Comments

• Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 68,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tk096 wrote: »

Ohhh me gods ..... I, I mean it is tooooo cute :D:D:D Need one :D
    planets wrote: »
    i thought she'd been quiet for the last day or so.....awh moose congratulations...i think i know who the daddy is ;-)

:o>:(
    *Presses ignore button*
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    :o>:(
    *Presses ignore button*

oooo it's like having a cloak of invisibility *eats strawberry duffins with cream *saves one for tk**
  • Options
    tk096tk096 Posts: 5,829
    Forum Member
    oooo it's like having a cloak of invisibility *eats strawberry duffins with cream *saves one for tk**

Ooooh ta!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Question for you savvy folks - desktop is asking me do I want Windows 10. Do I? Do I?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Question for you savvy folks - desktop is asking me do I want Windows 10. Do I? Do I?

[highlight]NO[/highlight]:kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [highlight]NO[/highlight]:kitty:

Why not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooooh ta!

it's been a long day i knew you wanted one :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why not?

because at this stage it's still full of bugs....like that crappy beta version of DS they tried rolling out a few days back....wait until they've ironed all the bugs out unless you like stuff breaking down all the time?

*shakes cloak of invisibility*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    because at this stage it's still full of bugs....like that crappy beta version of DS they tried rolling out a few days back....wait until they've ironed all the bugs out unless you like stuff breaking down all the time?

Thanks. Will wait. That cake/muffin/doughnut was good.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,860
    Forum Member

I agree with Planets. I have been being asked if I want windows 10 for some weeks now. I ignore the requests. I like to wait for the nerdy types to adopt ( what we call in marketing early adopters) and wait and see what the word on the street is first. Some versions of Windows have been brilliant - I would give my right arm to have XP again, others have been diabolical - Windows ME for example.

I was a big fan of windows 98. I carried on using it years after it stopped being supported. Result was I killed my computer. So much detritus got into it that wasn't being patched or de bugged and when you started it up all these bits of rubbish loaded such that it wouldn't do anything. I had to dump it.

You can afford to wait a few months TK and see what those who know stuff think of it. There is a geeks forum on here actually. Might be interesting to earwig their conversations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with Planets. I have been being asked if I want windows 10 for some weeks now. I ignore the requests. I like to wait for the nerdy types to adopt ( what we call in marketing early adopters) and wait and see what the word on the street is first. Some versions of Windows have been brilliant - I would give my right arm to have XP again, others have been diabolical - Windows ME for example.

I was a big fan of windows 98. I carried on using it years after it stopped being supported. Result was I killed my computer. So much detritus got into it that wasn't being patched or de bugged and when you started it up all these bits of rubbish loaded such that it wouldn't do anything. I had to dump it.

You can afford to wait a few months TK and see what those who know stuff think of it. There is a geeks forum on here actually. Might be interesting to earwig their conversations.

Thanks An, I did have a look but couldn't understand a lot. I will wait for tkjr to see to the desktop. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    awh wee Rollo :D:D

Oh what a weekend. Sigh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought my new lappy already came with Windows 10 .... must have been 9. Or 8. I know absolutely nothing. If I can switch it on then I'm doing alright :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought my new lappy already came with Windows 10 .... must have been 9. Or 8. I know absolutely nothing. If I can switch it on then I'm doing alright :blush:

i could be wrong but i believe they went from windows 8.1 straight to windows 10....if you have windows 8.1 it keeps flashing this offer at you to download windows 10 but they can bugger off with their get the customer to do the beta testing nonsense....

...in other news.....
    *puts on sunglasses* my jet setting life style got very exciting as i have just returned from my annual trip to Boots....i know you all got very excited about it when i went to Boots last August so i thought i'd let you know i made a return trip (the clinique offer is on but it is in store only not online *shakes fist*) i'm obviously exhausted and shall have to be horizontal for a few days from the excitement of it all *waves regally* tiaras aren't very comfortable lying down are they?
  • Options
    Fink-NottleFink-Nottle Posts: 60,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i could be wrong but i believe they went from windows 8.1 straight to windows 10....if you have windows 8.1 it keeps flashing this offer at you to download windows 10 but they can bugger off with their get the customer to do the beta testing nonsense….

They said nein to nine because of the superstitious Japanese.

...in other news.....
    *puts on sunglasses* my jet setting life style got very exciting as i have just returned from my annual trip to Boots....i know you all got very excited about it when i went to Boots last August so i thought i'd let you know i made a return trip (the clinique offer is on but it is in store only not online *shakes fist*) i'm obviously exhausted and shall have to be horizontal for a few days from the excitement of it all *waves regally* tiaras aren't very comfortable lying down are they?

You must have been disappointed - Boots do not sell shoes!! Or choux for that matter….
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i could be wrong but i believe they went from windows 8.1 straight to windows 10....if you have windows 8.1 it keeps flashing this offer at you to download windows 10 but they can bugger off with their get the customer to do the beta testing nonsense....

...in other news.....

Woohoooo :D:D:D Did you purchase any other delights? Do you get mileage rewards? Which shoesies did you wear?

Well done anyway. I know how hard I find it to go out on a jolly and it must be a million times more exhausting for you.

You can have some double cream with your Duffin today in celebration :D

Eta : I must be on 8.1 then. I did get a 10 request last week and thought as this lappy is new and has to last me for the rest of my life (or until one of the siblings pop off and leave me their riches) then I'd best not do any tinkering to jeopardise it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You must have been disappointed - Boots do not sell shoes!! Or choux for that matter….

If ever a shop should be done under the trade descriptions act .....
  • Options
    Forum Member

:D:D:D mmmm choux mmmmmmm
    Woohoooo :D:D:D Did you purchase any other delights? Do you get mileage rewards? Which shoesies did you wear?

Well done anyway. I know how hard I find it to go out on a jolly and it must be a million times more exhausting for you.

You can have some double cream with your Duffin today in celebration :D

Eta : I must be on 8.1 then. I did get a 10 request last week and thought as this lappy is new and has to last me for the rest of my life (or until one of the siblings pop off and leave me their riches) then I'd best not do any tinkering to jeopardise it!

well i bought my cliniquey items to get my free gift but on the way in spied some argonoil which is supposed to be fabulous for hair - so i'm about to read up about it and when i send the staff (mother planets) in to pick up my shopping tomorrow i may send her with instructions for argonoil purchases depending on what my research brings up!!! ooooooo i could do with a duffin!!!!

yes that's what happened to me i got the flashing offer thing but know from previous experience it's not a goo idea until all the bugs are ironed out!

i had some VERY interesting reading last night of old threads....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If ever a shop should be done under the trade descriptions act .....

Like Mr Whippy!!
    :D:D:D mmmm choux mmmmmmm

well i bought my cliniquey items to get my free gift but on the way in spied some argonoil which is supposed to be fabulous for hair - so i'm about to read up about it and when i send the staff (mother planets) in to pick up my shopping tomorrow i may send her with instructions for argonoil purchases depending on what my research brings up!!! ooooooo i could do with a duffin!!!!

yes that's what happened to me i got the flashing offer thing but know from previous experience it's not a goo idea until all the bugs are ironed out!

That arga stuff is flogged in one of the pound stores, shampoos, conditioners, creams etc.

Old threads…. a bad hair day?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Old threads…. a bad hair day?

can you imagine the horror?????:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can you imagine the horror?????:o

Hair-raising!
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh yes? *Raises curious eyebrow*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yes? *Raises curious eyebrow*

indeed....those shoe repairers were very interesting brought back lots of memories :cool:
This discussion has been closed.