Options

Is it weird to keep photos of ex-partners?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mate. Seriously. You don't. You're on the internet so obviously there's no need. Even if you went to http://www.uglyfatoldslappers.com you would be doing a bit better believe.
    I doubt there would be any lino Peckham posers on there. I take it she put the weight on after they split?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    MMXDave wrote: »
    Would you feel uncomfortable if you discovered your current partner had a few photo albums containing pictures of past boyfriends/girlfriends?

My current girlfriend noticed I had a few folders on my computer of holidays and days out I'd had with my ex. She is firmly of the opinion that once you break up with someone you should remove all reminders of them, including any gifts bought for you and any photos. Is this unreasonable or understandable?

Personally, if I'd found out she had photos of her ex, I wouldn't mind too much. It's part of her history and that won't change whether the photos exist or not. I might have an objection to photos being on display, but tucked away in an album would be fine.

Obviously I don't mind having a clear out as my current relationship is far more important than a few pictures I look at once in a blue moon. But what are your thoughts?

she sounds very insecure
  • Options
    MonkeylalalaMonkeylalala Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt there would be any lino Peckham posers on there. I take it she put the weight on after they split?

Nah, she was always chunky.
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, she was always chunky.
    So she was thinking that he liked it before so might like it again? Nowt wrong with her thinking. In fact the lino in the shots was a bit of a genius touch but obviously wasted as he was smitten with you.

I'd still like to see them. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see why it really matters, as long as you're not flaunting them or somthing.

I've got Valentines and stuff from my ex, I've seen photos of my boyfriend with his ex (she looks fatter than me so I'm not that fussed, his other ex I met while he was still with her. She's short and plain... end of!) ;)
  • Options
    ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's about memories. Just because someone has photos of an ex doesn't mean they wish they were still going out with them.

Keep them OP, when your in your 40s and looking back at them you'll be glad you kept them.
    I totally agree.
    I've still got all photos I ever had with exes. Especially holiday photos. They are good memories of happy times in the past. I like looking at them.
    Just because you like to remember these things it doesn't mean you still want that partner back.

Everything you have done and everything that has happened to you in the past - including the partners you have had - has led to you being the person you are today and in the situation you are today.
    These memories of past people and events should be treasured, not thrown away.
  • Options
    Non-EntityNon-Entity Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I find this a tad strange. You wouldn't want him to keep things from his ex so you assume he wouldn't like you to.

Has this been a conversation that you've had or are you assuming?

We spoke about it.

He asked when we moved in together if I didn't bring anything from my past relationships into the house as he had none from his, I thought it was a reasonable request - I think I probably still have bits and pieces from boyfriends as a teenager lurking around in my parents attic (unless he threw my boxes of crap away), but it's not things I would save from a flash flood or anything as I hate cluttering up my place with shit I don't need or use.