Xbox One finally outsells PS4 in November

Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
Forum Member
✭✭
The Xbox One has finally outsold the PS4 in November. Microsoft discounted the price of the console by $50 in the USA selling 1.2 Million units while Sony decided not to do any price cuts.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/11/7379315/xbox-one-outsells-the-ps4-in-november

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Xbox One has finally outsold the PS4 in November. Microsoft discounted the price of the console by $50 in the USA selling 1.2 Million units while Sony decided not to do any price cuts.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/11/7379315/xbox-one-outsells-the-ps4-in-november

It was gonna happen eventually! ... Hopefully microsoft will fire out a shareplay / Freeview recording firmware update & they'll pretty much have the perfect console! 👍
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    X1s were on deal for Black Friday week all over the place so that would have helped its sales.
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Awesome, for 11 months more people have purchased a PS4, congrats microsoft ;)

I'm only messing, posted the same via a facebook post to reel em in with my fishing rod.

I don't actually care who sells how many, I own both consoles and happy with both
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    Seen it posted elsewhere that it outsold the difference between the 2 was 10,000 units in the US.
    Yuffie wrote: »
    X1s were on deal for Black Friday week all over the place so that would have helped its sales.
    There was also Halo which would have helped. Even if it wasn't a totally new game, Was still Halo.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    It's only took the 11 months and $150 price cut 👏
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    It's only took the 11 months and $150 price cut 👏

If you want some, I'll give it yer

You got not fans
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Seen it posted elsewhere that it outsold the difference between the 2 was 10,000 units in the US.

There was also Halo which would have helped. Even if it wasn't a totally new game, Was still Halo.

Very true and didn't Sunset Overdrive come out last month ? Or at least the end of October so it besides from having another exclusive. And I think it rated high enough.

To sell over a million consoles in a month is a damn good feat.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Folk just bought the PS4 first, now they're snapping up the X1 at a decent price, probably alot of folks intention from the start.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    martytarty wrote: »
    Awesome, for 11 months more people have purchased a PS4, congrats microsoft ;)

I'm only messing, posted the same via a facebook post to reel em in with my fishing rod.

I don't actually care who sells how many, I own both consoles and happy with both

This
    Folk just bought the PS4 first, now they're snapping up the X1 at a decent price, probably alot of folks intention from the start.

and this

Sums up my thoughts pretty well
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I could say I helped contribute towards the November sales but I didn't buy X1 until last friday...
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    It's good for the Xbox fans, many of them probably couldn't afford the price tag but 11 months of waiting and huge price cuts made it ideal for them and good for them, it was the right price at the right time for them.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    It's good for the Xbox fans, many of them probably couldn't afford the price tag but 11 months of waiting and huge price cuts made it ideal for them and good for them, it was the right price at the right time for them.

Yep. On amazon they had loads of black friday deals (probably shifting stock?) so not a surprise. Xbox had the better exclusives as well at the end of the year.

Anyway, only 1 month - PS4 still has the overall lead.

Although I hope it makes Sony buck up their ideas and start releasing UI updates more often etc!!
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil Spencer has done a great job rebuilding the XBox image after the poor reveal. Some of the deals around for Xbox 1 over the last few weeks have been insane so its no surprise its sold this well. If exclusives aren't really priority for someone looking at a new console the Xbox 1 has had some really tempting offers available.

Its nice to see both console performing well and getting healthy sales.
    Bio Max wrote: »
    Although I hope it makes Sony buck up their ideas and start releasing UI updates more often etc!!

Sony got criticised last generation for updating their console too often, the 360 way of large infrequent updates was the preferred approach by the majority of gamers.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »

Sony got criticised last generation for updating their console too often, the 360 way of large infrequent updates was the preferred approach by the majority of gamers.

Indeed - but it's a joke how little the PS4 has been updated - especially when features announced ages ago haven't made it yet - such as the suspend / resume feature.

Xbox one has monthly updates - much better..!
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't deny it's an impressive result for Xbox One, but it must have been painful to get there. Significant price cuts and lots of bundled games must have hammered MS's bottom line.

The question now is whether or not it's sustainable. On one hand they can't keep practically giving the thing away but at the same time if the offers dry up we could see demand drop like a stone.

Time will tell if they have they have conjured up enough momentum to make them a real contender for the next-gen crown.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The PS4 needs some organisation. The UI looks like a cluttered mess now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree not really a fan of the UI so far. I miss the XMB which i thought was a great UI.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen it posted elsewhere that it outsold the difference between the 2 was 10,000 units in the US..

cboat lied, it was closer to 400k.
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I agree not really a fan of the UI so far. I miss the XMB which i thought was a great UI.

Really :o

I disagree, I won't claim it's perfect but it's not a cluttered mess.

If anything I would of said the xbone UI is a cluttered mess in comparison.

This is just my opinion and not to start any fanboy war's, I own both, and having used both I get on pretty well with with the ps4 UI, it's pretty quick and swift, easy to navigate, xbone is the opposite, slow, clunky and not always easy to find my way around for what I'm looking for.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member

Question is does anybody really give a s**t whos sold more consoles than the other.

If someone wants to buy a sony product they will and if they dont they wont. Besides which it doesnt really matter as long as your enjoying what product your using.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martytarty wrote: »
    Really :o

I disagree, I won't claim it's perfect but it's not a cluttered mess.

If anything I would of said the xbone UI is a cluttered mess in comparison.

This is just my opinion and not to start any fanboy war's, I own both, and having used both I get on pretty well with with the ps4 UI, it's pretty quick and swift, easy to navigate, xbone is the opposite, slow, clunky and not always easy to find my way around for what I'm looking for.

I have only had my PS4 a few days so haven't really got used to it yet, but I don't really like the bar of recently played games or the fact you cant folder games up. From what I have seen of it I don't like the Xbox 1 UI either, it just seems to have boxes all over the place.

I liked the simplicity of the XMB.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Question is does anybody really give a s**t whos sold more consoles than the other.

If someone wants to buy a sony product they will and if they dont they wont. Besides which it doesnt really matter as long as your enjoying what product your using.

Of course people care. Just look at the responses to this thread. Competition is a good thing. Since Microsoft have cut prices and its been a success for them perhaps Sony will cut prices too? Especially with Christmas coming up! This is a huge time of year for sales and its vital to get it right. A company can't become lazy or complacent about sales.

Yes ultimately people will enjoy their console but if the games aren't up to much they may look else where.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course people care. Just look at the responses to this thread. Competition is a good thing. Since Microsoft have cut prices and its been a success for them perhaps Sony will cut prices too? Especially with Christmas coming up! This is a huge time of year for sales and its vital to get it right. A company can't become lazy or complacent about sales.

Yes ultimately people will enjoy their console but if the games aren't up to much they may look else where.

Christmas is here my friend, most consoles are wrapped and either under a tree or in a cupboard
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think everybody who owns a console hope their console of choice does well, heck, it's probably the basis for all fanboism :D

I've been an Xboner for the best part of its existence, so naturally this news will give me some sense of satisfaction.

But like I said earlier, this is probably the X1 going though an inevitable phase of catch up as the massive PS4 sales slow or even decline.
  • D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they still about 10 million sales behind the PS4?