I know Gail is a hypocrit and a battleaxe but Kylie and Nick are clearly in the wrong

Rueben_ClaraRueben_Clara Posts: 186
Forum Member
I know Gail is a hypocrit and a battleaxe, but Kylie and Nick are completely in the wrong. I don't see how Nick can defend his actions. I don't believe Kylie and Nick are trying to protect David, they are trying to protect themselves. Nick doesn't want to lose Leanne. He knows that the chance he may have got another woman pregnant would devastate Leanne and possibly send her running back to Barlow. Kylie doesn't want to lose out on being part of a family.

Gail is an interfering cow, but I remember when she stood up to Becky and helped Kylie get Max back. She loves her family and in this circumstance she's right.

Comments

• fi_onafi_ona Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Gail is a hypocrit and a battleaxe, but Kylie and Nick are completely in the wrong. I don't see how Nick can defend his actions. I don't believe Kylie and Nick are trying to protect David, they are trying to protect themselves. Nick doesn't want to lose Leanne. He knows that the chance he may have got another woman pregnant would devastate Leanne and possibly send her running back to Barlow. Kylie doesn't want to lose out on being part of a family.

Gail is an interfering cow, but I remember when she stood up to Becky and helped Kylie get Max back. She loves her family and in this circumstance she's right.

Yes, but she ought to remember whenm if my memory serves me correctly that she cheated on Brian and until she was born didnt know whose Sarah Louise was. So not being able to live with that kind of big secret is a bit of a lie. She's been there, done that and got the t-shirt.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to agree with the OP. Yes we know Gail is hardly whiter than white, but two wrongs (or in her case 2 million wrongs) don't make a right. Ultimately, Gail has the sense to know that these things always come out in the wash, and she's desperate to protect her beloved David.

She knows he would go postal if he found out further down the line that the baby might not be his.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
    Forum Member
    It's simple really.

If the baby is David's then Gail is the grandmother.
    If the baby is Nick's then Gail is the grandmother

How on earth she can turn round to Kyles and say that she should have got rid of it?

She's turning into a bitter old woman, like her mother in law was.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Nick and Kylie were drunk. Gail should just get over it. They need to give Nick a storyline where he doesn't have to furrow his brow so much. I sense the on-coming of early wrinkles.
  • Rueben_ClaraRueben_Clara Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    I don't think she should have said that Kylie should have got rid of it. I think that came out of anger anger and disgust at the situation. Gail is a hypocrit, I don't remember when she got pregnant with Sarah Lou but she may remember the upset from that situation and not want history to repeat itself. Not to excuse Gail but I think that the fact that Kylie slept with Nick will hurt David a lot more than had she been with a total stranger.
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I tend to agree with the OP. Yes we know Gail is hardly whiter than white, but two wrongs (or in her case 2 million wrongs) don't make a right. Ultimately, Gail has the sense to know that these things always come out in the wash, and she's desperate to protect her beloved David.

She knows he would go postal if he found out further down the line that the baby might not be his.

Her beloved David? It hasnt been two weeks since she said she wanted to destroy him.
  • LostindexLostindex Posts: 2,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail is a bitter twisted nasty piece of work. They made one drunken mistake and they are really regretting it so why can't she just shut that big mouth of hers. I really can't stand her and her holier than thou attitude!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    Her beloved David? It hasnt been two weeks since she said she wanted to destroy him.

Well it's only been 5 years since David tried to murder her by pushing her downstairs.

That's families for you. :D:D
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    fi_ona wrote: »
    Yes, but she ought to remember whenm if my memory serves me correctly that she cheated on Brian and until she was born didnt know whose Sarah Louise was. So not being able to live with that kind of big secret is a bit of a lie. She's been there, done that and got the t-shirt.

Whilst she should remember she has also been unfaithful so hold back the judgement a little, she did at least tell Brian right at the beginning of the pregnancy so she didn't live a lie, just a great deal of uncertainity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Whilst she should remember she has also been unfaithful so hold back the judgement a little, she did at least tell Brian right at the beginning of the pregnancy so she didn't live a lie, just a great deal of uncertainity.

Didn't he go off and sleep with some floozie at that point though?

Sort of a lose-lose situation really. :D:D
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is Gail going to come back from this?
  • bob321bob321 Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    I felt sorry for gail, I know she gets too involved in everyone's business but it's not fair that she's being treated like the bad one when she hasn't really done anything wrong. Fair enough she did things in the past but none of those things have got anything to do with this situation.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    It's simple really.

If the baby is David's then Gail is the grandmother.
    If the baby is Nick's then Gail is the grandmother

How on earth she can turn round to Kyles and say that she should have got rid of it?

She's turning into a bitter old woman, like her mother in law was.

Gail's cure all for all family problems seems to be abortions! She only gave birth herself to David because Martin found out she had booked an abortion and managed to talk her out of it, she paid for Tina to go behind David's back and terminate her pregnancy, and put so much pressure on Natasha that she went behind Nick's back to abort their baby! Gail even forfeited her job at the health centre in order to split Nick and Natasha up, having caused an abortion years previously when she intervened in Nick and Leanne's relationship as she "didn't approve" yet again :rolleyes:

Talk about a woman obsessed with keeping her sons tied to her apron strings! Since she was too late in finding out about Sarah-Lou's pregnancy with Bethany to arrange an abortion she seems to have gone into overdrive! Horrible old bint who is 100 times worse than Ivy ever was! At least Ivy had the excuse of being a religious nut! I'm beginnig to think Gail has shares in Weatherfield abortion clinic! :D
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    To be fair Gail is right, but considering she has only JUST recovered from copping off with her mothers ex, she really has no right to be taking any moral high ground!
  • mocha-lattemocha-latte Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Off topic :o
    But why are so many wearing those puffy coats, have the wardrobe dept bought a job lot?
    They can't all like the same fashion in one street :confused:

Back to topic, Don't know what Gail should do :eek: perhaps best just let them get on with it ... be interest to know who's it is :D
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly, this is one of the few times that I've been so compelled by a character struggling over whether to do right or do wrong.

Usually it's all too simple and predictable with 'who's the daddy' stories, but the complexities of the Potter-Tilsley-Platt-Hillman-McIntyre family is what is making this really stand out. I can see why Gail is agonising over what to do. On the one hand she has her golden boy, Nick, her first born, apple of her eye who has committed a crime that will rip the family apart. On the other hand she has the volatile and damaged David who has always bore the brunt of Gail's stupid mistakes and poor choices. Yet, in spite of all that he has been through (and has put his mother through), he has stood by her more than anyone else in her family, except Audrey. He's not ran off like Nick and Sarah did or promptly died like her many husbands.

Telling David will destroy him but it will also tarnish the reputation of Golden Boy, Nick. She has to demonise one son to save the other. She does have another option which, as Sally suggested, is just keep it to herself and move on. Option two, of course, will never happen.

The strength of this story is definitely testament to the strength of the Platts as a family and to the collective history of Corrie rather than the day-to-day writing.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    bob321 wrote: »
    I felt sorry for gail, I know she gets too involved in everyone's business but it's not fair that she's being treated like the bad one when she hasn't really done anything wrong. Fair enough she did things in the past but none of those things have got anything to do with this situation.

So do I. What a mess! Nick and Kylie should come clean, but won't, and if Gail doesn't tell David, and he finds out, he will hate her forever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly, this is one of the few times that I've been so compelled by a character struggling over whether to do right or do wrong.

Usually it's all too simple and predictable with 'who's the daddy' stories, but the complexities of the Potter-Tilsley-Platt-Hillman-McIntyre family is what is making this really stand out. I can see why Gail is agonising over what to do. On the one hand she has her golden boy, Nick, her first born, apple of her eye who has committed a crime that will rip the family apart. On the other hand she has the volatile and damaged David who has always bore the brunt of Gail's stupid mistakes and poor choices. Yet, in spite of all that he has been through (and has put his mother through), he has stood by her more than anyone else in her family, except Audrey. He's not ran off like Nick and Sarah did or promptly died like her many husbands.

Telling David will destroy him but it will also tarnish the reputation of Golden Boy, Nick. She has to demonise one son to save the other. She does have another option which, as Sally suggested, is just keep it to herself and move on. Option two, of course, will never happen.

The strength of this story is definitely testament to the strength of the Platts as a family and to the collective history of Corrie rather than the day-to-day writing.

Well said, KK. I agree with all that, except where you say David 'has stood by her', I might just have to change that to 'has sponged off her'. :D:D (Sorry, but Demon does tend to know which side his bread's buttered doesn't he)? :D
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick and Kylie didn't seem drunk to me;)
  • welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    i didnt see tonights did gail tell david
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I totally agree
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail is letting this fester in her , and that's not good. If this does come out it will tear her family to pieces, she needs to get a grip and stop and think what this is going to do if David does find out the truth.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,865
    Forum Member
    Gail's cure all for all family problems seems to be abortions! She only gave birth herself to David because Martin found out she had booked an abortion and managed to talk her out of it, she paid for Tina to go behind David's back and terminate her pregnancy, and put so much pressure on Natasha that she went behind Nick's back to abort their baby! Gail even forfeited her job at the health centre in order to split Nick and Natasha up, having caused an abortion years previously when she intervened in Nick and Leanne's relationship as she "didn't approve" yet again :rolleyes:

Talk about a woman obsessed with keeping her sons tied to her apron strings! Since she was too late in finding out about Sarah-Lou's pregnancy with Bethany to arrange an abortion she seems to have gone into overdrive! Horrible old bint who is 100 times worse than Ivy ever was! At least Ivy had the excuse of being a religious nut! I'm beginnig to think Gail has shares in Weatherfield abortion clinic! :D

I am surprised she hasn't marched stepdaughter, Tina off to have an abortion since she decided to be a surrogate for Gary ad Izzy. Then again I think Gail has forgotten Tina is her stepdaughter. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Bitter and Twisted Gail makes Ivy look like Mother Teresa.

Bring back Suzy Birchall ! :)
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am surprised she hasn't marched stepdaughter, Tina off to have an abortion since she decided to be a surrogate for Gary ad Izzy. Then again I think Gail has forgotten Tina is her stepdaughter. :D

Absolutely! Hadn't actually thought of that! perhaps if she wasn't so pre-occupied with all the Lewis wooing etc, she just might have had time to conspire this! :D
    Bitter and Twisted Gail makes Ivy look like Mother Teresa.

Bring back Suzy Birchall ! :)

Agreed! :cool: