Options

Need to get to Earls Court

aljdaviealjdavie Posts: 650
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi Everyone,

I need get a coach from Cardiff to Earls Court,

National Express seem to stop all over London, but I have no idea what the closest place is.

Does anyone know ?

Comments

• Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you thought about ringing National Express????
  • Options
    Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    A 10s search later, and
    You'll arrive at London Victoria Coach station. Then simply hop on the District Line to Earl's Court. To get to Olympia just change at Earl's Court.
    http://www.eco.co.uk/p/coach/115
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go to London Victoria, then hop on the District Line straight to Earls Court. :)
  • Options
    InkyPinkyInkyPinky Posts: 4,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you thought about ringing National Express????

This might be a plan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »

D'oh you beat me :p

But just to add, tubes from Earls Court to Olympia are now very restricted (posssibly only to weekends if I remember rightly).
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InkyPinky wrote: »
    This might be a plan

You would think, eh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Victoria Station and then the District Line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair to the OP, some random on the phone at the National Express office may have no idea about London's geography!
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when i went to cardiff years ago i left/returned at victoria as the others said go there and a short underground trip to earls court
  • Options
    CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    If the coach is coming in along the M4/A4 would it not pass along the north side of Earls Court?

Perhaps it'd be possible to alight there before the coach reaches Victoria Coach Station. I'd a quick look but could not find details of the precise route/stops on the National Express website.

OP, contact National Express and ask.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cruachan wrote: »
    If the coach is coming in along the M4/A4 would it not pass along the north side of Earls Court?

Perhaps it'd be possible to alight there before the coach reaches Victoria Coach Station. I'd a quick look but could not find details of the precise route/stops on the National Express website.

OP, contact National Express and ask.

Very likely, I see lots of them along Kensington High street. But I don't think there's a drop off point around there, I've never seen one stop and let people off in which case it'll just carry on to Hyde Park Corner, turn right and towards Victoria.
  • Options
    aljdaviealjdavie Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    Some National Express coaches stop at Hammersmith, then you can get either Piccadilly or District to Earl's Court. It's 5 minutes away on the Tube from Hammersmith.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    aljdavie wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I need get a coach from Cardiff to Earls Court,

National Express seem to stop all over London, but I have no idea what the closest place is.

Does anyone know ?

As pointed out, probably Victoria Coach Station.

In any event, wherever you stop off in London, if you buy a one day travelcard you can travel all day on the tube, buses, DLR and railways within zones 1-9 for a fixed price.

Prices.
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14416.aspx

Zones
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/standard-tube-map.pdf
  • Options
    rhodrhod Posts: 3,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No need to go all the way to Victoria.

If you tell the National Express driver that you want to stop at Earl's Court when you board the bus, he will drop you off near the big Tescos on West Cromwell Road.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was a student 20 years ago getting from uni in kent to home in Cardiff, the National Express coach used to stop at Earls Court shortly after leaving Victoria. I don't know if they still do that route, and I assume if they did they would do it in reverse.
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,213
    Forum Member
    Earls Court was once an Aussie ghetto in London
  • Options
    John259John259 Posts: 28,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you do end up at Victoria Coach Station, it's a walk of about 300 yards up Buckingham Palace Road to Victoria Railway Station where the underground station is.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'll probably stop at Earls Court tube for you if you ask when you get on. My sister's got off the coach there before.
  • Options
    oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »
    Earls Court was once an Aussie ghetto in London

Oh yes, I lived in London at the time. Private Eye mag used to have a very funny cartoon strip about Barry Mackenzie the Earls Court Aussie I only remember one in which he 'pointed Peter at the porcelain.'