• spotify95spotify95 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    fkinhell wrote: »
    1) Bruno Mars, When I was your man
    2) Bruno Mars, When I was your man
    3) Bruno Mars, Treasure
    4) Bruno Mars, Treasure
    5) Katie Melua's current whining
    6) Anything released by Olly Murs, they all sound the same (whingey)
    7) Capital Cities, Safe and Sound

9) One Direction, Best Song Ever
    10) Whatever Conor Maynard's current chart noise is called.

And a few can be funny

That's the one! That dreary flowers song!

I like Treasure actually, and I LOVE Best Song Ever :)

Having said that I love whatever One Direction have released. :)
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eat Sleep Rave Repeat. I have no idea why anyone would listen to this while they are not at a rave...
  • Melody_Pond1Melody_Pond1 Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    James Arthur - Nobody till somebody loves you
    James Blunt - Bonfire heart

Will think of more later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Nobody's nominated it, and I guess it can't be regarded among the 'worst' as it was so popular, but I really grew to despise 'Get Lucky'. I got sick of it being used as incidental music in every other tv show, and how middle-aged journalists kept name dropping it into articles (particularly in the Sunday Times) to try and prove how hip they still were.

It sounded exactly the same as every Chic/Sister Sledge/Anonymous Disco Act record from the 70s apart from the modern day 'attitude' from Pharrell Wotshisface... derivative, unimaginative, boring, UGGGGHHHH! :mad:

That feels better. :)
  • Melody_Pond1Melody_Pond1 Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Nobody's nominated it, and I guess it can't be regarded among the 'worst' as it was so popular, but I really grew to despise 'Get Lucky'. I got sick of it being used as incidental music in every other tv show, and how middle-aged journalists kept name dropping it into articles (particularly in the Sunday Times) to try and prove how hip they still were.

It sounded exactly the same as every Chic/Sister Sledge/Anonymous Disco Act record from the 70s apart from the modern day 'attitude' from Pharrell Wotshisface... derivative, unimaginative, boring, UGGGGHHHH! :mad:

I think Get Lucky is one of the best songs of the year. :)

"We're up all night to get lucky..." :D

Anyway, the worst?
    1) Breach - Jack
    2) James Arthur - Nobody til Somebody Loves You
    3) James Blunt - Bonfire Heart
    4) Eminem ft Rihanna - Monster
    5)Bruno Mars - that weird flowers song (don't know what it;s called but should just be renamed to "when I should have bought you flowers")

Add more later.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,267
    Forum Member

That was kind of the point. Duh.
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Jennifer Lopez - Live It Up better feature in this list. The worst song I've heard this year I think.
    I love that single! Good fun pop trash!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    That was kind of the point. Duh.

Yes, but some people - well, the Sunday Times, basically - were hyping it up as if it was something revolutionary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines
    2) Breach - Jack
    3) Anything One Direction
    4) Katy Perry - Roar
    5) Rihanna - Diamonds. I know that song isn't this year but it's still been overplayed to death everywhere, does my head in.
    6) That Eat Sleep Rave Repeat
    7) That Pitbull Song Feel This Moment, Hate it.
    8) Avicii - Wake Me Up (Love the lyrics, but the cheesy EDM tune to it bakes my head)
    9) Talk Dirty - Jason Derulo Feat. 2 Chainz
    10) Connor Maynard - R U Crazy
    11) Tinie Tempah - Children Of The Sun
    12) James Arthur - You're Nobody Till Someone Loves You
    13) Jessie Js New Album
    14) Ollie Murs - Dear Darlin

There has been some really good music this year though to and I'm not a total music snob, just all these I've mentioned really are awful.
    Katy Perry's song wouldn't be so bad if it was sing by someone else but her voice goes through me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #10 Maroon 5 - Daylight

#9 Lady Gaga - Applause

#8 The Saturdays - Gentleman

#7 Rebecca Ferguson - I Hope

#6 Britney Spears - Work

#5 One Direction - One Way Or Another

#4 JLS - Billion Lights

#3 Conor Maynard - R U Crazy

#2 Harlem Shake

#1 The Wanted - Walks Like Rihanna
  • General BounceGeneral Bounce Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Worst songs of 2013 for me:

1. Bastille - Of The Night.... possibly the most appalling cover version ever

2. Naughty Boy - La La La.... who buys childish toss like this? Annoying as hell and inexplicably hammered on Capital / Radio 1

3. Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines.... too bland to even hate

4. Avicii - Wake Me Up.... country + house beats: didn't Rednex do that first with Cotton Eye Joe? And the chorus is a lift of Josh Groban - Raise Me Up as well

5. Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop.... Wrecking Ball could be a good song if someone talented was to sing it, but this is just BAD

6. David Guetta - Play Hard.... absolute destruction of Alice Deejay's Eurodance guilty pleasure

7. Will I Am - Let's Go.... it's bad to start with but the fact he blatantly stole Mat Zo & Arty "Rebound" without credit, admitted doing so and still tried to defend his actions made it even more scandalous

8. The Wanted - Walks Like Rihanna.... do New Kids On The Block write their songs? They're all of the same dire standard

9. Passenger - Let Her Go.... great song absolutely destroyed by dreadful vocal performance

10. One Direction - Best Song Ever.... no it's not
  • General BounceGeneral Bounce Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Lexii-Mae wrote: »
    2) Breach - Jack

This is normally the sort of tune I hate, but I found myself liking it, mainly cos its so lame its actually good :D

I was at a rave in Coalville a while back and someone played a hardstyle remix of it which was strangely enjoyable - listen to it in that sort of blatant "kick-bass-kick" style and it somehow works.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wanted - She walks like Rihanna
    Jessie J - Wild
    Miley Cyrus - We can't stop, Wrecking ball
    Katy Perry - Unconditionally
    Anything by Taylor Swift
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Wrecking Ball
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised that Harlem Shake*, The Fox** or Gentleman*** aren't on anybody's list.

* - The sh!tty "music" from a lame meme.
    ** - What the hell was *that* supposed to be.
    *** - Psy's failed attempt to prevent people remembering him as a one-hit wonder.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. 'Roar' by Katy Perry (she can't even hold a tune, let alone roar one).
    2. 'Unconditionally' by Katy Perry (flat and the chorus sounds awkward and strained)
    3. X Factor winner's single, 'Skyscraper' (why make a bad song worse?)
    4. 'Wake Me Up' - Avicii (I like most of his stuff, just not this one)
    5. 'Work Bitch' by Britney Spears (please Retire, Bitch)
    6. 'Come & Get It' by Selena Gomez (nobody wants it, child)
    7. 'Can't Hold Us' by Macklemore (most overplayed, overrated thing ever).
    8. 'We Can't Stop' by Miley Cyrus (but please do try)
    9. 'Holy Grail' by Jay-Z (just lifeless)
    10. 'Gentleman' by The Saturdays (and they expect to crack America with this s***?).
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst song of the year is easily "Hard Out Here" by Lily Allen.
    It is worst type of lazy parody song you can get. The fact she even sings in the song that she is being sarcastic is LOL cringe:o
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harlem Shake-Baaur -hands down winner.
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Harlem Shake (Baauer) - It KILLS me that this hit number 1 in the US
    2) The Fox (What Does the Fox Say) (Ylvis) - Everytime I hear this song, I wanna go and slaughter foxes
    3) Gentleman (Psy) - He never should have been big ANYWHERE. In the US, it was only because of Maroon 5's "One More Night" that he didn't hit number 1.
    4) Say Something (A Great Big World featuring Christina Aguilera) - Too depressing for words.
    5) White Walls (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Hollis & Schoolboy Q) - The lyrics suck
    6) Stay the Night (Zedd featuring Hayley Williams of Paramore) - I can't stand the beat
    7) It Won't Stop (Sevyn Streeter featuring Chris Brown) - Well figure out a way to get it to
    8) Marry Me (Jason Derulo) - Makes me want to shove rusty nails in my ears
    9) Best Song Ever (OneDirection) - No its not
    10) Love Somebody (Maroon 5) - I don't love this song
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two questions:

1) Why did you start in September when some of this years songs weren't even released?

2) Why did you drag it out over a month? Do you really think people were sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to find out your next opinion?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I'm surprised that Harlem Shake*, The Fox** or Gentleman*** aren't on anybody's list.

* - The sh!tty "music" from a lame meme.
    ** - What the hell was *that* supposed to be.
    *** - Psy's failed attempt to prevent people remembering him as a one-hit wonder.

* The Harlem Shake was released in mid 2012
    ** The Fox is just a novelty song from two brothers.
    *** Nobody really cares about Psy anymore.