Emmerdale - Carly Hope theory

narobi83narobi83 Posts: 425
Forum Member
Given the spoilers recently released with her finding Kirin shouting in Johnny's face and the fact it has been hinted she had a baby that died, I now think she may have been with someone that was violent and ended up killing her baby. If this is the route Emmerdale are going down then it's going to be a very dark and emotional plot, it's not something I would expect a soap to tackle but the reality is that this unfortunately does happen.

Comments

• Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be an interesting plot for Carly
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I really hope they don't do anything as dark as that. She'd have to serve time in prison, and I like her too much.

There's enough grisly stuff on ED right now. Maybe she had a miscarriage, or a still birth, or gave up a child for adoption. But I hope it's nothing involving violence.
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I think either Carly or someone she was with was responsible for her babies death. I'm actually glad. I know she's not that popular on here but I do like Carly and think GA is a good enough actress to handle more than the comedy filler she's been given so far. I think the audience needs to see some more layers to the character and this will be a good plot to bring that out.

On a side note. I think ED is on fire at the moment. Back to being my fave soap again.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they don't do anything as dark as that. She'd have to serve time in prison, and I like her too much.

There's enough grisly stuff on ED right now. Maybe she had a miscarriage, or a still birth, or gave up a child for adoption. But I hope it's nothing involving violence.

why would she serve time in prison if her violent boyfriend killed the child?

I don't think that would promote a good image to those sufferering domestic abuse might put them off seeking help and leaving
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her child definitely died. Not sure about it being killed but more like just one of those things that tragically happen sometimes.

I like Carly and am pretty pleased she's getting a story.
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    why would she serve time in prison if her violent boyfriend killed the child?

I don't think that would promote a good image to those sufferering domestic abuse might put them off seeking help and leaving

Oh I totally misread it! Sorry, I thought the person was saying she killed her baby. My mistake.

Still don't really fancy watching another abusive history unfold though. Sadness or loss, yes, but not abuse.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's strange she's always on hand to babysit April and refers to her as family, yet April is only the child of her stepsister who she never even met. Yet Cathy and Heath who are her real family - her half-brother and half-sister she's never shown looking after them. Has she ever even been onscreen with them?
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I totally misread it! Sorry, I thought the person was saying she killed her baby. My mistake.

Still don't really fancy watching another abusive history unfold though. Sadness or loss, yes, but not abuse.

thought you were being a bit harsh :D

I think with all the mentions of Daniel recently as part of Laurels storyline they will either link Carly into that and do sadness and loss or they will have to go down a darker route if they want to keep it seperate
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenny Bradley in Coronation street, had a child who died accidentally; I think it was her negligence. We shouldn't have a copy of that in Emmerdale. Perhaps a story where Carly was in a difficult situation and chose an abortion, which she regrets; or a stillborn baby. As Dr. K. Noisewater pointed out, Carly's devotion to April, who is not a blood relation, suggests something along these lines. The actress playing Carly could play this role well.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange she's always on hand to babysit April and refers to her as family, yet April is only the child of her stepsister who she never even met. Yet Cathy and Heath who are her real family - her half-brother and half-sister she's never shown looking after them. Has she ever even been onscreen with them?
    True, but it's not her fault that the writers appear to have forgotten the poor twins' existence too. Hell, Bob never appears to see them, let alone Carly. :D
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    thought you were being a bit harsh :D

I think with all the mentions of Daniel recently as part of Laurels storyline they will either link Carly into that and do sadness and loss or they will have to go down a darker route if they want to keep it seperate

Thanks for putting me straight!
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    True, but it's not her fault that the writers appear to have forgotten the poor twins' existence too. Hell, Bob never appears to see them, let alone Carly. :D

Cathy and Heath never appear with anyone, do they - it's so strange. Unless they're there, but invisible.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

Exactly. More to do with the writers just ignoring them all together rather than forgetting the family connection.

I guess that even though they only met a couple of times (Carly and Donna did meet, Bob and Vivs wedding to name one times), Bob thinks of Donna and April as family so Carly has adopted the Sam attitude. Polus she just genuinely likes the sprog and has done from first meeting.

I think that her baby has died, possible from natural causes (hence her nbot facing charges) but she still blames herself or wonders if it could have been prevented if shekd been more vigilent.