Are the new shaped Daleks gone for good?

2»

Comments

• andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    I like the second pic comparing old and new in this link:

http://www.deathbymovies.com/2012/11/19/the-first-appearance-of-the-daleks/

Bit of a sanctimonious American prat don't you think.
  • TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Bit of a sanctimonious American prat don't you think.

A complete an utter prick, TBH.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    I like the second pic comparing old and new in this link:

http://www.deathbymovies.com/2012/11/19/the-first-appearance-of-the-daleks/

Yeah - nice pic, but what a monumentally stupid article. The writer's a total arse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    TRT1968 wrote: »
    A complete an utter prick, TBH.

Meh, stupid really. It was never about what the Daleks looked like that scared me as a kid. It was that voice more than anything, but also the fact they just hate everything that's not dalek and just want to kill and conquer with no remorse.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Yeah - nice pic, but what a monumentally stupid article. The writer's a total arse.

lol, I was just thinking to myself, I'm not American, but I have been called a pr*ck before :D

tbh I never read the article, I googled dalek, clicked on images in the results, found this photo which looked good and thn eposted the link to the "referring" page of the image so it was in context - yes I'm weird like that.

Apparently they are watching the entire Doctor Who back catalogue though according to the site, and his name is Steve, hmm makes me think ......
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Second/third/fourth the notion that the writer of that article is a moron.

But more on topic, I quite like the idea of exploring each of the New Paradigm Daleks over time, and I think it's a terrific way of giving the Daleks more character, without undermining their faceless, army-like nature. It would also allow the Daleks to crop up in stories that aren't always about end-of-the-world, universal-scale armageddon. Give us a Dalek story every year or two which is a bit smaller-scale, and then give them the big finales much less often.

I'm quite fond of the White Supreme Dalek, and so long as the hump at the back is kept out of shot I think it's quite menacing. I just wish they'd make sure the Daleks keep the same tone of voice, rather than changing them - in Victory of the Daleks the Supreme Dalek had a noticeably deeper voice than the others and it was one of those small things that adds some fantastic character to them. But in The Pandorica Opens and Asylum of the Daleks that voice was gone and it was just standardised.
  • thatjonesboythatjonesboy Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    joffys wrote: »
    We've always been told the Daleks are the ultimate evil and they go around conquering the galaxy but I’d really like to see what they get up to day to day. I’d love to see the Daleks invading worlds and enslaving races, you know all the bad stuff we always get told they do.

We only get to see glimpses of their evil plans or hear of the them in passing but as far as I can see every time we see the Daleks on screen they’re getting their arse kicked by a skinny guy with a sonic screw driver far too easily. For once how about an episode where the focus is on them and their plans, their hierarchy and issues. Let’s actually see them winning for once without the Doctor coming to save the day. It’s never been done before and I think it would work.

If you havent already done so, read some of the newer novels or audiobooks that feature the Daleks, the last one i read the back end of last year was "the dalek generation" which was with Matt Smith's doctor. a very poignant, action packed well thought out story.