Wide Awake
Smile

Tuneage!

Comments

• Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope for Joe's sake you're right. You can't under perform on Cowell's watch.
  • Options
    josh2721josh2721 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm listening to it online. It's actually uplifting and the ballads are very pleasant. They've got to get the single choices right from nowon though or he's ****ed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For anyone interested, Joe performed a gig the other day, where he himself said that 'Someone Wake Me Up' is the next single. Good choice IMO.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone interested, Joe performed a gig the other day, where he himself said that 'Someone Wake Me Up' is the next single. Good choice IMO.

I was thinking that should be the next single, it's far better than Ambitions and probably would have made a fitting debut.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's great listened to on a decent player there is something for all. It's young and dancey can be played loud with good beats and you can hear Joe's lovely voice.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live performance of Someone Wake Me Up. Such a great song and glad it is the second single.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2onxKsgOuD0
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After a couple of listens I'm really impressed with it. Upbeat and full of catchy songs - I think people will be surprised by it. My favourites so far are Someone Wake Me Up, Superman, Real Late Starter (would love this as a single) and Wide Awake.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I love it :D

A bit short and the 10th track sounds a bit unfinished (it ends really suddenly :confused:) but all in all it's really enjoyable. And something different from the usual male talent show contestants.

It certinaly deserves to sell well and I hope future singles lead to good album sales.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glitzy wrote: »
    After a couple of listens I'm really impressed with it. Upbeat and full of catchy songs - I think people will be surprised by it. My favourites so far are Someone Wake Me Up, Superman, Real Late Starter (would love this as a single) and Wide Awake.

Here is the acoustic version of Wide Awake. One of the best he has done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EROQ3pg9qAE
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is really, really good and hope people don't judge it on Ambitions as it is probably one of the weakest tracks on it.
  • Options
    PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pretty good. :D

Wasn't keen first time I listened as it sounded overproduced on some tracks but it gets better the more I listen. I'd forgotten how much I liked his voice.
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #2 on the first midweeks :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a listen to it this afternoon on Spotify, actually not too bad! I like Smile and Fahrenheit alot. I really hope he doesn't do a Leon...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wide Awake It a reat first album. Don't think Joe is flopping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #2 on the first midweeks :)

Great job Joe! Given what has happened that's really great. I hope you can keep it up. The album is really good and I agree with James, Fahrenheit is my guilty pleasure. :D
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    glitzy wrote: »

Listen to the Nerina Pallot original (she wrote it and was the first single from her 3rd album). MUCH MUCH better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rbfgj4og-M&ob=av2n
  • Options
    NeonopticNeonoptic Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've taken a listen to the previews on iTunes....the overall sound is like the 1990's rehashed, it's very dated. It doesn't appeal to me at all but I wish him the best.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neonoptic wrote: »
    I've taken a listen to the previews on iTunes....the overall sound is like the 1990's rehashed, it's very dated. It doesn't appeal to me at all but I wish him the best.

Can I just say that the preview does not do it justice (will say that actually to a lot of album previews from experience). Can't believe the great mix and diversity of the album. I could think of one Fahrenheit, which I didn't think much, but than listening to it full, it is my guilty pleasure. :D

Here is Someone Wake Me Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2onxKsgOuD0

I would hear the full songs of some of the tracks. But to each is their own.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always open to all music, including this sort of stuff, so i'm going to dig out a preview .. i'm open to being surprised, even thought i thought the single was atrocious.

And Nerina Pallot is always going to be better in my humble opinion :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back from youtube .. oh dear ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always open to all music, including this sort of stuff, so i'm going to dig out a preview .. i'm open to being surprised, even thought i thought the single was atrocious.

And Nerina Pallot is always going to be better in my humble opinion :D

I like her too actually (liked Everybody's Gone to War), so I was surprised at how well this track works for Joe. I started thinking about it and I think that Joe's voice, him being younger, and the song being more pronounced with Joe's works really effectively for some reason.

But I like both version and each one brings their own side to the song. And Nerina was happy that Joe was recording it.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nate27 wrote: »
    And Nerina was happy that Joe was recording it.:D

I think Nerina would be happy if Jedward recorded some of her stuff :)

Well, maybe not Jedward, but I think she'd probably welcome the exposure - I know she's highly regarded as a songwriter, but me, I'd like to see more people check her out.

I thought the album was poor really. And it's not like I don't like cheesy pop because I do, but it really did nothing for me.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Joe, he just can't match Alexandra's success. Then again, she was always going to be a tough X Factor winner to follow in the footsteps of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nerina would be happy if Jedward recorded some of her stuff :)

Well, maybe not Jedward, but I think she'd probably welcome the exposure - I know she's highly regarded as a songwriter, but me, I'd like to see more people check her out.

I thought the album was poor really. And it's not like I don't like cheesy pop because I do, but it really did nothing for me.

I highly doubt that. LOL. Let's not kill her career. But she is a songwriter and glad Joe picked her and it all really works with him.

But really surprised at how great this album turned out to be. It's a solid pop album with catchy, great song choices and it all really works with Joe's voice. Some are fun and upbeat in very different ways, while others have a serious undertone. I doubt Superman is a cheesy pop. :rolleyes: But to each is their own. In the end, he should be proud of this.
  • Options
    josh2721josh2721 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    `Someone Wake Me Up' next single ..... I fear a flop :(