When interested in someone

2»

Comments

• jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Wish I had the balls to do that. :)

You're Welsh. One of the reasons I enjoyed my stay in Wales so much was that quite a few women there were very forthcoming. You're too classy for that of course, but just saying like.
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shyness can be a major barrier and when mixed with social anxiety, can make asking someone out a situation filled with anxiety, fear and procrastination. Of course, that approach normally, from past experience leads to disappointment, negative thoughts and regret.

Past experience also taught me that doing the positive thing and asking someone out usually leads to "I have a boyfriend" or "I only see you as a friend" (the dreaded "Friend Zone"). Hope that luck changes in the near future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God no, far too shy.. very annoying :(
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I had the balls to do that. :)

Unless you are a pre-operative transsexual, you haven't, nor are you ever likely to have, balls, full stop. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    Unless you are a pre-operative transsexual, you haven't, nor are you ever likely to have, balls, full stop. :p

Or maybe she does and she's hanging around in the wrong places, so to speak :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a shy teen, but somehow managed to meet up with enough girls to find myself, miraculously, going steady with them. So even for me it seemed relatively easy then.

I was married at 19 and single again by 28. The contrast was startling - I couldn't get arrested with a woman. I think getting married so young I'd missed out on some of the training you need to interpret the signals of interest that adults give out. If only it was as easy as when we're young.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm fine at talking to folk in situations where it's natural, like parties or clubs or at uni, and I'm ok with talking to people who're sat by me on the train, or have conversations which follow on from some incident e.g. I got chatting to a guy on my way to a seminar yesterday because he thought he'd dropped something and I helped him look. But no way could I approach someone who just made positive eye contact in a shop or something, or in the street.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I just tend to flop out my willie and wave it around like a helicopter blade.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goonst wrote: »
    because he thought he'd dropped something and I helped him look.

You were looking for his guts? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You go for the sympathy? :p
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hehe, I like the ball talk :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member

But would this potential relationship ever take off? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's clearly a high flyer :D
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking of the scenes from Bruno now, when he does the helicopter :D
  • shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesnt half hurt when you hit it off the side of the bathroom handbasin though.:o
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just stare at them when they're not looking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    You go for the sympathy? :p

Touche old chap, touche :D
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you're attracted to someone do you approach them?

If i had a penny for every time that didn't happen, i'd be a millionaire by now.
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    He's clearly a high flyer :D

lmao!!!:D
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you mean? :)

Well I am sure if some gorgeous hunk of a man was to go up and start chatting to a woman, she would be quite happy with the situation feeling flattered and the rest. However if I was to replace that hunk in the situation there would furtive glances for exit strategies and possible looks as if I was something they stepped in.

I freely admit I am not everyones cup of tea :)
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    I fumble with glances, not knowing if looking and smiling is the right thing to do. My honest 'hello' smiles have been met with some withering looks and so I am never sure what is welcome and what is an intrusion.

Perhaps it is the remains of the starchy Victorian era in the UK but in Spain and most East Europe countries people actually look at one another, from getting in trains to entering a bar. Good hard looks and smiles too from those of the opposite sex who find me worth smiling at.

In the UK people are always looking at the floor as they pass - what good is that? Its like saying 'don't even think about speaking to me - I'm not interested'. Much better to hold your head high and nod a greeting or similar. What is it with all these odd and useless social regimes?
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Hehe, I like the ball talk :D

Three is my maximum juggling wise.