari Garage who'd sold a customers Ferrari for £30k......and never paid him the money!! :eek: Though they eventually grudgingly coughed up £5k I think the Sheriff guys will be back there again!

Thought the chap who'd splashed out £62k on a boat and spent £35k on a Court case seemed a bit of a plonker with more money than sense. He didn't appear too concerned so I assume he had money to lose.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Surprised there isn't more comments on this short series. I've found it very fascinating. I knew about Bailiffs but this was the first I knew of Sheriffs!

Todays was a good one with the Ferrari Garage who'd sold a customers Ferrari for £30k......and never paid him the money!! :eek: Though they eventually grudgingly coughed up £5k I think the Sheriff guys will be back there again!

Thought the chap who'd splashed out £62k on a boat and spent £35k on a Court case seemed a bit of a plonker with more money than sense. He didn't appear too concerned so I assume he had money to lose.

i think most people work
  • Options
    AJ21AJ21 Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is a good show, i will be watching tomorrow as well.
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    been on a few weeks now. good..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I felt sorry for him, but you do have to wonder why he didn't just get the boat fixed – surely it would have been cheaper?
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else watching the Sheriffs at work..Looks like Helen is going to have a long wait for her money.

Thought it was crap to be honest. They should of kept cowboy builders a better show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think most people work.
    If meaning those in employment then they have damn good jobs as they spend a heck of a lot of works time on DS! Before I retired where I used to work you went to work...and worked....not played around on the internet!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt sorry for him, but you do have to wonder why he didn't just get the boat fixed – surely it would have been cheaper?
    A lot cheaper! I just felt he'd not acted in his own best interests. That he'd spent £35k on legal action just seemed foolhardy to me and I began to wonder if he was being a bit economical with the truth in the programme. I don't think the whole complete story was told.
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AT least the sheriffs are getting a lot of airtime...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last one tomorrow, I've enjoyed this series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last one tomorrow, I've enjoyed this series.

Yes, so have I, it has been good seeing the people getting their money back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing result for the guy who was sold a duff car on ebay and though the trader did his utmost to confuse the Sheriffs, they tracked his business premises down which, with the threat of seizure of goods, soon had him arriving on scene and paying up in full!

The purchaser was extremely lucky as I felt he'd acted quite foolishly in buying a car off ebay which he'd never even bothered to go and look at before bidding! Totally crazy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing result for the guy who was sold a duff car on ebay and though the trader did his utmost to confuse the Sheriffs, they tracked his business premises down which, with the threat of seizure of goods, soon had him arriving on scene and paying up in full!

The purchaser was extremely lucky as I felt he'd acted quite foolishly in buying a car off ebay which he'd never even bothered to go and look at before bidding! Totally crazy.

I have to agree he was lucky to get all that cash back.

And pleased for the old lady who managed to get most of her cash back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, so have I, it has been good seeing the people getting their money back.

Another new programme on Mon..Looks interesting too

http://digiguide.tv/programme-details/BBC+1+London/2+April+2012/10:00/My+Worst+Deal/Documentary/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Goodness, these loansharks sound nasty, wish 'The Sherriffs' could sort them out!

I was so glad Hilda got her money back, I hate these people who con the elderly. This happened to my parents (rubbish tarmacing job) and we never got the money back, £5,000.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree he was lucky to get all that cash back.

And pleased for the old lady who managed to get most of her cash back.
    Surprising how really stupid some people are. Nothing wrong with buying a vehicle off ebay but at least go and look first! I'd also want to see the V5 to make sure the vehicle i'm bidding on matches the owner and address where i'm viewing.

Yes I was glad about the old dear. It reminded me of a situation my son got involved in. Their neighbour who lives opposite is an elderly, but sprightly, lady in her early 90's. She came across to see my son after these men had been to give a quote for some new guttering....and told her her roof needed replacing! My son told her there was nothing wrong with her roof and also her guttering was fine.

When they next appeared he went out to see them and told them to piss off and never come back or he'd call the Police.

Their elderly neighbour is something of a celebrity too having spent her life as an actress and was in the original Star Wars movie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprising how really stupid some people are. Nothing wrong with buying a vehicle off ebay but at least go and look first! I'd also want to see the V5 to make sure the vehicle i'm bidding on matches the owner and address where i'm viewing.

Yes I was glad about the old dear. It reminded me of a situation my son got involved in. Their neighbour who lives opposite is an elderly, but sprightly, lady in her early 90's. She came across to see my son after these men had been to give a quote for some new guttering....and told her her roof needed replacing! My son told her there was nothing wrong with her roof and also her guttering was fine.

When they next appeared he went out to see them and told them to piss off and never come back or he'd call the Police.

Their elderly neighbour is something of a celebrity too having spent her life as an actress and was in the original Star Wars movie.

Yes, this is exactly what they do to the elderly. Thank goodness for your son.
  • Options
    buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of the best Consumer Programmes on Television and the new series is well into it's swing.

I feel a bit sorry for "the assistants" who just get to walk around with a clipboard and do the driving but thats about it.

The Enforcement Officers are great and despite looking like "heavies" are very articulate.

Compared to the drivel that constitutes "The Food Police" this is a far superior production.
  • Options
    pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this is exactly what they do to the elderly. Thank goodness for your son.

Indeed, a great story, what a good neighbour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this programe too & the way they go about righting those wrongs against the little person.

It would be even better if they turned up in ten-gallon hats wearing those pointy-star badges, as that's what I always imagine whenever the narrator mentions ... "the Sheriffs" ... !!!

:):D
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is funny how some of these 'wealth creators' are so stingy with their money when it comes to paying out what they owe, yet always seem to have it when push comes to shove.

There are too many Car Showroom owners who are dodgy too.
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ex fiance did this job for the council, not a private cowboy company, and he was known as a bailiff, which is what I always thought someone who worked in this field was known as. So are these people called 'sheriffs' just by the programme makers? I know they have sheriffs in scotland, but england?
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    My ex fiance did this job for the council, not a private cowboy company, and he was known as a bailiff, which is what I always thought someone who worked in this field was known as. So are these people called 'sheriffs' just by the programme makers? I know they have sheriffs in scotland, but england?

Bailiffs do County Court Work and these Sheriffs do High Court Work and have more powers.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »

Sheriffs are different to Bailiffs and have different rights.