Kelvin McKenzie - So what now????

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07
    I hope your dad finally finds some peace after the report a few weeks ago. I too know survivors who have been abused because of that headline and a family who's son died and that headline haunted his mother. People say its just a headline but for to long people belived what he wrote was true ( a few sadly still do even though it's been proven to be a lie)
    YNWA xx
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,807
    Forum Member
    Interesting he chose to use The Spectator which also had to aplogise for an article about Hillsborough.

I wonder if Kelvin's is being given advice by a PR consultant, would his old mate Max Clifford offer advice?

The police didn't write the headline "The Truth" Kelvin did, his own reporters have stated they were aghast at what he wrote.

Over the years he's being willing to mouth off about anyone or anything but on this he doesn't want to talk to anyone about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I go all "Mystic Meg" on you and say that come Christmas time Mr Scrote will have an autobiography out called "All about Me - The pain of being the most hated person in the world, and how I am being punished for telling the truth by Kelvin McKenzie I.Q minus140) and in this book will be claimed that he was close to suicide/ had nervous breakdown and how he came to reinvent himself by trying to sue the Police for damage. You Mark My Words folks its about to happen.
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,002
    Forum Member
    'We need to talk about Kelvin'
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's funny how MacKenzie's only demanding an apology 22+years after that tragedy happened. He's never bothered asking for an apology before he was thrust back into the spotlight again over this.
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Interesting he chose to use The Spectator which also had to aplogise for an article about Hillsborough.

The Spectator appears to have given MacKenzie free rein to demonstrate that he is firmly inserted up Rupert Murdoch's ...orifice ;) . Here's an interesting quote from this article [about the hacking of Milly Dowler's phone]:
    The problem with journalism is that people don’t tell you the truth. They think it’s the truth, they hope it’s the truth, they wish it to be the truth but they get it plain wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelvin Mackenzie .. Just go away.You are a dispicable little man who will get no sympathy from any right minded person
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07
    I hope your dad finally finds some peace after the report a few weeks ago. I too know survivors who have been abused because of that headline and a family who's son died and that headline haunted his mother. People say its just a headline but for to long people belived what he wrote was true ( a few sadly still do even though it's been proven to be a lie)
    YNWA xx

Thank you :)

I know - over the past 23 years people have dismissed it as something that happened to somebody else. Now I think people are realising after the report has come out that it could have been any team there that day, and that it could have been any of their family who go to games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Thank you :)

I know - over the past 23 years people have dismissed it as something that happened to somebody else. Now I think people are realising after the report has come out that it could have been any team there that day, and that it could have been any of their family who go to games.

That's the sad thing.. People should realise those killed and injured could of been any clubs supporters..people had reported crushing at that ground a few yrs before. .. Nothing was done.. Sadly it's 23 yrs later .. Better getting justice eventually than never at all
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,286
    Forum Member
    How many people really believed such allegations at the time?

Sounds like the local media reported it as the sort of things they expected football fans to do..when infact they were trying to help and save the lives of the injured.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    How many people really believed such allegations at the time?

Sounds like the local media reported it as the sort of things they expected football fans to do..when infact they were trying to help and save the lives of the injured.

Millions believed it.. The scum wasn't the only paper that reported it,but most didn't make it a massive headline like the scum
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loathesome foul man. I absolutely hate him:mad: The damage that man did is disgraceful. I'm not a religious person but someday I hope he has to answer to his maker(Whomever that is) and is found guilty as hell :mad:
  • saddossaddos Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Hi does any one know what happened to Kelvin does he still have a job thanks
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saddos wrote: »

Having a pop at the Chawners was the one and only good thing McKenzie ever did.
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet he's cursing his luck at the timing of the Savile exposé and the Hillsborough report. I suspect he would have been one of the commentators doing the media rounds (for a small fee) talking about the issue.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should withdraw from public life for the rest of his time on this planet.

I certainly don't wish to see him on my TV screen ever again & I suspect that I'm not the only person who thinks this.

Him and Piers Moron. Awful people with no consciences.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's absolutely loaded, probably only works when he wants to anyway.
  • Chabby_BoonaChabby_Boona Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perjury, Kelvin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perjury, perjury, perjury...

Hahaha...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Him and Piers Moron. Awful people with no consciences.

Put him in front of a court.

If he purgers himself - bye bye career.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Still hiding from all the people he's offended?
    Savage by name: Why is Paul O'Grady so angry?
    "When you say sorry, you don't say, 'But it wasn't my fault'. It was his fault. He was the editor of the paper, the captain of the ship. Liverpool will never forgive him."It was also The Sun's depiction of gay people during the 1980s Aids crisis for which O'Grady despises MacKenzie. In his latest memoir, Still Standing, O'Grady's accounts of looking after loved ones until they died in emaciated agony are devastating. He describes begging God to save a close friend as he hugged the once "beautiful boy now degenerated into the wizened, incontinent, senile old man I held in my arms"........"The Sun always talked about 'homosexual haunts' as if we were all slithering, diseased, around back alleys. I'd like to see him turn up in Liverpool during the gay and lesbian march, and say sorry. He hasn't got an ounce of remorse in his body."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still hiding from all the people he's offended?

perjury, google it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Purger to purger yourself, google it,
    I'm looking forward to the day when KMacK is obliged to testify under oath, etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Put him in front of a court.

If he perjury himself - bye bye career.