Options

River City (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Anne_CameronAnne_Cameron Posts: 4,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I watch it each week - River City these days is pure drivel!

I cannot understand why they never seem to bring a storyline to a conclusion. Nobody in the cast seems to be the same character from episode to episode. Thought the Alex character was developing nicely with Kelly-Marie and Cal and now he's had a personality transplant.

I thought perhaps that each episode was a stand-alone so that people could dip in and out but each episode is so confusing that nobody who wasn't a regular viewer could possibly umderstand the new characters.

The story with the travelling folk is so uninteresting, do not care about Alan and his family and they haven't really enmeshed with the rest of the community.

As for Eileen, who was running as Community Councillor and then suddenly without any election is a full Local Councillor with a local office and staff to boot!

Time to spend the licence payer's money on something with a bit more depth.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like Will and Robbie are over then. Cannot blame Robbie, considering there is no excuse for violence. I am enjoying the show right now.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    It looks like Will and Robbie are over then. Cannot blame Robbie, considering there is no excuse for violence. I am enjoying the show right now.:)

Shame really as they did work well together. Will, I suppose will now be transferred out of the area. At least he ultimately owned up to what he had done.
  • Options
    inverness1967inverness1967 Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame the actor playing Will has left. Can't stand Robbie so it will be interesting to see what interaction he will have now with other characters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame the actor playing Will has left. Can't stand Robbie so it will be interesting to see what interaction he will have now with other characters.

Robbie is pretty well liked in the community. He has good friends around him and it looks as though they might be pairing him up with Scarlett's step-son. With the salon on the doorstep there will be plenty of opportunity to involve him in regular episodes.

I did like the relationship between Will and his colleague Craig - and I'll miss that, as it will be more difficult now to link the police scenes into the general daily routine (Lennie Murdoch excepting!)
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I watch it each week - River City these days is pure drivel!

I cannot understand why they never seem to bring a storyline to a conclusion. Nobody in the cast seems to be the same character from episode to episode. Thought the Alex character was developing nicely with Kelly-Marie and Cal and now he's had a personality transplant.

I thought perhaps that each episode was a stand-alone so that people could dip in and out but each episode is so confusing that nobody who wasn't a regular viewer could possibly umderstand the new characters.

The story with the travelling folk is so uninteresting, do not care about Alan and his family and they haven't really enmeshed with the rest of the community.

As for Eileen, who was running as Community Councillor and then suddenly without any election is a full Local Councillor with a local office and staff to boot!

Time to spend the licence payer's money on something with a bit more depth.

I'm a bit like you Anne. I used to watch RC almost religiously but find myself at a loss with it. I do think Angus has been paired up nicely with Bob but I think all the new faces have put many regular RC viewers off.
    I loved Raymondo and Gina, especially as they both had a good relationship with Eileen, who I think has also gone a bit wayward since they both left.

Scott Vickers, who played Will and left last night is currently filming Catalyst:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catalyst-The-Film/1625401534392701

Hope he gets on well as he was great in RC. I think Robbie will now spend more time with Kelly Marie.
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »
    I'm a bit like you Anne. I used to watch RC almost religiously but find myself at a loss with it. I do think Angus has been paired up nicely with Bob but I think all the new faces have put many regular RC viewers off.
    I loved Raymondo and Gina, especially as they both had a good relationship with Eileen, who I think has also gone a bit wayward since they both left.

Scott Vickers, who played Will and left last night is currently filming Catalyst:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catalyst-The-Film/1625401534392701

Hope he gets on well as he was great in RC. I think Robbie will now spend more time with Kelly Marie.

Have to say I miss the old characters like Raymond and Gina, the new characters just dont work for me, although I keep watching as I love Lenny. I have to disagree about the pairing of Bob and Angus, years ago Bob and Deek were believable as mates, but as Bob must be in his thirties now ( and looks it) and Angus only looks about 14, it just seems daft them being paired up. As for Zinnie supposedly falling for the puny wee Angus is unbelievable, someone like her is more suited to Doctor Dan IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not watched RC for a few weeks due to work but I watched it last night. Where have all the characters that I enjoyed watching gone?

No more shouty Alan Lindsay? No more sexy Dr Dan? And to top it off now, no more gorgeous Gabriel?
  • Options
    Sparks1Sparks1 Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    They always seem to disappear with little said. I hadn't realised Will had left or Alan Lindsay! I knew Gabriel had gone and wasn't aware of Doctor Dan either...

Next weeks episode looks to be a good one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not watched RC for a few weeks due to work but I watched it last night. Where have all the characters that I enjoyed watching gone?

No more shouty Alan Lindsay? No more sexy Dr Dan? And to top it off now, no more gorgeous Gabriel?

I also forgot no more DC Will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sparks1 wrote: »
    They always seem to disappear with little said. I hadn't realised Will had left or Alan Lindsay! I knew Gabriel had gone and wasn't aware of Doctor Dan either...

Next weeks episode looks to be a good one.

Last I heard Alan Lindsay got had off to find his girlfriend then I saw in his Twitter that he was away. I only heard Zinnie say Dr Dan had gone off to help Nepal earthquake victims and I saw Gabriel was leaving from The Sun and then on the River City FB page as I thought he was only going up to help Nicole in Aberdeen. No doubt someone will mention him staying up there in the next few weeks. I know that Will Cooper left as he has a film on the go too.

Loads of lovely actors left and we are left with Alex McAllister and Stevie. And now next week we have Sanjeev Kohli. Hardly eye candy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think Doctor Dan has left , he just hasn't been seen for a few weeks, but Will has been transferred to somewhere else, so don't think he'll be back. Alan Lindsay has gone searching for the traveller woman in the caravan, so will be surprised if he comes back, and Gabriel , I think will be back at some point. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last I heard Alan Lindsay got had off to find his girlfriend then I saw in his Twitter that he was away. I only heard Zinnie say Dr Dan had gone off to help Nepal earthquake victims and I saw Gabriel was leaving from The Sun and then on the River City FB page as I thought he was only going up to help Nicole in Aberdeen. No doubt someone will mention him staying up there in the next few weeks. I know that Will Cooper left as he has a film on the go too.

Loads of lovely actors left and we are left with Alex McAllister and Stevie. And now next week we have Sanjeev Kohli. Hardly eye candy.

I think the "eye candy" these days is supposedly Angus:D
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Stevie has really grown into himself lately :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the "eye candy" these days is supposedly Angus:D

Whit? *Spits lunch out all over PC screen* :(:( Poor show if it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think Doctor Dan has left , he just hasn't been seen for a few weeks, but Will has been transferred to somewhere else, so don't think he'll be back. Alan Lindsay has gone searching for the traveller woman in the caravan, so will be surprised if he comes back, and Gabriel , I think will be back at some point. :)

I just hope they aren't all leaving because of the 'bullying' rumours reported in this article:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s17/river-city/news/a669736/scottish-soap-river-city-in-bullying-row-as-bbc-investigates-complaints-from-staff.html#~pqqLYxzgcezbMh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stevie is a very believable character, and about the best character in RC at the moment IMO.
    Whit? *Spits lunch out all over PC screen* :(:( Poor show if it is.
    Agree with that! :D Surely Zinnie isn't going to knock back Dr Dan for that wee clown who looks about 15:confused:
  • Options
    inverness1967inverness1967 Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do wonder if he'd get accepted into the fire service. They have to get a disclosure certificate. Surely he'd get rejected then.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Gabriel left for good?
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Kathleen Hutchison, she wasn't liked at EE either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Has Gabriel left for good?

According to this article he has been axed Harlowe: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/6641274/River-City-lothario-axed-from-show.html

He is due to become a dad for the first time but is a fantastic actor. I loved him in A Lonely Place to Die but Gabriel going means that is the last of the Brodies now.

Still gutted as I liked Alan Lindsay, Will Cooper, Dr Dan and Gabriel, mostly Gabriel. He is even yummier in the flesh too!
  • Options
    Sparks1Sparks1 Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    This has been amazing these last few weeks. Glad to see it go back to what it's good at - drama and less gangsters and police. Sad to see Zinnie go - remember that I couldn't stand her when she first came in but she really came into herself with the rape storyline last year. Just felt her death scene was all too quick and almost glossed over - one minute she seems ok; the next she's away.

Feel for poor Angus! And Bob - I see him and Stevie have words next week in the trailer. But it's all history repeating to him.

Can't wait for next weeks episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another actor leaving:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/river-city-star-paul-james-6835752

I think this will be another massive loss what with the characters that have left already but good luck to the actor.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no stability to the cast in that show!
  • Options
    Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to find this old thread but to anyone still watching, I thought the acting in that episode was excellent. Very moving episode, and felt very real.. This is the first post in this thread this year but anyone who still watches will know it's got a lot better in 2016, especially the last few months.