Does anyone else wish Linda Carter would lamp Shirley?

Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
Forum Member
✭✭
The way she speaks to her is abominable:o

Not that Shirley speaks to anyone with any sort of respect but she reserves a special kind of venom for Linda. Everything Linda says about Shirley is true and she can't take it.

Comments

• lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean but I'd much prefer Linda to lamp her pathetic husband who has both his sister's on pedestals but Shirley's is higher than Nelson's Column! I don't know how the hell she puts up with it. I'd have lamped HIM by now!
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, Lotty.

Mick needs to stand up for his wife. Shirley and Tina flit in and out of his life but Linda has been with him throughout the good and bad. Shirley and Tina drag Mick down.
  • Stacey_SlaterStacey_Slater Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    No, Shirley should lamp Linda
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just what I was going to say!:D
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree with Stacey and Sylvia I want Shirley to lamp Linda! :D I can't wait to see the look on Linda's face when she realises Shirley is her mother-in-law :D
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Linda would give her a kicking with hobnail boots
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Yes I agree with Stacey and Sylvia I want Shirley to lamp Linda! :D I can't wait to see the look on Linda's face when she realises Shirley is her mother-in-law :D

This ^. Linda usually provokes Shirley to be fair!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no, I wish Shirley would lamp Linda
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is the justification for Shirley to behave like this towards Linda (or anyone for that matter)?

In the real world someone would have beaten the shit out of Shirley long ago for the way she verbally abuses people.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mentioned this a while ago - the way both Tina and Shirley speak to Linda is disgusting. Particularly when you consider Linda allows Shirley to live under her roof rent-free, simply because Shirley is lazy and feckless to support herself. Mick needs to tell his scumbag sisters where to go.

The way Shirley emotionally blackmailed her way into a share of the business Mick and Linda have worked and saved for was also utterly disgraceful. I cannot believe they are portraying this character in a sympathetic light. Shirley is SCUM >:(
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    These two have the makings of a great double act.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    These two have the makings of a great double act.

I think they are brilliant together when they are getting along! I'd like to see more of this!
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    I mentioned this a while ago - the way both Tina and Shirley speak to Linda is disgusting. Particularly when you consider Linda allows Shirley to live under her roof rent-free, simply because Shirley is lazy and feckless to support herself. Mick needs to tell his scumbag sisters where to go.

The way Shirley emotionally blackmailed her way into a share of the business Mick and Linda have worked and saved for was also utterly disgraceful. I cannot believe they are portraying this character in a sympathetic light. Shirley is SCUM >:(

Quoted for truth.

I wish that spineless Mick-the-wimp would stand up on behalf of the woman he married and claims to love for a change, and kick both his feckless, workshy, dishonest sisters into the kerb.

It is amazing (and quite unrealistic) how easily Mick forgave Shirley for trying to MURDER him when he was a baby. He should have shown her the door immediatley.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    no, I wish Shirley would lamp Linda

Why?

Shirley is not the one who has had her livelihood stolen away from her, and had to put up with the name of said sister go over the pub door as landlady. This is a sister who burned down their home and business - presumably while drunk and freeloading. A sister who then turned up out of the blue years later to scrounge money and departed after robbing the raffle money from the charity box.

Linda actually works hard - Shirley seems to spend all of her life snarling at the customers while sitting on a bar stool and drinking all the profits.

It amazes me that people actually defend such a disgusting character as Shirley. She steals from her own son soon - such a wonderful role model and mother.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I'd advocate Linda getting away with murder if it meant getting rid of gutter trash Shirl for good.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd advocate a full on cat-fight with the inevitable interruption from Mick and Deano.
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither Shirley or Linda can stand Stan.

Maybe they can bond over this mutual dislike
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I totally agree :D