Options

Anyone wear Christian Louboutins?

EsensuelleEsensuelle Posts: 1,722
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm thinking of buying some CL, and I wanted to get people's thoughts about the best choice for comfort. I know comfort and CL are a bit of an oxymoron :eek: but I need comfy shoes! I really like the Pigalle but I hear so many stories about the narrow toe box and then the vamp looks kinda short also so this has put me off a bit. I'm now thinking about the décolleté or Ron Ron patent.

What do you guys have and did you have to size up for comfort?

Comments

• Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you need the shoes for? Work? Clubbing? Social Events?

I personally wouldn't recommend Louboutins as an everyday working shoe.
    I only wear mine if I'm going out someplace where I'll be sitting for the majority of the night.

Pigalle is one of the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever worn; pointy tips never work well for me. Oh dear, Vamp is a bit of an ugly shoe. It's a rather "old lady" style. :eek: Both Decollete and Ron Ron are nice enough.

I have Pigalle 85 in patent nude, I had to get it like TWO SIZES bigger! They're beautiful but honestly, they hurt. The entire triangle in the front is empty, my toes cannot squish together and fit inside there.
    The other one I believe is called You You? It's a black medium heeled peep toe one. She's one of my favourite shoes, but I still wouldn't wear it everyday. If I remember correctly, this one ran true to size.

Those are the only two heeled ones I have. I'm more of a flats kinda gal.

The best I can tell you is to try them yourself. If you love it and it's comfortable to you, or you think it's beauty is worth the pain - go for it.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    I think the OP means toe cleavage when they talk about vamp, cos there is a lot of it on show wearing the Pigalles. I tried these on in a few sizes, nope I wasn't even going there. Folks talking about oh they'll stretch out best buy them true to size, uh no I can't do painful shoes.

I have the Ron Ron's which I would recommend you buy if you are trying them for the first time. The toe is nicely rounded and I didn't find them uncomfortable at all. I also have Rolando's which were a bit of a challenge initially but they feel great now. I personally wear mine at work occasionally, but I don't do my commute in them, I put my shoes on when I get there.

I went up one size bigger with both shoes.

eta Just looked at those You You's, they are very pretty!
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    :eek: I could never afford the. Aren't they like 3k:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,286
    Forum Member
    I have the Bianca and I went half a size up. At first they were a bit challenging, and I'd only wear them out when I would be sitting down most of the time, but they're fine now. They are quite high so I wouldn't recommend them if you're not used to walking in very high heels.

This thread on The Purse Forum might be helpful to you!
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I have black Decollete and they are fine, i went a size up. I do not think they are more uncomfortable than any other shoes that height. I never go anywhere in high heels anymore thought, i just change the shoes for the event and take them out at the exit.

They are are not the type of shoes to walk around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    :eek: I could never afford the. Aren't they like 3k:eek:

Nah, more like £500...treat yourself :D
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    If I won enough money, I'd definitely get a pair, or 100 :D
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a few pairs. I wear my Louboutins occasionally to work, but generally I prefer them for going out/event shoes.

Im a big fan of my black patent Bianca, I dont find them uncomfortable at all, but then, Im used to heels. The only time I wear flat shoes is at the gym :p

I agree with what was said before, I think the Ron Ron is a good first pair to get.

Mine are all my actual size, I didnt feel the need to size up, but I know quite a few people who do so the best thing is to try on a few pairs yourself and see what you think.

Im hoping for the Equestria boots, maybe for my b-day!! :o
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    I have a few pairs. I wear my Louboutins occasionally to work, but generally I prefer them for going out/event shoes.

Im a big fan of my black patent Bianca, I dont find them uncomfortable at all, but then, Im used to heels. The only time I wear flat shoes is at the gym :p

I agree with what was said before, I think the Ron Ron is a good first pair to get.

Mine are all my actual size, I didnt feel the need to size up, but I know quite a few people who do so the best thing is to try on a few pairs yourself and see what you think.

Im hoping for the Equestria boots, maybe for my b-day!! :o

OMG I just had a look - they are super high! :eek: I would be toppling over! :D
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    OMG I just had a look - they are super high! :eek: I would be toppling over! :D

:D They are high! I tried them on and just totally fell in love with them. I absolutely MUST have them!

what is it they say, "the higher the heel, the closer to heaven" :p Id go with that, but then Im very rarely out of heels!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Louboutins to be the comfiest shoes for everyday wear and for going out. I have really tiny feet though and find their sizes to be spot on. I've never needed to 'size up' or down.

Pigalle can be uncomfortable I've been told if you have long toes.:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a pair of the black and gold 'Josefa' shoes. They're hardly a daytime/work shoe though.

I would probably go for the Decollete or Pigalle
  • Options
    Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it, someone educate me, whats so good about them?