191011121315»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Text pages got a refresh today, colour wise. Entertainment was a light blue, now a purple. The actual page number 'border' was oval-ish is now square, and the prompt itself is more smaller.
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Text pages got a refresh today, colour wise. Entertainment was a light blue, now a purple. The actual page number 'border' was oval-ish is now square, and the prompt itself is more smaller.

First saw this yesterday and thought the TV had had a wobbler. It's hideous, perhaps the idea is to discourage people from using it so they can close it down.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new colours are better for those of us with colour blindness. I couldn't read the Entertainment index on the old version without pressing the down arrow to highlight each box.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First saw this yesterday and thought the TV had had a wobbler. It's hideous, perhaps the idea is to discourage people from using it so they can close it down.
    Not at all, I think the new look is cleaner and easier to read.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's clearer to read, surely that's all to the good?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    If it's clearer to read, surely that's all to the good?
    Not sure who that's aimed at, but that's pretty much what I said. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cool:Just thought another positive reaction was worth posting. Now if only the live subtitling glitches could be sorted too that would be dandy. Yesterday we had "struggling to Klingon" instead of "cling on"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    Now if only the live subtitling glitches could be sorted too that would be dandy
    Maybe, but that's nothing to do with the Red Button service.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite, Subs advice is on page 888.
  • SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like page numbers have been taken off Freeview, unless it's just my telly playing up: the menus still operate as before, and the function to enter a page number remains, but all numbers are "not found" when you enter them, so you can't jump to, say, London/SE on 1620. Also, when you press blue for the 199 index, the service just hangs - all other functions appear to be running as normal.

The change means Help pages are now inaccessible - they were only available from the index or direct entry of 9990 - and CBBC/CBeebies remain available from their channel bridges but can't now be accessed from within the RB text pages, whilst full text can no longer be accessed from CBBC/CBeebies...

UPDATE: just had a look on Sky, the numbers are gone too, and choosing 'Index' at the base of the overlay takes you to a completely blank menu!
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    It looks like page numbers have been taken off Freeview, unless it's just my telly playing up: the menus still operate as before, and the function to enter a page number remains, but all numbers are "not found" when you enter them, so you can't jump to, say, London/SE on 1620. Also, when you press blue for the 199 index, the service just hangs - all other functions appear to be running as normal.

The change means Help pages are now inaccessible - they were only available from the index or direct entry of 9990 - and CBBC/CBeebies remain available from their channel bridges but can't now be accessed from within the RB text pages, whilst full text can no longer be accessed from CBBC/CBeebies...

UPDATE: just had a look on Sky, the numbers are gone too, and choosing 'Index' at the base of the overlay takes you to a completely blank menu!

As of 13:12, the page numbers are there on Freeview, so direct access to page 9990 is restored. For now.
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    I just looked at the index on p199

There's a new section called Radio with 2 subsections, "Music Charts" and "Radio Playlists" - Obviously these link to the same pages that are on the individual radio station text systems. The format of the charts is more comprehensive than before.

Sorry if this is old news, but I couldn't find any previous mention of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen that before either but it's a shame the top 40 has to take 11 pages, lots of wasted space.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is good to have the charts back - they were an ever-present fixture of Ceefax and it was a bit of an annoyance when they came off RB, although I admittedly don't really follow the charts with the kind of fervour I did in the 90s and 00s! Good to see the likes of album and compilation charts also feature. The one problem I have is the use of the same, or imperceptibly similar, dashes to mark re-entries and non-movers, surely that can be changed, even if only to 'RE'/'NM'...
  • ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,241
    Forum Member
    There's only two problems with the music charts:

1) Since streaming was counted they hardly ever change from one week to the next

2) I will never get used to them being updated on a Friday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    1) Since streaming was counted they hardly ever change from one week to the next

92% of the figures for last week's singles charts were for streams, even after allowing for the fact that one stream only counts as 1/150 (or 1/300 depending on various factors) of a sale.

• Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prompt now disappears quicker as of yesterday, plus 'border' to get you to go to a Red Button feed (ie ch.601) now smaller.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prompt now disappears quicker as of yesterday, plus 'border' to get you to go to a Red Button feed (ie ch.601) now smaller.

The 'bridge' (p100) on Freeview appears to have been redesigned (and widened), though the text pages themselves appear unchanged; whereas the 'bridge' format on Sky - on which most pages are displayed, for that platform - is as yet unaltered (on SD)...
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member

The 'bridge' (p100) on Freeview appears to have been redesigned (and widened), though the text pages themselves appear unchanged; whereas the 'bridge' format on Sky - on which most pages are displayed, for that platform - is as yet unaltered (on SD)...

I didn't notice that it had been widened! They really should be reducing the safe area to make it narrower.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    AngusMast wrote: »

I didn't notice that it had been widened!

Yeah, it takes up about half the screen now, most of which is unutilised space on the right-hand side. It looks like it has been designed to ensure the bridge is visible when using 4:3 cut-out, which seems an odd thing to do after all this time.