Options

I know Gail is a hypocrit and a battleaxe but Kylie and Nick are clearly in the wrong

Comments

• Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lostindex wrote: »
    Gail is a bitter twisted nasty piece of work. They made one drunken mistake and they are really regretting it so why can't she just shut that big mouth of hers. I really can't stand her and her holier than thou attitude!!

She has become a deeply unpleasant woman and quite vindictive.

Wasn't she about to dump her family for life with Lewis in Italy a couple of weeks ago?
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    She has become a deeply unpleasant woman and quite vindictive.

Wasn't she about to dump her family for life with Lewis in Italy a couple of weeks ago?

Yes, indeed she was, but tonight according to herself, they are her life, and she has to wrestle with her conscience not to spill the beans! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    golden raygolden ray Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I think Gail is trying to protect David because Kylie said loud and clearly when they were both alone in the house that she was leaving him and imo it's obvious she's confused about her love life and is a nervous wreck - and who's the father of the baby she is carrying?

I am perplexed by Nick's total lack of responsibility by sleeping with his brother's wife.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gail was a bit more understandable tonight, you can tell that she wants to tell David the truth, but she also knows it will destroy her family.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    golden ray wrote: »
    I think Gail is trying to protect David because Kylie said loud and clearly when they were both alone in the house that she was leaving him and imo it's obvious she's confused about her love life and is a nervous wreck - and who's the father of the baby she is carrying?

I am perplexed by Nick's total lack of responsibility by sleeping with his brother's wife.

Very strange too that Gail is in a rage with Kylie but less so with Nick. Does she not reckon that Nick's betrayal of David was actually far worse?
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member

It's because he knows his brother is a weasel.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    It's because he knows his brother is a weasel.

As pointed out by Lewis in his video lol:D
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Very strange too that Gail is in a rage with Kylie but less so with Nick. Does she not reckon that Nick's betrayal of David was actually far worse?

Ah but you're forgetting that Gail's relationship with Nick is bodering on incestuous (only on her part though), so St. Nick can do no wrong in her eyes.

Yes, Nick and Kylie were in the wrong but it really isn't Gail's place to spill the beans. It took Sally's voice of reason to make her realise just how much she'd lose - i.e. everything and everyone - if she told David.

She needs to realise that her children are now grown-ups and have to deal with and live with their own mistakes, however destructive they may be.

Whoever the father turns out to be, the baby will still be her grandchild.
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    Ah but you're forgetting that Gail's relationship with Nick is bodering on incestuous (only on her part though), so St. Nick can do no wrong in her eyes.

Yes, Nick and Kylie were in the wrong but it really isn't Gail's place to spill the beans. It took Sally's voice of reason to make her realise just how much she'd lose - i.e. everything and everyone - if she told David.

She needs to realise that her children are now grown-ups and have to deal with and live with their own mistakes, however destructive they may be.

Whoever the father turns out to be, the baby will still be her grandchild.

Very sensible post.

As much as Nick and Kylie are trying to save their own skins, I think that Gail's motivation is even more selfish. She can't live with the secret, so she wants to lay waste to the lives of those around her (as she was also happy to do by running away with Lewis), she has never liked Kylie so wants to see herself vindicated, she resents the place her daughters-in-law have in her sons' affections and wants to get them out of their lives so she can draw the apron strings ever tighter, and it was only when Sally pointed out what she (Gail) stood to lose that she really had pause for thought.

So no, I don't think Gail is in the right. I think she's behaving like a bitter, selfish and controlling shrew.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    There is no way David should not be told. He was an absolute brat and really annoying at the time, when Kylie and Nick slept together, but there still is no excuse for not telling him the truth. He has to have the right to choose what he does with the truth, but just because Kylie and Nick want to protect the "family" is not enough excuse to keep David living a lie.

If Gail was any kind of mother, she would actually for once take the stance of David, and let him in this big secret.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Nick and Kylie made the mistake of sleeping together at a time when they were both deeply unhappy. They both regretted it in the morning.

Gail needs to just shut up and stop being so sanctimonious. She was prepared to abandon them all for Lewis and now she's trying to control them again. It wouldn't matter who Nick and David were married to, they wouldn't be suitable; Gail would rather she was their wives - as someone upthread said, it's almost an incestuous relationship she has with them.

When the baby is born, Kylie can have a DNA test to discover who the father is, and even if it turns out to be David's, Gail will still find something to go on about - she'll never let it rest until the scriptwriters have forgotten about it!
  • Options
    J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think as it is Nick who has slept with Kylie although gail wants to reveal all to protect david 20% of her won't to protect nick. whereas if david had slept with leanne gail would have told nick instantly without hesistation as nick is her fav.
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's Gails place to spill the beans. She is just being vicious about it, they did wrong but it was a rebound reaction - not excusable of course. She should think things through and see what destruction it would cause. This is not just Kylie going astray Nick is to blame as well. She's so filled with hate for Kylie she can see no further than that, OK Kylie is a nightmare but anyone can see that David and her love each other.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Bandita;64474576]I don't think it's Gails place to spill the beans. She is just being vicious about it, they did wrong but it was a rebound reaction - not excusable of course. She should think things through and see what destruction it would cause. This is not just Kylie going astray Nick is to blame as well. She's so filled with hate for Kylie she can see no further than that, OK Kylie is a nightmare but anyone can see that David and her love each other.[/QUOTE]

I agree - It's up to Nick and Kylie to fess up if they want to. (Which I think they should). LIving a lie is very unhealthy.

Gail is a vindictive, judgemental woman who's only happy when she's unhappy.;)
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sensible post.

As much as Nick and Kylie are trying to save their own skins, I think that Gail's motivation is even more selfish. She can't live with the secret, so she wants to lay waste to the lives of those around her (as she was also happy to do by running away with Lewis), she has never liked Kylie so wants to see herself vindicated, she resents the place her daughters-in-law have in her sons' affections and wants to get them out of their lives so she can draw the apron strings ever tighter, and it was only when Sally pointed out what she (Gail) stood to lose that she really had pause for thought.

So no, I don't think Gail is in the right. I think she's behaving like a bitter, selfish and controlling shrew.

This, completely.
  • Options
    Rueben_ClaraRueben_Clara Posts: 186
    Forum Member

I completely agree.

Janet43 wrote: »
    Nick and Kylie made the mistake of sleeping together at a time when they were both deeply unhappy. They both regretted it in the morning.

Gail needs to just shut up and stop being so sanctimonious. She was prepared to abandon them all for Lewis and now she's trying to control them again. It wouldn't matter who Nick and David were married to, they wouldn't be suitable; Gail would rather she was their wives - as someone upthread said, it's almost an incestuous relationship she has with them.

When the baby is born, Kylie can have a DNA test to discover who the father is, and even if it turns out to be David's, Gail will still find something to go on about - she'll never let it rest until the scriptwriters have forgotten about it!
    Gail made a mistake trying to have a relationship with Lewis and she is paying the price for that. Kylie and Nick made a mistake as well. The fact that they regret their mistake does not make it any less of one. Instead of facing up her to responsibilities anf facing the consequences of her actions, Kylie is lying about what she did and acting as though Gail has no basis for her vendetta. The fact that she slept with her husband's brother and is willing to see mother and son at loggerheads is disgusting, regardless of whatever Gail has done in the past.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    Gail is letting this fester in her , and that's not good. If this does come out it will tear her family to pieces, she needs to get a grip and stop and think what this is going to do if David does find out the truth.

It is difficult for Gail. If Gail divulges the truth David will shoot the messenger and hate her for it. If he finds out another way he will wish she had said something once she knew. So it is a dilemma for Gail.

How Kylie's baby looks in the end, ie whether more like David or Nick, could just give the game away eventually.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the baby has massive ears, it'll be Nick's.
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ultimately Kylie should be the one to tell her husband the truth.
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for Gail.
    Daft woman gets conned by known conman, but gets vilified instead of sympathy.
    Stupid children misbehave, she gets caught in the middle, but apparently it's all her fault.
    She's always been stupid, doesn't make her evil.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ultimately Kylie should be the one to tell her husband the truth.

You never know. If the baby has a serious health scare, Nick could suddenly look too concerned for David's comfort, leading to suspicions or revelations. If this were EastEnders it would burst out in the open on Christmas Day of course.:eek:
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't tell me that Kylie didn't get get a share of the loot when she helped Lewis raid Gail's bank account; and Audrey got £9,000 of it. Gail should stop the sale of the house, throw David and Kylie out and take in two lodgers to help her pay off the £40,000 loan.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    The "who's the father" storyline will be over as soon as the baby is born. It will either have overwhelming weasel-like qualities or it won't.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't tell me that Kylie didn't get get a share of the loot when she helped Lewis raid Gail's bank account; and Audrey got £9,000 of it. Gail should stop the sale of the house, throw David and Kylie out and take in two lodgers to help her pay off the £40,000 loan.

Exactly:) The transfer of mortgage didnt take too long, a few days. Yes silly woman should have thrown them out and got two grateful lodgers.
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I tend to agree with the OP. Yes we know Gail is hardly whiter than white, but two wrongs (or in her case 2 million wrongs) don't make a right. Ultimately, Gail has the sense to know that these things always come out in the wash, and she's desperate to protect her beloved David.

She knows he would go postal if he found out further down the line that the baby might not be his.
    I still don't know how David and Kylie managed to buy Gail's house so quickly (the matter of a couple of days??!!...... odd to me.