Options

Channel 5 picks up NCIS: New Orleans and CSI: Cyber

2»

Comments

• Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine Channel 5 will show CSI from January/February onwards followed by CSI Cyber since The Mentalist has no start date yet, NCIS New Orleans I think Fridays at 9pm after CBB has finished. The Mentalist I imagine will be delayed until next Autumn or shown on Thursdays when there is a date for it.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There will be nothing but NCIS or CSi soon lol
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    Havn't they usually shown CSI from February-June/July cycle, it was only this year that they delayed showing it until June, of course they could do so again but may decide to show it from February who knows, especially as The Mentalist which took the Tuesday 9 o'clock slot doesn't have a start date for its final season in the US

I don't think there will be any crossover between the two anyway, as CSI:Cyber is taking the place/timeslot of CSI in the US so any episodes between the 2 shows can't happen.

That is not a legitimate reason on why a crossover can't occur because of a change in time slot for CSI. It is likely CSI will be moved to a different day. SVU, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD had a crossover early this year and have one next month, but neither air on the same time or day, therefore never affected or disallowed a crossover to happen.
  • Options
    leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is not a legitimate reason on why a crossover can't occur because of a change in time slot for CSI. It is likely CSI will be moved to a different day. SVU, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD had a crossover early this year and have one next month, but neither air on the same time or day, therefore never affected or disallowed a crossover to happen.

No CSI will have finished its run for the season when Cyber comes on, now CBS could debut Cyber early in another slot to replace a falling show but so far none of the new shows are falling that badly that they are in danger of being taken of the air.

A one episode Crossover could happen of course where a few characters are shown but they've never done that before in the CSI universe aside from backdoor pilots for the spinoffs.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    No CSI will have finished its run for the season when Cyber comes on, now CBS could debut Cyber early in another slot to replace a falling show but so far none of the new shows are falling that badly that they are in danger of being taken of the air.

A one episode Crossover could happen of course where a few characters are shown but they've never done that before in the CSI universe aside from backdoor pilots for the spinoffs.
    there was a tweet on Patricia Arquette twitter, saying she was doing another episode, which im thinking will inculde some of the other CSI: Cyber cast

https://twitter.com/EW/status/500129379125850112
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we might be seeing more first run CBS shows on Five now that it's owned by Viacom.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    So DS tube talk confirms that CSI will return in January along with CSI Cyber which seems the sensible move by Channel 5 especially if there is the potential of cross overs happening between the two shows!
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    So DS tube talk confirms that CSI will return in January along with CSI Cyber which seems the sensible move by Channel 5 especially if there is the potential of cross overs happening between the two shows!

So I guess they will be showing CSI Cyber on Saturday nights like they did with CSI NY.