Why is Jim so popular on here ?

Comments

• AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    29bus wrote: »
    Could someone post something funny he's said while he's been in there? I seemed to have missed his funny moments. He does just seem to walk round with his coat on either hiding away or biting his tongue.

There is a good thread on here about the best quotes. Humour is personal, but there are many of his one-liners that other FMs have found amusing.
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he is entertaining. He won't win though because if he gets to the final two, all the anti Jims will vote for his opponent. I would like him to stay though because without him it will be a very boring house, on the other hand he will have to endure the torture of living with Luisa and Linda a few days longer which, in Jim's words, 'you don't even get for murder'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    I disliked Davidson in the past. In CBB I've found him to be the most interesting character to study, with the little bits of Liz we see in second place.
    Is this the real Davidson, will he mess up, how much of the picking at him can he take and walk away from? A complex character, obviously intelligent, and something of an enigma in a studio of dumbnuts, plastic people, screechers and gurners.

The psychiatrist on BBOTS said something similar, that he was the most fascinating HM that has ever appeared on a CBB show.
  • itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I heard Jim was going in the House I honestly thought he would be my most disliked HM ever. I have always hated his 70s brand of humour and all that I thought that he stood for. But when I heard him telling one of the HMs (possibly Linda when he was chained to her) about how events of the past year had changed him, I found myself softening a little. And as most, if not all, previous HMs have said that it is impossible to keep up an act in there I decided to judge him purely on how he has behaved in the House. And I have not been disappointed so far. Which is more than I can say about some of the other HMs.:(
  • DingbattsDingbatts Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim goes up to the couch where Ollie is laying down with his face mask on. Ollie jumps up not having seen him.

Ollie: "F*ck me Jim!" ..he exclaims when seeing him

Jim: "Shouldn't we have dinner first?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    He's just a typical guy brought up in the 60s and 70s, don't know the people some of you guys/gals know in that age range but he is pretty normal to what I see...of course most don't make their living from always pushing the edge and these days in our PC world most guys from that time would be jumped upon if they didn't think twice in a lot of situations.

That's my theory why he'se liked by so many

And a BIG factor is the guy has done so much for our armed forces in concerts supporting the troops abroad (no fee)

My only gripe with Jim is his political views with him being a true blue TORY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garrion wrote: »
    And a BIG factor is the guy has done so much for our armed forces in concerts supporting the troops abroad

My only gripe with Jim is his political views with him being a true blue TORY

I love him more! :D
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dingbatts wrote: »
    Jim goes up to the couch where Ollie is laying down with his face mask on. Ollie jumps up not having seen him.

See - that is what I love about Jim. He is so quick with his one liners and anyone who didn't think that was funny just cannot have a sense of humour. His Russian skit with Dappy is very funny too
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
    Good thing it was Ollie and not Luisa. We'd need another "Sexist Bastid" thread, with Linda claiming "He said I should make him dinner!"
  • klawklaw Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he's not what people expected, he's been a hate figure for so long that many people are happy to see he seems to have changed.Also those out to make him snap have handed him victory as he's shown, to many people, the patience of a saint and restraint beyond most of us when dealing with them. Also all the others are rubbish, boring or repulsive.

Hope that helps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good thing it was Ollie and not Luisa. We'd need another "Sexist Bastid" thread, with Linda claiming "He said I should make him dinner!"

You know, if this wasn't true, it would be funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, that made me laugh.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To which Linda would reply 'that's Jim for you' LOL!

;-):)
  • bluegroperbluegroper Posts: 11,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am from Australia and its obvious, Jim represents the baby boomer era where there was no political correct (PC). I am from that era and my mum ironed my fathers shirts as well. Jim is no less racist or a chauvinistic pig as any comic from that era. He has done a lot for charity and has my respect for entertaining the troops. People from the 60's and 70's are generally so sick and tired of PC people.

What an awful person Luisa is who thinks its not her role to do anything for a man except pleasure him at some sex party! She has targeted Jim to piss him off and break him down anyway she can. I really feel sorry she is bringing up a child in this world because she represents a lot what is wrong with parenting today, bring up kids with no respect. She didn't even have respect for an 82 year old Lionel Blair, it is like arguing with your grand father!

And Linda who can't let anything go after 20 years of hatred because Jim had an argument with her husband about missing money from the famous now Frank Carsons dressing room. I feel sorry for her and I do respect the dead and wouldn't of liked the incident brought up. While she also claims she had sex while with her husband and that didn't bother her at all, she said herself she is not a nun. I feel extremely sorry for what a sad case she really is, she should let it go!

So why do people like Jim? Happens all the time in BB anywhere the public support someone that is viciously targeted or bullied. And in Jim's case has a lot of support from baby boomer viewers who do not use twitter but vote. The most nominated by fellow HM's doesn't always go for a good reason!

Thats my view from an Aussie looking at your CBB :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluegroper wrote: »
    I am from Australia and its obvious, Jim represents the baby boomer era where there was no political correct (PC). I am from that era and my mum ironed my fathers shirts as well. Jim is no less racist or a chauvinistic pig as any comic from that era. He has done a lot for charity and has my respect for entertaining the troops. People from the 60's and 70's are generally so sick and tired of PC people.

What an awful person Luisa is who thinks its not her role do anything for a man except pleasure him at some sex party! She has targeted Jim to piss him off and break him down anyway she can. I really feel sorry she is bringing up a child in this world because she represents a lot what is wrong with parenting today, bring up kids with no respect. She didn't even have respect for an 82 year old Lionel Blair, it is like arguing with your grand father!

And Linda who can't let anything go after 20 years of hatred because Jim had an argument with her husband about missing money from the famous now Frank Carsons dressing room. I feel sorry for her and I do respect the dead and wouldn't of liked the incident brought up. While she also claims she had sex while with her husband and that didn't bother her at all, she said herself she is not a nun. I feel extremely sorry for what a sad case she really is, she should let it go!

So why do people like Jim? Happens all the time in BB anywhere the public support someone that is viciously targeted or bullied. And in Jim's case has a lot of support from baby boomer viewers who do not use twitter but vote. The most nominated by fellow HM's doesn'at always go for a good reason!

Thanks Blue, wonderful post.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What an awful person Luisa is who thinks its not her role to do anything for a man except pleasure him at some sex party! She has targeted Jim to piss him off and break him down anyway she can. I really feel sorry she is bringing up a child in this world because she represents a lot what is wrong with parenting today, bring up kids with no respect. She didn't even have respect for an 82 year old Lionel Blair, it is like arguing with your grand father!

So why do people like Jim? Happens all the time in BB anywhere the public support someone that is viciously targeted or bullied. And in Jim's case has a lot of support from baby boomer viewers who do not use twitter but vote. The most nominated by fellow HM's doesn't always go for a good reason!

Well said!!!

<<<<waves to you in Australia :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Underdog.

A powerful force that can apply to absolutely anyone, it seems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never been a fan on jim davidson the comedian, but after watching this show & seeing how he is, he seems ok... & has been putting up with a lot of stick from linda whose only experience i have seen of her is to get every housemate against jim! no matter what the man says she is on his case... i am sure she has some vendetta against him & wont rest till she has him institionalised.. she is on a mission :o
  • eyespyeyespy Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim's not only popular on here, he's survived many evictions, I think people 'get' him unlike the others in there.
  • Incognito777Incognito777 Posts: 2,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    29bus wrote: »
    Could someone post something funny he's said while he's been in there? I seemed to have missed his funny moments. He does just seem to walk round with his coat on either hiding away or biting his tongue.

There are many, its just not your humour. Look in the quotes of the series thread, most are funny Jim quotes.
    Jim replying to a question, why dont you have sex with Linda "I'd rather put my balls in an egg slicer" lol
  • klawklaw Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flavour wrote: »
    I have never been a fan on jim davidson the comedian, but after watching this show & seeing how he is, he seems ok... & has been putting up with a lot of stick from linda whose only experience i have seen of her is to get every housemate against jim! no matter what the man says she is on his case... i am sure she has some vendetta against him & wont rest till she has him institionalised.. she is on a mission :o

And what would you say to anyone who suggested you have been fooled by his sly, manipulative ways, and are blind to the sexism and passive-agressive game-playing that they can see but you have missed?
  • Incognito777Incognito777 Posts: 2,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's funny when the 2 witches arent making his life a misery.
    He is showing great self control in the face of much provication and goading.
    I admire the way he handles situations. Great one liners. Has shown he is not the person everyone pre judged him to be.
    No one else is really that great. Casey (everyone feel sorry for me), Lee the cringy ladies man, Non existent sam and ollie, Luisa and Linda...I say no more. Dappy and Liz are the only ones that rival Jim.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    Jim is popular everywhere!

It seems that way.
  • **JennaJ****JennaJ** Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member

*This*
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klaw wrote: »
    And what would you say to anyone who suggested you have been fooled by his sly, manipulative ways, and are blind to the sexism and passive-agressive game-playing that they can see but you have missed?

I'd say "Is this about Frank Carson's dressing room?"... then "Oh never mind..."..... "It must be my fault again" and happily wander off away from the 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers-style' screeching.