I get free UK landline calls with BT Talk VOIP. But which is cheaper for:

International Calls to the US.
Calls to mobiles in this country.

The landline or the VOIP?

Comments

• CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not wishing to sound rude here, but I dislike researching for other people when the information is easily available out there already.

Go to the website, check how much your talkplan charges for both, then check how much BT Talk charges. There's your answer, but I don't think it's fair asking here to do your research when you can do it yourself very easily.
  • Cajun_MoonCajun_Moon Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Agreed CitySlicker.

What the poster will find is that actually the call charges are extremely similar, if not the same, for most UK calls, both landline and mobile.

The main benefits of BTBroadbandTalk are the inclusive free calls in the evenings and at weekends and the overseas call rates.

For those with a BT broadband package of Option 2 or above are quite easily able to make the transition into routing all calls through the VOIP solution rather than their landline. Once the firmware upgrade for routing landline incoming calls through the HomeHub phone is released then this really will be a nice tidy package.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this and getting rid of the other phones in the house which hook up with the traditional landline which essentially I no longer have any use for.
  • sean2003sean2003 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    International calls are generally cheaper over BT's VoIP compared to BTs fixed line service
  • Cajun_MoonCajun_Moon Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Yes, though don't forget the 3p call set-up fee.