Options

Laverne & Shirley

LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
Forum Member
✭✭
I was reminded of this show today, its a shame its not shown on the telly again.

Any fans?

Comments

• Options
    Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reminded of this show today, its a shame its not shown on the telly again.

Any fans?

I was. Still am, I suppose. Maybe it will be snapped up by one of our multi channels.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'd be better than endless repeats of the same old shows day in day out. Just add more variety into the repeats.

It was aired on Paramount Comedy if I remember right, but I wonder if those rights remained with the channel when it became Comedy Central?
  • Options
    dont_be_hastydont_be_hasty Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Me, I'm a fan. I remember seeing the show on TV when I was younger, though didn't remember exact details of it. Just remembered the two main girls and the theme song, of course.

I actually watched the first four seasons of it in the last year or so. I managed to find them online. I'm dying to see the rest of it but any DVD's I've seen for sale have been Region 1.

It would be great if one of the TV channels (like Gold) would pick it up and show re-runs of it.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never got into it
    Although the fact that both actresses hated each other's guts is well documented and discussed

and i always found it bizzare they carried it on when Shirley left and it was just Laverne.
  • Options
    gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it when it was out, still one of the best theme tunes ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ZXjY5rTHg