Fables - The Wolf Ammong Us - from Telltale

Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
Forum Member
Anyone else getting this? Its out this month and I have to say it looks great. I hope it lives up the Walking dead.

It's only £12.70 on GMG at the moment too (10% + 25% off + cashback) instead of the £20 it will be when launched.

Comments

• Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, day 1 buy for me. Episode 1 is released this Friday for Xbox and PC:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/08/the-wolf-among-us-episode-1-release-date-announced?+main+twitter
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Must admit I hadn't heard of this until now but Telltale impressed me so much with The Walking Dead that I'm inclined to give this a try.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Launch trailer has been released for anyone interested, looks great :):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIgx0vPPDtA

PSN release date is the 15th, probably the 16th for Europe.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be getting this later, very strong reviews at the mo, plus I am a big fan of the comics, it'll be great to see how they play out as a game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just downloading it now :D
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Still waiting for telltale to release it! Great games. Terrible delivery of them,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its out on Xbox, would have thought it'd be on the PC now.
    Forum Member
    It's been available on steam for hours. Just not on telltale's own site.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got from steam and I love it looks like another hit, if you liked The Walking Dead you must get this now, and Mr Toad is a brill character :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it too, Going to play though it a again as I missed one of the characters to get the last achievement, plus wouldn't mind seeing if any of the actions change the end result of the episode.
    Could't believe Snow died, she is the second lead character in the comics next to Bigby.
    Forum Member
    Played it through last night and it was brilliant. Completely different feel from TWD.
    Did anyone go and see price Laurence before Mr Toad? I know if you do you can then save Laurence, but what happens with toad?
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested in purchasing this of steam, before I do thought just wanted to check if the game is friendly to people who have not read the comics?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Booty luv wrote: »
    I'm interested in purchasing this of steam, before I do thought just wanted to check if the game is friendly to people who have not read the comics?

Yes, The Walking Dead is one of my favorite games and I don't read comics.
    Forum Member
    Booty luv wrote: »

I've not read the comics (never even heard of them until them game) and i followed the plot no problem. Plus its a prequel so knowledge of the comics is totally not required.
    Forum Member
    How long would you guys say episode 1 is? I might just wait until all the episodes are out and then play through them all as I did with The Walking Dead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    How long would you guys say episode 1 is? I might just wait until all the episodes are out and then play through them all as I did with The Walking Dead.

That's what I'm going to do well for the remaining Episdoes, Episode 1 is about an hour.
    Forum Member
    That's what I'm going to do well for the remaining Episdoes, Episode 1 is about an hour.

It definitely took me longer than an hour, but it felt a bit shorter than a WD episode. I'd say about it would take 1.5 - 2 hours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    It definitely took me longer than an hour, but it felt a bit shorter than a WD episode. I'd say about it would take 1.5 - 2 hours.

You're probably right as I played in 3 sessions because I was worried to finish it to quickly, and forgot how long I played :)
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looked at this game earlier and it's a shame u have to get the season pass from Steam. No option to just download the first episode in case it's not for u.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just played Episode 1 (5 days later than I wanted to, PSN :p), thought it was excellent.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just played through Chapter 1 on the PS3 yesterday, seems excellent so far, looking forward to the next part.

They are doing a season pass for £15.99 on the PS3 and CDkeys were doing a £35 voucher at £28.50 so I couldn't resist getting it :D
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played Episode 1 last night.

Loved it :)

(apart from the technical issues on 360 such as the awful load times and the freezing)
    Forum Member
    Had the evening free last night so gave this a download. I'm glad I did. Classic storytelling and a good narrative. Lacking a bit on the gameplay side but I guess it is only episode 1. I'm sure it's more graphic than TDW too which surprised me. I think now I'll definitely wait for the next 4 to be released and get them all at the end.

Only two criticisms: 1)
    the "death" of Snow White seemed really obvious from the moment she and Bigby showed some sort of chemistry. Like what Telltale did in TDW with Carley.

2) The buggyness of it. Come on Telltale, you've made a pretty penny now. No excuse. The technical issues are holding these games back from 9s and 10s.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'll wait for the Vita version this time, if it uses touch controls it should work pretty well. They do an IOS version so i'm assuming the Vita version will be the same. I just thought moving the cursor around with an analog stick was a bit slow in the Walking Dead, pretty much my only critisism of the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    the "death" of Snow White seemed really obvious from the moment she and Bigby showed some sort of chemistry. Like what Telltale did in TDW with Carley.
    That was the part I liked best and found most surprising about it considering Snow White is one of the main characters in the comic books. Might have seemed obvious for a non-Fables reader but I doubt a single person who has read Fables was expecting that to happen. The death of the girl he saves from the Woodsman was much more obvious I thought.