Worst Facebook status updates (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone shared this simplistic post today:

I added the bold parts obviously

A footballer earns £250,000 a week.And pays enough tax to support hundreds of families on benefits A soldier earns £18000 a yearplus perks. A footballer gets flicked in the leg and falls over screaming yes simulation is part of the modern game. A soldier gets his arm blown off and carries on hmm really?.
    A footballer lets us down every year yup young people with lots of money who are under intense scrutiny sometimes do dumb things. A soldier makes us proud every day.if you say so Repost if you think soldiers deserve more.I guess we know the profession of the person who made this Bet 99% of you wont lol guilt trips - although technically I did repost this.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    iamsofired wrote: »

A footballer earns £250,000 a week.And pays enough tax to support hundreds of families on benefits A soldier earns £18000 a yearplus perks. A footballer gets flicked in the leg and falls over screaming yes simulation is part of the modern game. A soldier gets his arm blown off and carries on hmm really?.
    A footballer lets us down every year yup young people with lots of money who are under intense scrutiny sometimes do dumb things. A soldier makes us proud every day.if you say so Repost if you think soldiers deserve more.I guess we know the profession of the person who made this Bet 99% of you wont lol guilt trips - although technically I did repost this.

I always point out that if footballers didn't earn as much then it wouldn't go to a nurse, soldier etc. Yes they deserve more money for the jobs they do.....But a footballers wage doesn't cut theirs
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll bet they've posted one or two photos of Lee Rigby at some point!
  • Options
    AlferdPackerAlferdPacker Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant effing stand the " ....and you wont believe what happened next" style videos. I watched one once that was about a dog meeting a kitten. Tag line was along the lines of " I was scared when i saw the dog approach the kitten but what happened next made me cry" The dog literally sniffed the kitten once and walked away. Looking at comments its full of "OMG this was the best thing ever " "why cant people get along like this?"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I cant effing stand the " ....and you wont believe what happened next" style videos. I watched one once that was about a dog meeting a kitten. Tag line was along the lines of " I was scared when i saw the dog approach the kitten but what happened next made me cry" The dog literally sniffed the kitten once and walked away. Looking at comments its full of "OMG this was the best thing ever " "why cant people get along like this?"

Those aren't real, They are made purely to get you to click. The comments are also fake and designed to do the same

If you click they get paid, Or if you have to like or share then they sell on the page based on the amount of attention it gets
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Argh im in that annoying situation of being anonymously slagged off in someones status! Never been in this situation before!

My cousin deleted all our family, but missed one!, and then put a status up about that boys mum who sent a 5 year old an invoice to a party he didnt attend. She says she wishes she had thought of that and sent invoices to her family members who were no shows at her wedding!

Someone replied saying they wouldve gone if they were invited and she replied that she wishes shed have scrapped her families invites and given them to friends instead!

Im pissed off about it because myself, my mum and my dad are the ones shes yapping on about. We all told her when the date was announced that we could not go. My mum was quite upset that work wouldnt give her time off as she wanted to go to see the wedding and see my sister as bridesmaid. When my cousin was told, about a year before the wedding she was ok and understanding and said that there were a few that couldnt make it due to the time and the day and she didnt mind,

Except now shes publically slagging us off, as are random strangers who dont even know the story! I want to reply but i cant because she wants attention.

I'd just delete her from my friends list. Can understand your annoyance though.
  • Options
    Poppys_momPoppys_mom Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    The last two Facebook post from a sort of friend.

Hi ladies, do you know where I can buy a good dust pan and brush, seems she needs one with a long handle lots of photos of dust pans and brushes followed. Sorry but I was never going to take a photo of my dust pan and blooming brush :D:D:

Next day's post from the said friend,

My black bin has split should I buy a new one from the council or patch up,this one with gaffer tape. This thread is still going strong with a 50/50 split on both opinions.

Is it me this is not normal behaviour is it ? I want to type something but have been sitting like a good girl on my fingers :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Poppys_mom wrote: »
    The last two Facebook post from a sort of friend.

Hi ladies, do you know where I can buy a good dust pan and brush, seems she needs one with a long handle lots of photos of dust pans and brushes followed. Sorry but I was never going to take a photo of my dust pan and blooming brush :D:D:

Next day's post from the said friend,

My black bin has split should I buy a new one from the council or patch up,this one with gaffer tape. This thread is still going strong with a 50/50 split on both opinions.

Is it me this is not normal behaviour is it ? I want to type something but have been sitting like a good girl on my fingers :D:D

I'm gripped. I'd have asked her who is going to play her in the movie.
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member

I always point out it comes from a completely different pot of money. It's like comparing what a Doctor can earn on the NHS to private practise. It's not like the government and public pot decide a footballer is worth more than a soldier.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually in bed right now, but can't sleep so checked my Facebook out of sheer boredom. I've seen something there that has irritated me so much, I've decided to pull out my laptop so I can share it with you all!

Hi guys. Ive had a long night of soul searching and have come to some conclusons. Starting tomorrow, I'm only looking out for me and my *childs name* and nobody else XX. I know some people will call me a selfish biatch, but please respect my decision. I love you all but theres only so much you can do for people without getting anythin in return! If you have anything to say bout this, feel free to text me, if you dont have my number but want to support me just ask. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day for you, you know who you are xoxo

I. just. cannot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "So I invit ma mates nd 1 of there mates back to mine nd this hot chica starts tryna get me alone, but she has a bf who cheats on her so she think its ok. Hardest thing was sayin no."

Yes I'm sure refusing to have sex with an intoxicated girl you've just met who is in a relationship is hard. Honestly, I can't wait to see the Facebook to screen adaption.
  • Options
    Phoenix86Phoenix86 Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    "Every1 send me numbas! Lost ma contacts *his number* " - One like....from the local creeper.

The next day "Need every1 too send me numbas!" One like....from his dad

Same guy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Phoenix86 wrote: »
    Same guy?

Nope, surprisingly not :D.

The local creeper sends poetry to random girls in the form of Facebook statuses. I'll have to post some of them. They're actually hilariously "friendzone" material.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    People who hack their friends/girlfriends page and put that they are pregnant, 100's of comments saying congratulations.....Then the actual person sees and tells them all it wasn't true blah blah

The most annoying one though, Is after the 'reveal' people not reading and still adding 'Congratulations' etc
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Of course tomorrow we will have the endless "steak and bubbly" updates, the smug photos of presents and couples who live together posting gooey things on each others timelines (while they are sitting next to each other on the sofa) so that everyone can see how much they luuuuuurve each other. Blek.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    People who hack their friends/girlfriends page and put that they are pregnan

It annoys me that the hacked friend eventually writes "omgz not true ill kill u lololol!!" rather than just delete the post!
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Of course tomorrow we will have the endless "steak and bubbly" updates, the smug photos of presents and couples who live together posting gooey things on each others timelines (while they are sitting next to each other on the sofa) so that everyone can see how much they luuuuuurve each other. Blek.

It's already started. "omg ma babez has booked brewers fair for morro xxx"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm already sick of reading Valentines Day rubbish. My friends (two sets of couples) went to hotels last night and each person in the relationship made a "check in" on Facebook at the hotel complete with pictures of them posting at a mirror and talking about how much they love their partner, and then this morning it's MORE pictures and writing on eachothers walls "I love you so much thanks for the weekend trip xxx".

Why do they need to write on their walls if they're already with the person??
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I'm already sick of reading Valentines Day rubbish.

Typical stuff like this on the feed - Happy valentines day baby thank you for another amazing year

Reply: awww love u so much baby now always and forever kiss kiss kiss >:( and it's not just today either, you get this all year. I for one don't put tacky stuff on like this ^_^
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I saw this earlier "Free to a good home, unwanted valentines day gift" . "plastic rose, perfect if you want to piss your girlfriend off on valentines day"

Looks like someone is in the dog house :D
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    I saw this earlier "Free to a good home, unwanted valentines day gift" . "plastic rose, perfect if you want to piss your girlfriend off on valentines day"

Looks like someone is in the dog house :D

He must've thought it seemed like a good idea at the time :D
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I'm already sick of reading Valentines Day rubbish. My friends (two sets of couples) went to hotels last night and each person in the relationship made a "check in" on Facebook at the hotel complete with pictures of them posting at a mirror and talking about how much they love their partner, and then this morning it's MORE pictures and writing on eachothers walls "I love you so much thanks for the weekend trip xxx".

There really has to be something missing in their relationship if they feel they need to validate by publicly announcing how awesome it is. If you were truly in loves, secure in the relationship and content, surely you wouldn't feel the need to tell everyone else as it wouldn't matter, would it?
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really p****es us singles off.

Talk about rubbing our noses in it!
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I love awful valentines day statuses!

One woman on mine revealed what she had bought her bf for valentines day, 2 pot noodles, a packet of love hearts and a lads mag!

You couldn't make this up!
  • Options
    BatanyaBatanya Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I love awful valentines day statuses!

One woman on mine revealed what she had bought her bf for valentines day, 2 pot noodles, a packet of love hearts and a lads mag!

You couldn't make this up!

2 Pot Noodles......she's a keeper!