Alton Towers Advice

Comments

• mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ForestChav wrote: »
    Notts finish next weekend, though that surely won't affect saturdays.

You really won't get on anything travelling up from Kent and back in a day! Isn't it about 4/5 hours? So even if you set off at about 6am, you won't get there until 10/11, and you'll probably have to leave about 4/5pm to get back at a sensible time as well, so you'll have what, 6/7 hours there? With all the queueing?

if we go we wont be leaving untill the park closes doesnt matter if we dont get home untill midnight:)
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Take a spare t-shirt & shorts etc and leave in the car as you are likely to get a good soaking on the water rides. Though if you go on these first then you can dry as you walk and queue. If you go on at the end of the day then at least you can change if required when leaving.
  • RowenaObsidianRowenaObsidian Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Take a plastic bag to put your mobile, purse/wallet and anything else you don't want to get wet in if you plan on going on the water rides as I'm pretty sure the flume and rapids don't have anywhere to leave your bags so you have to take them on with you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work on the rapids and stuff.... what id do is :P go to nemesis and air first :) everyone will be heading straight to thirteen and rita go to thirteen later on in the day itll be quieter.... if you wanna go on the water rides id suggest fast track unless your planning on doing it first thing at 11 otherwise we will have about an hours queue for most of the day....... personally I wouldnt wait an hour...... oblivion never really gets a long queue the throughoputs really high, but yeah id reccommend nemesis first :) youll be able to go on a couple of times straight away if your lucky :P
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodgygeeza wrote: »
    Here is someone speaking sense :cool:

I just wish Alton Towers didn't have such massive planning permission restrictions as they're pretty much crippled and I don't believe they will ever build anything as intense as Nemesis again. Air had potential but it's just too slow. Rita also had potential but it's a bit of a one-trick pony much like Oblivion, except that it lasts for a bit longer. As for Thirteen, I've heard what the "world first" element is and knowing in advance would rather spoil it, given that the rest of it looks rather tame.

You can blame the miserable farts who live in the village of Alton for that. They moaned about the noise and managed to get this silly rule introduced where the park can't build above the tree's. Never mind all the money that Alton Towers brings into the local economy as well employing local people:rolleyes:

This silly rule is the reason the thunder looper was removed and the reason that Alton can't build the wooden coaster they desperately want to build. The thunder looper is now in a theme park in Brazil somewhere and still works just fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodgygeeza wrote: »
    As for Thirteen, I've heard what the "world first" element is and knowing in advance would rather spoil it, given that the rest of it looks rather tame.

The rest of the ride is rather tame, but knowing what the world first element is won't ruin it for you.. you'll see what I mean if you ever go on it :cool:
  • mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how does the VIP Parking work?
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alton Towers isn't up North, its in the Midlands.

it is to me, miles oop north
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mw0390 wrote: »
    how does the VIP Parking work?

I think you just pay more to park closer to the park. Then you don't need to park far away and use the monorail to get to the entrance.
    Camino wrote: »
    it is to me, miles oop north

I'm in Bucks too. :D

I don't think of Alton Towers as that far away though as we used live quite close to it.
  • DJPTDJPT Posts: 4,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I think you just pay more to park closer to the park. Then you don't need to park far away and use the monorail to get to the entrance.

Yeah that's right. They were charging £15.00 for that when I went last weekend :eek:

I parked in the normal car park. The queue for the monorail was ridiculous so we walked it. Only took about 10 minutes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    it will be really busy but its to be excpected so

Never pay full price buy an adventure fast track gets you ontothe log flume the rapids the run away train and some other stuff and im sure its only a fiver we all ways do this cause then we get to go on thebig ridesand the middleish okish rides
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still debating whether we should go lol, how are the queue times for the smaller rides(Flume, Rapids Sonic Spinball etc etc)

Around 15 Minutes Long. But when we went at Halloween, we had a thing to skip the queues.
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Around 15 Minutes Long. But when we went at Halloween, we had a thing to skip the queues.

Queue-jumping doesn't count.

Joking aside, they did have these silly priority pass things at Disney, just seemed like a waste of money to me, it wasn't that much of a big deal to queue up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its called Sonic Spinball now, its ok.

Last time I went it was on a Saturday and it was pretty busy but we managed to get on loads by using the single rider queues. You don't always get to sit next to your friends but it halfs your queue time.

When/Why did the name change?
  • lilhunni_Jolilhunni_Jo Posts: 13,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    still debating whether we should go lol, how are the queue times for the smaller rides(Flume, Rapids Sonic Spinball etc etc)

I went on a school trip for a day in mid-June...we queued fully for Sonic Spinball and it took at least 45 minutes. It would've definitely been worth going in the single rider queue though, as this got people round a lot faster. It didn't work for all rides though - was really slow for rita.

Also, try to go on the big rides first. We were a week day, so it'd be quieter anyway, but the queue times got to over an hour for Air etc during the day, yet because we went on them first thing, we literally walked straight on, no queues at all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queue-jumping doesn't count.

Joking aside, they did have these silly priority pass things at Disney, just seemed like a waste of money to me, it wasn't that much of a big deal to queue up.

And a Total rip off. Around 9 of us went at the time I mentioned, and that would have cost a bomb for 9 queue jumping things. I wouldn't bother with them.
    Forum Member
    And a Total rip off. Around 9 of us went at the time I mentioned, and that would have cost a bomb for 9 queue jumping things. I wouldn't bother with them.

You can probably just sneak under the barriers without anyone noticing anyway, at your age :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can probably just sneak under the barriers without anyone noticing anyway, at your age :o

We did that once on the log flume. I was the only guy who didn't get wet, and everyone bet £1 that I would be drenched. :D
    Forum Member
    We did that once on the log flume. I was the only boy who didn't get wet, and everyone bet £1 that I would be drenched. :D

fixed :)

I dunno, if you're small (I was 5' tall at 14), and you get in the middle surrounded by tall people on something like that you're not going to get very wet.

But then, I would have thought the whole idea of a log flume was to get wet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fixed :)

I dunno, if you're small (I was 5' tall at 14), and you get in the middle surrounded by tall people on something like that you're not going to get very wet.

But then, I would have thought the whole idea of a log flume was to get wet?

1st; They are all around my height. :cool:
    Also it wasn't the flume, it was the one with the round boat thing and the water spraying at you and all the small waterfalls and stuff.
    Forum Member
    1st; They are all around my height. :cool:
    Also it wasn't the flume, it was the one with the round boat thing and the water spraying at you and all the small waterfalls and stuff.

Oh, the rapids.

(Year 8s still make me laugh).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, the rapids.

(Year 8s still make me laugh).

Yeah them things. And It is Year 9... in one week.
    Forum Member
    Yeah them things. And It is Year 9... in one week.

Isn't it 1st September when it changes :o

Still, that's just details :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it 1st September when it changes :o

Still, that's just details :p

3rd of September, but we are saying it is on Friday so we have our current form tutor for a month less. (He's leaving :D)
    Forum Member
    3rd of September, but we are saying it is on Friday so we have our current form tutor for a month less. (He's leaving :D)

woo. I bet he's more glad to be rid of you lot than the other way round!

It's still Sept 1st though, if you were born 2 months later, you'd be in year 7 :o

We used to get 2 months off at summer (we'd have finished by now probably, and go back about a week later than the state schools) which was probably too long, really, by about August bank holiday I was always twitching to go back to school :)

Was nice with the longer holidays though because you were off and the state school kids weren't, so all the places like alton towers and stuff were usually a lot quieter and holidays were cheaper as well :)