searching for listings.. searching for listings

Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
Forum Member
The box seems to be plagued by "searching for listings" when searching up the guide or flicking through channels whilst tuned to a channel, most infuriating, instead of showing what is on each channel it displays "searching for listings" for a while instead, how do you manage to stop it?

Comments

• RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,946
    Forum Member
    Rebooting the box and allowing the EPG to repopulate itself after doing so would be my first line of attack.
  • giannigianni Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That worked for me for about a week, then had to reboot again.

This has manifested itself since the latest software update: R010.070.87.00P / 973005 on a Samsung box.
  • marshal.beejmarshal.beej Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    gianni wrote: »
    That worked for me for about a week, then had to reboot again.

This has manifested itself since the latest software update: R010.070.87.00P / 973005 on a Samsung box.

Intersting My Samsung was the other away around. Was forever searching for listings in the EPG, it then upgraded to the new software and the problem has gone away
  • Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,788
    Forum Member
    I keep getting this intermittently on my pace box, although I need to reboot it weekly since R10 so dosen't happen so often since the update.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having this problem at the moment. Also looking at the next day listings it takes a while to find programs.
  • mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you turn the Standby Mode to Eco you'll get a reboot every night, providing the box isn't recording anything else or being used.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mjr wrote: »
    If you turn the Standby Mode to Eco you'll get a reboot every night, providing the box isn't recording anything else or being used.

What time does it go off when in eco?
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    What time does it go off when in eco?

3am, unless there is a recording scheduled in which case it will be delayed until after the recording has finished.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    i have noticed recently both my drx 890 boxes have problems with listings that are missing on days 5,6,7 ahead...a planner rebuild fixes this but seems to happen more ofthen lately
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Phoned Sky this morning...we have had this problem with both Sky boxes...apparently the updates had messed up a lot of customers Sky....we were talked through how to reset the boxes....they are fine now..(.touch wood.)....we did not loose anything that was previously recorded either..
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phoned Sky this morning...we have had this problem with both Sky boxes...apparently the updates had messed up a lot of customers Sky....we were talked through how to reset the boxes....they are fine now..(.touch wood.)....we did not loose anything that was previously recorded either..

Probably a planner rebuild then, and the problem will probably come back, if there is a firmware error.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Same here and I was getting picture break ups and brief blue screen this morning on most channels.
  • jthspacejthspace Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    My Sky HD+ box started playing up a few days ago, searching etc. but the planner eventually populated. A couple of days ago, items in the planner to record in the future disappeared from the list and it only showed recordings already made. Also the schedule never refreshed and if you looked at a description and moved down an entry the description never changed.

Last evening, I switched it off, left it a few minutes and turned it on. The Sky logo came up for a few minutes and then switched itself off. I repeated the switch off / wait / switch on and its been OK since then.

Jeff
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    jthspace wrote: »
    My Sky HD+ box started playing up a few days ago, searching etc. but the planner eventually populated. A couple of days ago, items in the planner to record in the future disappeared from the list and it only showed recordings already made. Also the schedule never refreshed and if you looked at a description and moved down an entry the description never changed.

Last evening, I switched it off, left it a few minutes and turned it on. The Sky logo came up for a few minutes and then switched itself off. I repeated the switch off / wait / switch on and its been OK since then.

Jeff

As long as it doesn't put all the recordings on there in jeopardy if you do that I could try that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    .Anne_Kirkby
    what did they tell you to do planner rebuild works fine then few days later back to square one.....
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd put up with this problem for a week until yesterday.

Did a full-on "red light" switchoff and back on again. Problem went away.
  • newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is happening more frequently now. Reboot and rebuild sorts it out but only for a week or so. Getting really annoyed now as keep missing shows on series link.

Are Sky going to do anything about this?
  • giannigianni Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here.

What seems to be happening is that the reboot successfully populates the EPG and listings for the following week but then the box doesn't keep them up to date with rolling refreshes.