Gove advisor in bullying claim

Comments

• ExiledchillerExiledchiller Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says in the article

'But the Department for Education settled the case with a reported £25,000 pay-out before it got to an open court hearing.'

Course Gove knew nothing abosolutely nowt!
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is it up to him to order the pencils as well, do you think?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it up to him to order the pencils as well, do you think?

No one told him his advisors have gone and his department paid of bullying claims

Maybe he's been wandering round saying where are my advisors has anyone seen them?

Didn't he notice his advisors were't turning up for work

Sounds like BS to me

Honestly I have no idea what Gove does he doesn't know his advisors are gone, was on the news last night his policy is a mess

What exactly does he do? maybe put him on tea duty
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine he spends most of his day playing Angry Birds on his free iPad.
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much longer are these findings of dodgy behaviour by Gove's SpAds going to go on before either Gove gets a grip of them or Dave gets a grip on Gove?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much longer are these findings of dodgy behaviour by Gove's SpAds going to go on before either Gove gets a grip of them or Dave gets a grip on Gove?

And what about ministers being accountable for their spads behaviour and hiring
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what about ministers being accountable for their spads behaviour and hiring

Yeah like Jeremy Hunt was :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah like Jeremy Hunt was :D

Exactly!
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says in the article

'But the Department for Education settled the case with a reported £25,000 pay-out before it got to an open court hearing.'

I know. Either he is lying or incompetent.
  • PandorianPandorian Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    It says in the article

From your own article.
    But permanent secretary, Chris Wormald, said it was "standard practice" not to inform ministers about such cases.
  • Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    Private Eye has been reporting the doings of Gove's 'advisers' for quite some time now..
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterdays interrogation by the four Labour MP's was deliciously embarrassing - for them, not Gove. This was a priceless moment...
    An email from special adviser Dominic Cummings suggesting a journalist suffered from mental health problems may well have breached rules on negative briefings.

It was down to Sefton Central MP Bill Esterson to raise the issue, but he gave Gove room to escape by claiming that Indy hack Richard Garner was a Whitehall staffer. The exchange was excruciating:

Gove: That was not an email which was sent to a permanent civil servant
    Esterson: Yes it was
    Gove: Who?
    Esterson: It was sent to a member of staff, Richard Garner
    Gove: Richard Garner is the education editor of the Independent, not a permanent civil servant

Source