Steve McDonald

therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Honest to God...what have the writers done to the guy? He used to be fantastic...a big part of the show..but putting him with the vileeeeee Becky has ruined him for me. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becky is just like Karen so disagree completely he loves high maintenance women and always has done. The pairing has worked wonders knowing that Steve loves women who bite back.
  • therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See...the thing was Karen was ok at times..Becky is absolutely atrocious.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,657
    Forum Member
    I dont mind them so much, but I really hated them and the writers when they turned them into Dave and Denise (Royle Family) with their 'Yeaaaah's'. I hope that doesnt happen again and its more fun to watch them, than Steve and Michelle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    I have never liked Steve, not only is he hard on the eye but he's weak and a cheat! But I have to disagree about this, I think Becky is the perfect match. I actually like her more now being with Steve and I agree she is exactly his type - however, nothing could really make me like Steve more. They kind of a cute couple though. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    I dont mind them so much, but I really hated them and the writers when they turned them into Dave and Denise (Royle Family) with their 'Yeaaaah's'. I hope that doesnt happen again and its more fun to watch them, than Steve and Michelle.

Urrggh, Steve and Michelle, now there was an annoying couple!!! Can't stand either of 'em. :(
  • bel110bel110 Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP, Steve used to be a much grittier character now he's like a comedy buffoon ... all this stuff about 'not understanding women' and running around after Becky is just so repetitive, daft and dull. I quite like his scenes with Liz and actually his scenes with Amy are okay but his scenes with Becky irritate the life out of me.

I loved Steve when he was with Karen, Vicky, Michelle and Tracey. But somehow it just doesn't work for me with Becky. Yes I agree that like the other's she is a strong, feisty woman but their relationship is so pantomime that I just don't buy into it. The affiar and wedding were a fiasco and since then it's just been fight, make up, fight, make up etc ... there's no real depth there ...

It's a shame because Steve is a character with a lot of history on the show and I'd really like to see him with grittier heavier SL's ... not just this ageing lothario who's content to sit around in the cab office and pub and get henpecked by his mum and wife ...
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    I actually like Becky & Steve... but not together! I think its about time Corrie called time on this relationship because I agree, its just not working. I'd really like to see Becky back with the Croppers, I really thought she worked great with them. I still live in hope that Karen will make a come back as she was great with Steve!!