Orchid Dialler

Firstly, may i wish everyone a Happy and Healthy 2007! :)

I have decided to get an Orchid dialler V4+ (as i have Bt's caller display!) I already know about the MSE 20% discount!! :D

Just wanted to double check a few things before i proceed.
I'm currently on BT's option 1 service, i shall be keeping BT for my line rental, but registering with 'PRIMUS SAVER OPTION 2' - is it possible to go through Topcashback / Quidco / etc, has anyone encountered any problems this way?

I shall then be signing up with 18185.co.uk for all my other calls, as per Heinz' guide, as per 16 Dec, on the MSE website.

Just out of curiosity do Primus charge a connection fee on their free evening and weekend's U.K. calls? I notice 18185 charge 0.0p per min, but presume there is a initial connection charge?

Finally, i heard a few rumours that the call quality/clarity with these cheaper calls providers, 18185, etc, are not on the same level as with BT, is this true, or just scaremongering. Have you lot encountered any problems with Primus/18185?

Many thanks in advance for your help guys! ;)

Comments

• HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    I'm currently on BT's option 1 service, i shall be keeping BT for my line rental, but registering with 'PRIMUS SAVER OPTION 2' - is it possible to go through Topcashback / Quidco / etc, has anyone encountered any problems this way? Yes. Go to Uswitch.com via Quidco - they're offering £16 cashback at the moment. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=3866863&postcount=2

Just out of curiosity do Primus charge a connection fee on their free evening and weekend's U.K. calls? I notice 18185 charge 0.0p per min, but presume there is a initial connection charge? E&W UK 01/02 calls made on Primus Saver Option 2 are totally free - no connection or per minute charges. Similarly, 18185 UK 01/02 calls are totally free AFTER the 4p connection charge.

Finally, i heard a few rumours that the call quality/clarity with these cheaper calls providers, 18185, etc, are not on the same level as with BT, is this true, or just scaremongering. Have you lot encountered any problems with Primus/18185? I've never had any problems with Primus and, in the 2 years I've been using 1899, 18866 and 18185, I've had a couple of calls drop out and another couple where the sound quality meant I had to redial (which eliminated the problem both times).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Many thanks Heinz for your kind reply! :)

A Happy New Year to you!