Corrie 20/07/15: Captives!

1121314151618»

Comments

• attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disagree. The Emmerdale siege with Killer Cameron in 2013 was gripping, edge-of-your-seat drama.

As was the Corrie Underworld Siege 5 years ago.
  • skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Emmerdale siege with Killer Cameron was one of the dullest things ever, episode after episode cutting between one set of characters doing nothing and another set of characters doing nothing. The Corrie Underworld siege actually wasn't bad but that's because they mixed things up a bit and had changes in the situation rather than endlessly maintaining the status quo. (Although it suffered the same problem of trying and failing to convince the audience that they'd actually kill someone that people cared about, rather than the bad guys getting themselves killed and no-one else.)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »

But not the Hollyoaks hospital siege :D
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont you think the whole thing is so contrived with him,Leanne and Simon. Oh look, McMutton leaves her pub and is miraculously found in Leannes flat...

Yeah, it's like a bloody soap opera:D
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can't seriously be expecting anything realistic or in any way good on Hollyoaks?
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    You can't seriously be expecting anything realistic or in any way good on Hollyoaks?

Corrie is hardly much better what with Monday night's offerings. I was embarassed watching. Was Liz ever a good actress :confused: She is atrocious and Dan :o It was cringe city :blush:

The only good bit was when Dan told Simon his Mum's previous profession :D That nearly made the very awful rest worthwhile :cool:
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »

I can't remember how long ago it was, but the Fresco siege was well done, and with amusing elements. Particularly shocking was the identity of the police marksman*, the one who shot the villain. Of course, in those days, we weren't told every detail of storylines months in advance.

* I'm obviously using the suffix "man" in it's meaning of worker or hired hand, a meaning it's had for thousands of years - there's absolutely nothing sexist about it. Anyway, I don't believe there's such a word as 'marksperson'.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,799
    Forum Member
    Corrie is hardly much better what with Monday night's offerings. I was embarassed watching. Was Liz ever a good actress :confused: She is atrocious and Dan :o It was cringe city :blush:

The only good bit was when Dan told Simon his Mum's previous profession :D That nearly made the very awful rest worthwhile :cool:

I liked that bit too :D
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan wasn't armed, so I think two strong women and a lad of 12 could have overpowered him easily. :confused:
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan wasn't armed, so I think two strong women and a lad of 12 could have overpowered him easily. :confused:

Actually, Dan seemed strong when he flung Leanne to the ground, but I agree about Simon who should have had a go at him.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »
    Actually, Dan seemed strong when he flung Leanne to the ground, but I agree about Simon who should have had a go at him.

Simon's 12 :o Liz and Leanne though have been round the block more than enough to have dealt with him easy peasy. Cowards :kitty:
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon's 12 :oLiz and Leanne though have been round the block more than enough to have dealt with him easy peasy. Cowards :kitty:

But the writers wouldn't have wanted that, would they? ;-)
  • Marsh.Marsh. Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That gets the honour of being one of the most hilarious episodes of soap I have ever seen. :D
  • West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Carry on Doctor :D
  • Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,425
    Forum Member
    Tonight’s episode appearances are confirmed as:

FW = First words in episode
    BB = Last words Before Break
    AB = First words After Break
    LW = Last Words in episode