What's happened to the sets in Neighbours?

2»

Comments

• kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    Re the oenthouse, it is actually only one room and we don't see much of it, the sofa, bar, lift doors and that is it really.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Re the oenthouse, it is actually only one room and we don't see much of it, the sofa, bar, lift doors and that is it really.

Exactly, it's probably the cheapest set on the show.
  • bluejumperbluejumper Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Which houses have pools please? Can I ask for names and numbers.. My brain needs to organise itself...
    Forum Member
    bluejumper wrote: »
    Which houses have pools please? Can I ask for names and numbers.. My brain needs to organise itself...
    I'm going to have to relate it to the original houses.

I know when it started the Ramsays was the only featured house to have one - i think that is No 24 where the Brennans now are.

The Turners house has one, i think they are in the house which Paul and Terri lived in when first married but might be wrong.

Toadie and Sonya have a pool and i think they are in the Mangels house.

The Robinsons (Cannings) (No 26 i think) doesn't have one. Nor did Des' which is now the Kennedys. I think the final featured house now is the Willis which i believe was originally Clives and then Paul lived in for years with Gail, then Cristina. It is distinctive because it is the only one where you actually see the stairs at the back of the lounge.
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member

I know when it started the Ramsays was the only featured house to have one - i think that is No 24 where the Brennans now are.

The Turners house has one, i think they are in the house which Paul and Terri lived in when first married but might be wrong.

The Robinsons (Cannings) (No 26 i think) doesn't have one. Nor did Des' which is now the Kennedys. I think the final featured house now is the Willis which i believe was originally Clives and then Paul lived in for years with Gail, then Cristina. It is distinctive because it is the only one where you actually see the stairs at the back of the lounge.

Swap the Turners for the Rebecchis and you're bang on
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It always makes me laugh at the Willis house where they have a little laundry room off the kitchen.
    The stackable washer and dryer they have.....there is no way Terese would ever be able to reach the dryer to get her laundry out of there. I`m 5ft, and doubt I could reach. I think Terese is only about 4ft 11 isnt she?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

wow kitkat - you`re a goldmine of info regarding Neighbours.
    I remember Toadie or Sonya found something of Nell Magels at their house, and it was then that they decided to name their daughter Nell, I thought that was rather sweet.
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c120701 wrote: »
    Harold's is being refurbed, people who've been on the tour have post pics of the notices.
    They're changing it ... again?!? It must have been changed at least 3-4 times since it was first introduced
    as the General Store about 10 years ago. Not to mention the internal and external doors at Harold's
    that had been altered several months ago without any sort of explanation!
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    wow kitkat - you`re a goldmine of info regarding Neighbours.
    I remember Toadie or Sonya found something of Nell Magels at their house, and it was then that they decided to name their daughter Nell, I thought that was rather sweet.

Eh? Toadie and Sonya live at number 30 - how would they find something of Mrs Mangels? She lived at 32 (Turners). I'm confused!
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Eh? Toadie and Sonya live at number 30 - how would they find something of Mrs Mangels? She lived at 32 (Turners). I'm confused!

Yep, Cream Tea is indeed right, I've just checked on the original sight. The Rebechis are in the house owned by Jim and lived in by Paul and Terri, then Hilary Robinson and then a succession of ;lone wolf' characters and the Turners are in the Mangels (32) although that is hard to recognise (at least ffor me) as we never get to see the lounge and front door now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, Cream Tea is indeed right, I've just checked on the original sight. The Rebechis are in the house owned by Jim and lived in by Paul and Terri, then Hilary Robinson and then a succession of ;lone wolf' characters and the Turners are in the Mangels (32) although that is hard to recognise (at least ffor me) as we never get to see the lounge and front door now.

Don't forget No. 30s all time classic resident - Queen Dorothy of Burkeshire!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, Cream Tea is indeed right, I've just checked on the original sight. The Rebechis are in the house owned by Jim and lived in by Paul and Terri, then Hilary Robinson and then a succession of ;lone wolf' characters and the Turners are in the Mangels [B](32) although that is hard to recognise (at least ffor me) as we never get to see the lounge[/B] and front door now.

I loved that lounge set!!!! I liked it best when Steph and the Hoylands lived there. (Not sure why I didn't add that to my last post!) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

Here`s where I read it at last year......
    http://www.perfectblend.net/neighbourhood/bio/mitchell-sonya.htm
    Sonya and Toadie attended their first ultrasound scan and then argued about whose surname the baby will take, eventually agreeing that they should all have the Rebecchi surname. Sonya declared that she wanted a home birth and hired Alex Delpy to be her doula. Sonya and Toadie learn that they are having a girl and when Sonya finds a photo of Nell Mangel, in the Ramsay Street book, she decides to name her daughter after her
    So I was partly right about Nells name