Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    The BBC pointed that out to her and she said it doesn't matter. I think part of it is they've simply had enough & couldn't bear any more days in court.

Ah, thank you. I did wonder.

Yes, I agree with you.
  • bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    ds1969 wrote: »
    It's really not difficult to understand (unless you get wrapped up in media or TV lawyer BS).

As apposed to being wrapped up in Oscar's colon? Humungous BS IMO
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point. But if anyone is in any doubt whether he will end up broke as a result they should look up the Pistorious family clan on Wiki. These people are seriously moneyed.
    In case anyone couldn't find it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H_Pistorius_%26_Co
  • wackywwackyw Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ds1969 wrote: »
    It's really not difficult to understand (unless you get wrapped up in media or TV lawyer BS).

hhhhmmmmm.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    The BBC pointed that out to her and she said it doesn't matter. I think part of it is they've simply had enough & couldn't bear any more days in court.
    It came across to me that they were relieved that this particular episode is over and that he is at least doing some time.
    I think that at some stage they will give media interviews and only at that point will we know how they truly feel about the sentence. Or maybe it will come from a family member/friend.
    Until or unless that happens I hope the media gives them some space.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why the Steenkamps have decided NOT to pursue a civil case as with O J Simpson?

If it's purely for lack of money, I'm sure the money could be raised by public subscription?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys for all your replies.

Very kind of ye. ;-)
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the Steenkamps have decided NOT to pursue a civil case as with O J Simpson?

If it's purely for lack of money, I'm sure the money could be raised by public subscription?

Probably pride. They don't want blood money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Inspiration has not replied to my request for a link to this "new" information, so I can revaluate my opinion. That is on the conduct or lack of of Aimee and of course Clarice (to a lesser extent) in their together taking of Reeva's Handbag away from the Police's Murder Scene.

As it stands, in this Country they would be up for some form of interference in the course of Justice if not tampering of evidence etc. That would also apply to Karl the data wiper too.

I dunno, some people come in here and make claims out of the blue and when asked for confirmation, they just disappear.

Tis a mystery to me plank. :confused:
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    I can understand why the technical difference between manslaughter/culpable homicide and murder matters to a judge but why does it matter to you, or us? He killed someone, denying another human being of 60+ years of life, of a family of her own and all the experiences she would have had during those years. The "punishment" he`s received is woefully inadequate when set against that.

You cannot just ignore the circumstances of how somebody came to lose their life simply because you consider that loss of such magnitude that only the severest penalty is appropriate. The difference might be only "technical" to you, but they are of paramount importance when assigning criminal liability.
    Forum Member
    bootyache wrote: »
    So you think the head of the SA NPA is full of bullshit and so are law Professors??

And you know better than them?

Oh don't suggest that, perhaps Cr*p hammer is a preferable term to what SA NPA and Law Professionals were doing.
  • FrillynixFrillynix Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member
    zolug wrote: »
    So was Oj Simpsom but the whole world knows that these are two men who murdered their partners in cold blood have for different reasons have got away with murder.

Totally agree.
    Forum Member
    Yes Inspiration has not replied to my request for a link to this "new" information, so I can revaluate my opinion. That is on the conduct or lack of of Aimee and of course Clarice (to a lesser extent) in their together taking of Reeva's Handbag away from the Police's Murder Scene.

As it stands, in this Country they would be up for some form of interference in the course of Justice if not tampering of evidence etc. That would also apply to Karl the data wiper too.

It appears Inspiration has run out of ideas :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookcover wrote: »
    Oh don't suggest that, perhaps Cr*p hammer is a preferable term to what SA NPA and Law Professionals were doing.

What's " crap hammer " book? :D
  • Imogen_RichardsImogen_Richards Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClaireCh wrote: »
    I read this and thought 'Zuma'. ;-)

Yes. Maybe Oscar's claim in the night club was right after all.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Oscar Pistorius was a crackshot whose mantra was "always know your target" - Daily Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-crackshot-whose-mantra-4477239
    Forum Member
    What's " crap hammer " book? :D

Its the reverse formulation ...a BS detector in other words.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Maverick with yet another good article:

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2014-10-21-things-we-lost-in-the-pistorius-fire-reeva-truth-justice/#.VEa1kH-9KK2

I really feel that a jury would have found OP guilty of murder.
    Forum Member
    Yes. Maybe Oscar's claim in the night club was right after all.

What he owns Zuma? And Zuma gives him free accomodation and security for a minimum of 10 months. Some Employee. :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its the reverse formulation ...a BS detector in other words.;-)

Right, gotcha. :D:D
  • jack_blairjack_blair Posts: 17,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update on op in jail. He had his food in his cell on his own. Not 'mingling yet then !

I think if the Steenkamps felt justice was done that's the most important thing to come out of today. Can't help but think they'd have preferred a longer sentence. I was bit aggravated by Roux grinning like a Cheshire cat as he left court , which I thought was rather smug.
    Forum Member
    Right, gotcha. :D:D

See I know 2+2 does not equal 5, I can however convince you have 11 fingers (fact) :o:D:D:D

Sh*t I think I have blown my cover now :blush::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What he owns Zuma? And Zuma gives him free accomodation and security for a minimum of 10 months. Some Employee. :D:D:D

OP goes to a secure little part of the jail for a few months so that SA doesn't look as though it can't accommodate disabled prisoners and so that the public's desire for jail time for him is satisfied. Then he's back in the mansion for the rest of the sentence. Keeps the Pistorii happy.
    Forum Member
    jack_blair wrote: »
    Update on op in jail. He had his food in his cell on his own. Not 'mingling yet then !

I think if the Steenkamps felt justice was done that's the most important thing to come out of today. Can't help but think they'd have preferred a longer sentence. I was bit aggravated by Roux grinning like a Cheshire cat as he left court , which I thought was rather smug.

Roux" won" in his opinion...compared to what he knew his client was worthy of.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Maverick with yet another good article:

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2014-10-21-things-we-lost-in-the-pistorius-fire-reeva-truth-justice/#.VEa1kH-9KK2

I really feel that a jury would have found OP guilty of murder.

Good article. So true . The truths indeed lost. But it's perfectly reasonable to speculate that the scenario was never any of OPs versions. I have always believed that this was a D V situation. Nothing has changed my mind . Indeed his behaviour confirms it. The evidence, such as it was , confirms it. He got away with murder. It happens.
This discussion has been closed.