World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XIX (Spoilers)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,728
Administrator
Continuation of: World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XVIII (Spoilers)
FMKK wrote: »
Hopefully Bryan fights Bray at Elimination Chamber to finally end that feud (at least they're giving their eventual showdown the long build) then moves back to the Authority, saying that they drove him to the edge etc.

Comments

• lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like I missed a fairly decent Raw.

Ohh, new thread :)
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orton/Cena again. Zzzzzzz
    That said though, I really hope it's Orton that wins. I'd like to see a story with them feuding. Wouldn't want Lesnar going into WM as the champ though

Summer Rae wrecked the PG rating :o:D

Found it hilarious they addressed the whole Khali not having his shoulders down thing.

Daniel Bryan and Luke Harper put on another great match together. He really has surprised me with how good some of his performances have been
    And finally, Bryan joining the Wyatt's...Far from happy with this angle. I just hope they go down the route of Bryan just playing along with them and then turns and faces Bray at Elimination Chamber or something.

You know, I had that thought again, 'Christ we need a new commentary team'. They're just so boring and bad at selling the matches. #SaveUsJR

Overall not a bad Raw to see us out of 2013
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've imagined how this story could play out and it has potential to be good. They could have Punk and Cena etc. try to convince Bryan that he's made a wrong move and he doesn't listen. Then Brie finally begs him to leave the Wyatts, who turn on him for showing weakness. Then he can fight Bray at Elimination Chamber and move on to HHH or HBK for Wrestlemania.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing Daniel Bryan should be doing at Wrestlemania is fighting for the title.
  • jrmich9jrmich9 Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark__ wrote: »
    The only thing Daniel Bryan should be doing at Wrestlemania is fighting for the title.

This.
  • DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty good RAW to end the year, as for Bryan I hope he doesn't stay with them for long/it's all a plan to get Bray when he least expects it kind of thing.

But a part of me does kind of like it.
  • AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    I've imagined how this story could play out and it has potential to be good. They could have Punk and Cena etc. try to convince Bryan that he's made a wrong move and he doesn't listen. Then Brie finally begs him to leave the Wyatts, who turn on him for showing weakness. Then he can fight Bray at Elimination Chamber and move on to HHH or HBK for Wrestlemania.

Thats crap because all it shows is that Bryan is weak, and didnt leave on his own accord but got kicked out by the bad guys. You want Bryan ideally to be doing this as a joke, pretending, leading them on to turn on them at the Rumble and eliminate them all. Thats how this should go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    Thats crap because all it shows is that Bryan is weak, and didnt leave on his own accord but got kicked out by the bad guys. You want Bryan ideally to be doing this as a joke, pretending, leading them on to turn on them at the Rumble and eliminate them all. Thats how this should go.

Well in that scenario, just have him leave for Brie's sake and then Bray get's pissed off and threatens her. Bryan stands up for her and looks all noble and chivalrous.
  • SRWSRW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cena Politics for sure if Bryan turns full heel
  • BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh... Shiny New Thread!

Caught up with the end of Raw just now.
    A good Raw to end the year on there - some bad stuff in there but on the whole I enjoyed it. And the chat here was incredible as always - the only place where you'll find Abba,Brock Lesnar's scream, the NBA and Thierry Henry discussed in the same show. :D

It's amazing - Cena, Sheamus, Ryback and Rey Mysterio all don't appear on Raw and it's suddenly much more enjoyable. :D
    And Ziggler and Sandow both winning on the same show?! When was the last time that happened - not that I'm complaining?

Have to be honest the Wyatt/Bryan ending was good on Raw but I can see it happening that Bryan works with them until RR and betrays them there and then has a blow-off match with Bray Wyatt at Elimiantion Chamber which he wins before advancing to WM.
    I just can't see WWE turning Bryan heel properly - I know they according to rumours aren't fans of him but it'd be insane to turn him heel and not have a proper ending to the HHH/Bryan saga. I know WWE often don't book what fans want or try not to listen to the fans - but c'mon!

Read some people making WM Predictions so based off Raw and guesswork my best guesses now would be:

WWE 'World Heavyweight' Title: Orton (C) v Lesnar
    HHH and Batista or HHH,Batista and HBK v Punk and Bryan
    Cena v Undertaker
    With A Shield Break-Up Match and probably Cody v Goldust as the other main match-ups.

Would sound good to me. All the matches will certainly have had a proper build-up and people interested. Just as long as we avoid Cena v The Wyatts I'll be happy.

I know some people may not like Bryan not being in the title match in my predicted one above (remember it's what I predict will happen) but it makes sense in a way since his problem and beef is mainly with HHH rather than over the WWE Title, I'd say it still makes sense. And anyway I'm sure the average fan won't be complaining if they get to see Bryan beat HHH at WM.
    Sure Bryan going for the WWE Title would be good - but it's not the end of the World if he doesn't.
    And from what Lesnar says I'm assuming we'll get him in the World Title match at WM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SRW wrote: »
    Cena Politics for sure if Bryan turns full heel

More like Vince/HHH serving their own agenda. Cena has already put him over clean as a whistle.

He's not going full heel anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there's a bigger danger of them turning the Wyatt's face than damaging Bryan. They're a cool gimmick as it is, teaming them up with such a popular babyface is asking for trouble, especially if they're serious about Cena/Wyatt for Wrestlemania.
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Source

WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young was reportedly hospitalized in the past week and has since been moved to a hospice. She was scheduled for the RAW Old School special but won't be appearing now.

Sad news. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    Source

WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young was reportedly hospitalized in the past week and has since been moved to a hospice. She was scheduled for the RAW Old School special but won't be appearing now.

Sad news. :(

Indeed - sad news. Whatever anyone says the segments Mae Young was involved in, you have to admire how up for anything she was. Best wishes to her and her family.

Though changing gears - I love that Barrett has called that podium 'the Bad News Buggy'. :D
    Whatever anyone says, he is making that gimmick gold! If only we could have Barrett competing as well.
    And just hearing about some of the New Year honours list reminded me of that segment where Michael Cole got knighted on Raw in the UK.
    *shudders* :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh My God the wade barrett segment! What did everyone think of that!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was entertaining in my view - the alternative to that segment let's be honest would have probably been a Del Rio match instead or more 'how to download the App' tutorials or more recaps of recaps of recaps so compared to those options, that segment was far better use of time.

And those 'Bad News Barrett' segments are a bit of fun and help to keep Barrett visible on Raw - so I'm happy with them. But can we have him back in the ring soon please WWE?

Credit again to the WWE production crew - the Orton video on Raw as I said at the time was brilliant and I love the Royal Rumble 'speed dating' promo video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAFX_mJPga8
    It's actually funny! And Curtis Axel amazingly doesn't come across as wooden in it - those production people really do earn their money.

I love promo videos like the Royal Rumble one though - the WM21 movie clips ones were gold. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    It was entertaining in my view - the alternative to that segment let's be honest would have probably been a Del Rio match instead or more 'how to download the App' tutorials or more recaps of recaps of recaps so compared to those options, that segment was far better use of time.

And those 'Bad News Barrett' segments are a bit of fun and help to keep Barrett visible on Raw - so I'm happy with them. But can we have him back in the ring soon please WWE?
    Credit again to the WWE production crew - the Orton video on Raw as I said at the time was brilliant and I love the Royal Rumble 'speed dating' promo video. It's actually funny! I love promo videos like that - the WM21 movie ones were gold. :D

Yeah BfG it was entertaining, car crashy entertaining, i liked him ascending real slow and the guys just staring at him and Dolph laughing. He is the best part of the jbl and cole show though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah BfG it was entertaining, car crashy entertaining, i liked him ascending real slow and the guys just staring at him and Dolph laughing. He is the best part of the jbl and cole show though.

Don't let Panda here you say that - I hear Renee is on that show. :D
    I've heard a lot about the JBL and Cole show - especially from both of them - does anyone here actually know if it's any good?
    I remember watching and enjoying both the 'The Z True Long Island Story' (at least until 40 or so episodes in when it started becoming a Raw Recap) and 'The Dirt Sheet'videos. Is the JBL/Cole show any similar to either?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I got bored and went to get something to drink. By the sounds of it, I didn't miss much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    Don't let Panda here you say that - I hear Renee is on that show. :D
    I've heard a lot about the JBL and Cole show - especially from both of them - does anyone here actually know if it's any good?
    I remember watching and enjoying both the 'The Z True Long Island Story' (at least until 40 or so episodes in when it started becoming a Raw Recap) and 'The Dirt Sheet'videos. Is the JBL/Cole show any similar to either?

I think its brill. Renees real funny. Cole and JBl have great chemistry. Hornswoggles good. Cody Rhodes is great. Wade Barrett is fantastic. Everyone on it is funny.
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent show, Lesnar was of course the highlight, sure he may not be diamond on the mic but does he really need to be?

He is a legitimate monster with real credentials, he isn't just a tattooed bodybuilder like Boretista, his reputation alone puts him over each time and that segment delivered also, him clashing with Henry was like something out of Jurassic Park.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Rock not at 'Mania confirmed then (if not already).

@TheRock: Between Vince, Brock & myself our Wrestlemania 30 plan was ROCK vs BROCK. No plans now for 30 but possibly WM 31. #RockTalk @_JordanMayoral
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

@TheRock: Between Vince, Brock & myself our Wrestlemania 30 plan was ROCK vs BROCK. No plans now for 30 but possibly WM 31. #RockTalk @_JordanMayoral

Beat me to it.

If Rock isn't going to be there, I'd like to see Austin there. Punk vs Austin would be great and they wouldn't need much effort to build the feud.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    Beat me to it.

If Rock isn't going to be there, I'd like to see Austin there. Punk vs Austin would be great and they wouldn't need much effort to build the feud.

Austin vs Punk would be the best, can't see it myself though.
This discussion has been closed.