Options

Who Killed Lucy Beale? - Latest theories, updates and spoilers (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    It seems a shame this story line has ended. I would have liked a more structured and believable ending to saga but we will have to wait another 5 years for the next anniversary and see what they come up with?

It is like waiting for World Cups and Olympic games every few years.:D
    And just ;like World cups, everyone ends up dissapointed at the end of that :D
    Pacerkez wrote: »
    Nope, just how she died.

Lol I just thought of a random way to select suspects and a way to add Bobby being a possibility, in a way it'd been slightly less obvious way than how they did it with Emma. We may have have questioned him more then. I may myself still thought "nah, he lives in the house so I doubt it", but he'd have been there to look into.

I'd of thought there would have been a possibility of being seen by someone, there people outside. Who knows, Max in the end could have seen something and helped thinking Abi was to blame and cover for her.

I think Janes car is a 3 door, will have to check tomorrow. Will be awkward if she had no help getting lucy in the boot, not very loving imo. Think she's lying about the whole hospital thing. Doesn't make sense. Maybe we'll find out whether it's true or not.
    But would it be easier to boot her than get her onto the back seat of a 3 door car, especially as assume Jane would've been hurrying. I kind of feel if she put her in the boot it was to dump her. I wondered if she added that, to make her not look so monstrous. It's one of those things I'd like to be mentioned more, find out if Jane was lying, but I get a feeling, we;re not gonna hear much more about it.
    Bingo_ wrote: »
    Could they not go in for another few weeks of questioning where Jane and Ian sweat on how close to the truth they're getting but this time they discover the fall at the car lot, Abi's slap, etc and rule accidental death? That she'd fell and hit her head on the common nd that no sign of blood is explained by the fact that she'd had head trauma already in the days/hours prior to her bdoy being found. sufficient for only a relatively minor knock to cause a death
    I assume though it was a fresh wound and that was why they knew she'd been dumped.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Just putting this here because I seen some people complaining about the emotion in Friday's ep being ruined by the fireworks display so here's an alternate version for you all :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7KNLRu4uk4&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madlinger wrote: »
    Havnt posted since last night, thought the ep was stupid and cheesy, cant believe theyre just closing it up now, god its so rubbish, lost interest completely now but it was fun while it lasted

They are not closing it up... someone else is going to get arrested for it....
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand how if Lucy had just had an epiphany and finished writing the note in full, why she'd do anything to rile Bobby, other than tell him to go back to sleep or let her concentrate on what she was doing, which she had done by the time of the strike. I really think we should have been shown the argument. Was she sitting down and fell to the floor or was she standing up I presume - how did he have enough strength to hit it higher and straight on with enough force. If she was facing him its easy to knock it away..so was she not facing him when he did it?

And keeping Lucy's note whilst seeing the pain his dad went through ...I know its a plot device to close the story but it doesn't fit in with Bobby not knowing . And seriously he is coming across and being treated like a 6 year old not 11.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Right I'm posting my final thoughts on this and then like that song my kid loves that's doing my head in I'm going to let it go.

For whatever reasons the writers have made their decision and they are sticking by it so no matter how shafted we feel that's the end of that.
    As long as they are equally happy that we are also put to the wise with regard to any future involvement in their can you solve the mystery shannanigans.
    I really suspect that they had planned a different ending if the viewers cottoned on and I think that change happened more recently than they are saying. However, in doing so they are asking their viewers for an extrodinarily high measure of suspension of belief .

The live episode was only remotely emotional because of Ian finally discovering what happened to his only daughter and the letter that Lucy had left for him being read at the end. Apart from these and Peter's very real and honest reaction to the facts, the rest of the episode had more holes than a teabag.

How on earth can a man forgive the woman who has admitted to this level of involvement and secrecy within the space of twenty minutes? At best you would need hours if not days to come to any kind of understanding.
    Where do we go with Jane's characterisation? Right now I wouldn't trust this woman with a shopping list. No one puts a body in a boot with the slightest intention of going to a hospital. When Peter questions this very dodgy part of her confession. She re-iterates SHE WAS DEAD. Jane must have already decided therefore to dump the body before leaving the house. That junction rubbish was to elicit sympathy for her actions. Jane is not a stupid woman and would surely know like the rest of us that A and E are pretty much useless when it comes to bringing the dead back to life!
    Carrying Lucy like a baby across the common while lighting the way with her phone. Can not even be debated. It's impossible and should have had Peter saying what a load of bull right there. The laid her down kissed her etc was to elicit yet more sympathy. She's Monstorous!
    The whole idea of what she did she did it for her child/ put yourself in my place/ only a mothers love etc. is laughable. This woman has gone off and left this child to the care of others on at least three occassions to fulfil personal emotional needs or ambitions. Jane is obsessive about Bobby because she is unable to have a child of her own. The fact that she has been hiding the truth from Bobby is disturbing in the extreme. If Bobby has done what he is supposed to have done a responsible parent would want to make sure that he has not been emotionally affected by it or indeed that he would never do it again. If the Music box was placed under the tree by Bobby I would be making a doctors appointment for him asap, not sending him around to Massoods with a toothbrush or telling him to go upstairs and watch TV or play on the internet unsupervsed. Who only knows what he's watching?
    Cindy comes up with the you wouldn't understand you don't have a child line to Peter and Jane's eyes almost flicker with delight. One on board. Cindy is no more than a child herself and hasn't thought about the possibility of having a small baby in the house with a child that has killed another sibling. He addressed the murder weapon to Beth!! and has held on to that note for 10 months not even Jane knew about that and everyone is fine with that?
    Finally Jane has watched a man go to prison for him and someone elses daughter die in the pursuit of the truth. When she confonted Emma in the Vic it was clear that one more question and Jane would have asked her darling boy to fetch the box I'm sure. So now as the most surely macarbre family on the square are they going to watch someone else be punished for the crime? No of course not, because whilst I'm sure someone may be slightly inconvenienced by Old Ma Beale and her boy this may just be conveniantly pinned on Old Ma Cotton's dead Nick/Bobby and it will be back to Reg Cox's place in twenty years time for the 50th.
    So in the mean time lets all get down to Beales for a Burger. Just make sure you don't complain if it's undercooked!
  • Options
    Daphne GDaphne G Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been convinced for months that Lucy's killer was Bobby, so I'm still feeling a little smug that I guessed right! :D

I've seen people say that Bobby is "evil" or a "monster", but I don't think Bobby killing Lucy necessarily means that he will kill again.

Hitting your sister or brother is bad, but siblings who love each other can fight and physically come to blows. My best mate, who's basically like my brother, shoved me off a slide after we had an argument, when we were ten, and I broke my arm. :eek:

The thing is, Bobby didn't hit her with the intention of killing her or injuring her. I think he must have accidentally hit the "wrong" spot on her head, or she fell after Bobby hit her and she smacked her head on the ground. Another possibility is that Lucy was already injured earlier from her altercations with Abi, Jake, or Denise, and Bobby hitting her just made her previous injury even worse.

I wish we had gotten to see the scene where Bobby actually hit Lucy, but DTC said he didn't want to put a young actor through something that traumatic. I respect and understand his decision, but I still wish we had seen it because it would make everything a lot clearer.

I would be horrified by Jane's actions, if Bobby had intentionally set out to murder his sister. But because Bobby didn't intentionally kill her, I understand why Jane is trying to protect him, and I understand why she doesn't want him to go to juvie for manslaughter. (I'm pretty sure it would be manslaughter because for it to be murder, I think there has to be intent.) I don't condone her actions, but I understand her and I really feel sorry for her.

I also understand Ian's actions and feel really sorry for him because he loves Bobby and he loves Lucy. Lucy is gone, and making Bobby pay for accidentally killing her won't bring her back to him, so I understand why he wants to protect Bobby and Jane. I think Ian definitely would have gone to the police, if he thought Bobby had intentionally killed her!
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Bobby.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daphne G wrote: »
    I've been convinced for months that Lucy's killer was Bobby, so I'm still feeling a little smug that I guessed right! :D

I've seen people say that Bobby is "evil" or a "monster", but I don't think Bobby killing Lucy necessarily means that he will kill again.

Hitting your sister or brother is bad, but siblings who love each other can fight and physically come to blows. My best mate, who's basically like my brother, shoved me off a slide after we had an argument, when we were ten, and I broke my arm. :eek:

The thing is, Bobby didn't hit her with the intention of killing her or injuring her. I think he must have accidentally hit the "wrong" spot on her head, or she fell after Bobby hit her and she smacked her head on the ground. Another possibility is that Lucy was already injured earlier from her altercations with Abi, Jake, or Denise, and Bobby hitting her just made her previous injury even worse.

I wish we had gotten to see the scene where Bobby actually hit Lucy, but DTC said he didn't want to put a young actor through something that traumatic. I respect and understand his decision, but I still wish we had seen it because it would make everything a lot clearer.

I would be horrified by Jane's actions, if Bobby had intentionally set out to murder his sister. But because Bobby didn't intentionally kill her, I understand why Jane is trying to protect him, and I understand why she doesn't want him to go to juvie for manslaughter. (I'm pretty sure it would be manslaughter because for it to be murder, I think there has to be intent.) I don't condone her actions, but I understand her and I really feel sorry for her.

I also understand Ian's actions and feel really sorry for him because he loves Bobby and he loves Lucy. Lucy is gone, and making Bobby pay for accidentally killing her won't bring her back to him, so I understand why he wants to protect Bobby and Jane. I think Ian definitely would have gone to the police, if he thought Bobby had intentionally killed her!

I'd be inclined to believe you had it not been for the "this ends badly" TV scene at Masood's. Was there any point in that if it wasn't to plant a seed of doubt in viewers' minds?
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The unbelievable part for me is Janes reaction to finding Lucy
    She runs in in a panic and finds Lucy , she feels for a wrist pulse and finds none . So she gives up and instead of feeling her neck for one or seeing if she is breathing and immediately calling an ambulance to try save her she on the spot decides Lucy is dead and nothing can save her ?

She lifts a body which is face down by herself out of a sitting room and into a car . Intending to bring her to a hospital she decided to bring her in the boot of a car
    She tells them she cradled her like a baby while carrying her across a common and that is not even possible with anyone over the age of 5 or 6

No one heard a thing , despite the stairs leading straight out of the living area . No one stirred

I think Laurie Brett played a blinder of a woman lieing to make hersel look like she cared about Lucy . She didnt , she cared about Bobby only . None of her story rings true at all
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to believe you had it not been for the "this ends badly" TV scene at Masood's. Was there any point in that if it wasn't to plant a seed of doubt in viewers' minds?

Indeed. The whole story of there being an argument doesn't add up. I think people want to believe Bobby didn't intend to hurt Lucy as it justifies what Jane did. This is all going to turn out to one big sorry mess but then that is what EE want as it provides endless opportunities for storylines in future. You can guarantee that in future Bobby will admit that he knew what he was doing but it will be done when he is grown up so the words are not said by a child.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    David_Mago wrote: »
    Right I'm posting my final thoughts on this and then like that song my kid loves that's doing my head in I'm going to let it go.

For whatever reasons the writers have made their decision and they are sticking by it so no matter how shafted we feel that's the end of that.
    As long as they are equally happy that we are also put to the wise with regard to any future involvement in their can you solve the mystery shannanigans.
    I really suspect that they had planned a different ending if the viewers cottoned on and I think that change happened more recently than they are saying. However, in doing so they are asking their viewers for an extrodinarily high measure of suspension of belief .

The live episode was only remotely emotional because of Ian finally discovering what happened to his only daughter and the letter that Lucy had left for him being read at the end. Apart from these and Peter's very real and honest reaction to the facts, the rest of the episode had more holes than a teabag.

How on earth can a man forgive the woman who has admitted to this level of involvement and secrecy within the space of twenty minutes? At best you would need hours if not days to come to any kind of understanding.
    Where do we go with Jane's characterisation? Right now I wouldn't trust this woman with a shopping list. No one puts a body in a boot with the slightest intention of going to a hospital. When Peter questions this very dodgy part of her confession. She re-iterates SHE WAS DEAD. Jane must have already decided therefore to dump the body before leaving the house. That junction rubbish was to elicit sympathy for her actions. Jane is not a stupid woman and would surely know like the rest of us that A and E are pretty much useless when it comes to bringing the dead back to life!
    Carrying Lucy like a baby across the common while lighting the way with her phone. Can not even be debated. It's impossible and should have had Peter saying what a load of bull right there. The laid her down kissed her etc was to elicit yet more sympathy. She's Monstorous!
    The whole idea of what she did she did it for her child/ put yourself in my place/ only a mothers love etc. is laughable. This woman has gone off and left this child to the care of others on at least three occassions to fulfil personal emotional needs or ambitions. Jane is obsessive about Bobby because she is unable to have a child of her own. The fact that she has been hiding the truth from Bobby is disturbing in the extreme. If Bobby has done what he is supposed to have done a responsible parent would want to make sure that he has not been emotionally affected by it or indeed that he would never do it again. If the Music box was placed under the tree by Bobby I would be making a doctors appointment for him asap, not sending him around to Massoods with a toothbrush or telling him to go upstairs and watch TV or play on the internet unsupervsed. Who only knows what he's watching?
    Cindy comes up with the you wouldn't understand you don't have a child line to Peter and Jane's eyes almost flicker with delight. One on board. Cindy is no more than a child herself and hasn't thought about the possibility of having a small baby in the house with a child that has killed another sibling. He addressed the murder weapon to Beth!! and has held on to that note for 10 months not even Jane knew about that and everyone is fine with that?
    Finally Jane has watched a man go to prison for him and someone elses daughter die in the pursuit of the truth. When she confonted Emma in the Vic it was clear that one more question and Jane would have asked her darling boy to fetch the box I'm sure. So now as the most surely macarbre family on the square are they going to watch someone else be punished for the crime? No of course not, because whilst I'm sure someone may be slightly inconvenienced by Old Ma Beale and her boy this may just be conveniantly pinned on Old Ma Cotton's dead Nick/Bobby and it will be back to Reg Cox's place in twenty years time for the 50th.
    So in the mean time lets all get down to Beales for a Burger. Just make sure you don't complain if it's undercooked!

Agreed the whole thing just requires far too many suspensions of belief for it to make any kind of rational sense, the characters actions and motivations are skewed and it's like they've worked backwards to shoehorn them into the story they wanted to tell.
    So what you get is the story driving the characters and their characterisations all over the place to fit into what the producers wanted to happen!
    The only realistic reaction was Peter's which then gives him a perfect opportunity to be written out as he is leaving anyway...
    Quite bizarre a lot of it tbh
  • Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Why was Ben and Lucy going to Miami
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ia the poll thing still up and running.? Abi seems to be going up,,she has even beaten Jane
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David_Mago wrote: »

One of the best posts I've seen on here for ages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    -Batman- wrote: »
    Why was Ben and Lucy going to Miami

Ben didn't want to return to the square after just leaving prison and I guess Lucy obviously found out about it from Jay and they were all planning to leave together because they are the "troubled teens" of the square and just wanted to run away.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »

It's on the EastEnders Facebook page too, which I doubt it would be if the actor playing Bobby's expression didn't follow the script. He gives Masood a cutesy smile then quickly develops a worried look, as if he's thinking "uh oh, have they rumbled me?"
  • Options
    jamesjp14jamesjp14 Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Speaking of the twist, Treadwell-Collins compared the storyline to Marmite, telling The Mirror: "We had another suspect in mind at first and it was someone outside of the family and it was all a bit too serial killer, and that wasn't right.

"EastEnders is all about families and it's about kitchen sink drama. I said from the start that it's got to be emotional and come from the heart. We knew very much from the start that it would be Bobby. All the best stories have to be controversial. You can't please everyone."

"The fact Bobby doesn't know he did it is very important," Treadwell-Collins revealed. "I wouldn't lumber a little boy with that. It was a conscious decision not to screen the actual attack. That would have been too much, especially for a child."

The BBC received complaints about the episodes after they aired on February 19, with fans claiming promotional material 'misled' audiences by not listing Bobby as a suspect

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a630506/eastenders-boss-responds-to-criticism-over-bobby-killer-reveal.html#ixzz3SUbgZV00
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Alex_Daly wrote: »
    Ben didn't want to return to the square after just leaving prison and I guess Lucy obviously found out about it from Jay and they were all planning to leave together because they are the "troubled teens" of the square and just wanted to run away.

:o it just struck me that he was just going to leave Abby and run off with just Ben and Lucy!? :o:confused:
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesjp14 wrote: »
    Speaking of the twist, Treadwell-Collins compared the storyline to Marmite, telling The Mirror: "We had another suspect in mind at first and it was someone outside of the family and it was all a bit too serial killer, and that wasn't right.

"EastEnders is all about families and it's about kitchen sink drama. I said from the start that it's got to be emotional and come from the heart. We knew very much from the start that it would be Bobby. All the best stories have to be controversial. You can't please everyone."

"The fact Bobby doesn't know he did it is very important," Treadwell-Collins revealed. "I wouldn't lumber a little boy with that. It was a conscious decision not to screen the actual attack. That would have been too much, especially for a child."

The BBC received complaints about the episodes after they aired on February 19, with fans claiming promotional material 'misled' audiences by not listing Bobby as a suspect

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a630506/eastenders-boss-responds-to-criticism-over-bobby-killer-reveal.html#ixzz3SUbgZV00
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

I'm not sure you can trust anything that comes out of DTC's mouth.

BIB1 doesn't equate to what he's also said i.e. that the original killer was Jane, then Cindy. Makes it sound as though they were thinking of Ben.

BIB2 - given the "this ends badly" scene at Masood's, it would appear that Bobby probably does know more than DTC suggests, otherwise (as I said previously) what was the point of that scene? :confused:
    :o it just struck me that he was just going to leave Abby and run off with just Ben and Lucy!? :o:confused:

Was Jay actually going to leave? I wondered if it was just Lucy and Ben (not that that would really make any sense anyway). I wasn't sure Jay was going, he seemed to be just acting as some sort of go between for Lucy and Ben. I've not rewatched it since it aired, though. The whole Lucy/Ben/Jay situation was lame in the extreme and makes no sense however you look at it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi I have been a lurker for months, Since the first day I thought it was gonna be Cindy and Whitney together.

I have to say this has been the best who done it ever, its kept a lot of us entertained for months. The reveal was a big let down as the BBC made fools of its fans by doing all the suspect lists, narrowing the list down to 14 at Christmas, that was bad of them.

It still doesn't really add up, the caring Jane was taking Lucy to the Hospital in the Car Boot :) Jane check her pulse (like Ronnie checked Carl Whites).....and that was it no need for ambulance, Ian, Denise must be really heavy sleepers not to wake up. Emma figured the Scene of the crime? Who cut the Common CCTV?

Really they shouldn't have killer Lucy off they will regret it, they could have killed Whitney, Jay.....who do nothing anyway.

What people don't realise is that Bobby is already a serial killer as Laura his mom fell downstairs and died but it was caused by a trip on Bobbys toy fire engine. :D

Overall great story but ruined in the last 1 minute.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi I have been a lurker for months, Since the first day I thought it was gonna be Cindy and Whitney together.

I have to say this has been the best who done it ever, its kept a lot of us entertained for months. The reveal was a big let down as the BBC made fools of its fans by doing all the suspect lists, narrowing the list down to 14 at Christmas, that was bad of them.

It still doesn't really add up, the caring Jane was taking Lucy to the Hospital in the Car Boot :) Jane check her pulse (like Ronnie checked Carl Whites).....and that was it no need for ambulance, Ian, Denise must be really heavy sleepers not to wake up. Emma figured the Scene of the crime? Who cut the Common CCTV?

Really they shouldn't have killer Lucy off they will regret it, they could have killed Whitney, Jay.....who do nothing anyway.

What people don't realise is that Bobby is already a serial killer as Laura his mom fell downstairs and died but it was caused by a trip on Bobbys toy fire engine. :D

Overall great story but ruined in the last 1 minute.
    I guess we should be grateful she didn't follow Ronnie and have her squashed in a car squashy machine!!! I think maybe the CCTV was just meant to be a CCTV glitch.

See I can't see the problem killing Lucy as I didn't actually like her that much. My only interest in her was she got killed! So I don't think it was a bad choice. I assume though when they decided this, they didn't realise Ben Hardy was going to up and leave. So it leaves a bigger gap. Maybe Martin with the new head has returned to help fill this gap.

:D re him getting Laura with his fire engine toy... we should've seen the signs then ;-):D

Meant to add did anyone see The Last Leg? People had to tweet what they found the most scary. ISIS, Putin or Bobby being a murderer. Bobby got the most votes with 75% :D
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys - DTC is a busy little bee pumping out the story that he wants folks to believe at this time. Poor innocent little Bobby doesn't know what he has done. It was all an accident. So that when it turns out in a few years that he really did know and it was a deliberate act we are supposed to reel back in shock. :o:D
  • Options
    FCUKFCUK Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the outset....a child killer who doesn't even know he has killed is quite shocking. But the events around it and the finer details are blurred.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    It's basic knowledge. None of her injuries beforehand could have possibly affected her head. Denise threw her onto the bed, which is soft, and her head hardly touched it. Abi slapped her, which definitely isn't enough to cause any trauma, and Jake punched her in the nose which wouldn't affect the trauma either.

All of you say that little Bobby couldn't have been enough to cause her death, yet jewellery boxes are usually heavy. Not brick heavy, but definitely close by. Bobby was the only one responsible for Lucy's death and it's not medically possible that anyone else could've caused any primary damage except for Bobby, when he threw the jewellery box at her.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No point arguing it really. There's no possible way Bobby killed her with that music box, taking into account his height and strength. And a slap from Abi, a push from Denise and nose bleed from Jake is hardly going to do that much damage either.