So who won't be doing anything on NYE?

Comments

• TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, time to fake a dose of the shits so I don't have to go out.
  • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather stay in but a friend is staying and wants to go somewhere. I've agreed so long as it's quiet.
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    I'm staying in tonight. Just another day really.
    I have some beers in the fridge that I was meant to have at xmas and didn't, so I might have a couple and watch the fireworks.
    The rest of tonight's TV is major crapo.

Roll on 2015 when I will be doing exactly the same as I did this year. (Subject to a major euromillions win!)
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I'm too auld to be paying silly money in pubs and taxis, queuing for toilets and standing about in the cold at Edinburgh's street party. Great fun when you're young but I CBA with that now.

Just me here, the kids will be up but my lovely plans of music, board games and a buffet will no doubt result in an Aspie meltdown, the game getting booted half way across the room and the dug eating the grub...ending up with the kids gaming and me on DS. :D

I have wine and gin. :)
  • mooblymoobly Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Me. I was having a gathering (small, but a good few heads) and every f**ker has bailed on me. Well, all except one, but we've just had a chat and it's not worth the 2 hr train journey for him now.........

Megapeeved.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We were meant to have a three-day NYE celebration, but the visitors couldn't make it. They missed their flight before they could check in, heh.

So it's just us tonight. Our first in years. Yay! Husband and older two kids are especially happy. Husband can slob in front of TV and play a video game (which he's doing now). The kids can go to their friends' NYE parties. I get to do as I please, too.

What's really made me happy? NO NYE CLEANING AND COOKING! :D

It does feel weird not doing anything, though. Husband just doesn't want to go out, so I'm fine with refusing invitations from local relatives and staying in. He deserves a good rest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I will be spending my time with family.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be at home feet up in front of the tv
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Staying in watching the telly. Never liked NY...to many drunks and people trying to kiss you >:(
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    We were meant to have a three-day NYE celebration, but the visitors couldn't make it. They missed their flight before they could check in, heh.

So it's just us tonight. Our first in years. Yay! Husband and older two kids are especially happy.
    I always thought you were a man :p!!
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spending the evening with my 17 yr old grandson, having an Indian meal delivered, we do it every year :D

One daughter has just txt, she is going to Signor Sassi restaurant, London, have to say am a bit envious.

ETA, second thoughts, I'm not, grandson is the better option, we have a laugh :)

plus thread title, Not doing anything :blush:
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Used to enjoy New Years Eve when I was younger when I could deal with a hangover and go into work the following day.

Now it's just a regular night apart from doing a small buffet for kids and my husband runs through the door from work at 11.50 pm just in time to see in new year together.
  • a_c_g_ta_c_g_t Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's None event here too. Just happy I don't have to get up for work tomorrow.

I'll prob get a pizza to bung in the oven then fall asleep well before the clock ticks over to another day.
  • a_c_g_ta_c_g_t Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having an Indian meal delivered, we do it every year :D

Sounds actually like an eminently nice idea. Just they don't deliver out in my neck of the woods so would have to drive in to town :(
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Leeah wrote: »
    Absoluley nada, i dont care what society thinks of us who stay in. Better than being surrounded by drunken sweaty retards. Will spend the evening chilling with family, will watch the display on BBC1 as usual and watch some of the fireworks outside :)

Society doesn't think anything of you. You guys play the part of some renegade going against society's norms, when in reality you are not doing anything special, no one is judging you and no one bloody cares.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Staying in watching the telly. Never liked NY...to many drunks and people trying to kiss you >:(
    it depends who that person is :D
  • Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was meant to be going to a party but have managed to catch a cold instead so will spending tonight trying to knock it on the head instead.
    Forum Member
    people saying they will be asleep, don't anyone stay up on t'internet all hours ( like me :D)..if nowt on tv i come back on pc till all hours :o
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chihiro94 wrote: »
    knock it on the head

Reading that, I've just remembered that was a catchphrase on the Steve Wright Show on Radio One in the 80s!:p
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    ..and people trying to kiss you >:(

On the couple of occasions I did actually go out on NYE, I can safely say that this never happened to me :)
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    On the couple of occasions I did actually go out on NYE, I can safely say that this never happened to me :)

Can I just ask sorry, why do you always have to make sure you get in your asexuality when even the vaguest reference of sexual intimacy comes up? I've always found it rather strange tbh. A bit, the lady doth protest too much I think. A more cynical person than me would suggest you are using it as a shield to protect yourself from emotional pain.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normally not though i do always watch Jools Hootenanny. However a neighbour (female, single and much younger ;-)) made an invitation on the Christmas card she sent me that we, "must get together for a drink over Christmas or early in the New Year".

She does have a chap who only appears for a few hours usually on Fridays (never stops overnight), and i don't want to intrude.

Now i'm just dithering over exactly when to go across and ask her in case she is having company this evening and would then feel awkward.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wont, load of sh!te, got nothing to celebrate, like my last 42 poxy years.
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else used to go fancy dress when going out on NYE? We had fun in those days :D
  • rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R82n8 wrote: »
    Nup, Agoraphobic so I have isolated myself from all my friends, my Mum is really, really ill in hospital, my beautiful canine companion has recently been put to sleep, 22 year old cats just gone blind and is on her way out and my Grandma is in respite after breaking her hip three weeks ago!
    On the plus side, I have wine and Zopiclone.

Regardless of my shit................. I sincerely wish you all a happy new year.

Sorry for the buzzkill.

Sorry to hear about that R82n8, hope 2015 treats you and yours a bit better.

I'm cancelling plans tonight to spend a quiet night in for the first time in about five years and I'm actually looking forward to doing just that :o