Options

Best replacement for Humax 9200?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
Forum Member
Hi there,

I think my 9200 is on it's last legs, the clock frequently doesnt display and so it misses recording,s It has also started losing recordings from it's list altogether.

I had a note from BT about their YouView box, is this a worthy replacement? They are offering it pretty cheap ( £7 a month for a years contract)

Rob

Comments

• Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    The "clock doesn't display" in standby fault is relatively easily rectified (in case you don't know, there is a thread about it here).
  • Options
    TimA-CTimA-C Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    It really is easy to clean the clock board and my 9200t is still going strong over a year later, even if it has been relegated to the kitchen since I upgraded to the excellent HDR Fox T2 last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info, I'm more worried about the drive losing it's recordings. The BT offer to effectively get one of their Youview boxes for £84 seems pretty tempting but just wondered how the device compared.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Is the £7 a month deal available online? I can see it for £5 a month, but that's with £49 activation.

I'm also looking to move from a 9200 to an HD box soon. This YouView box seems less flexible than the other Humax Freeview HD PVR, but on the plus side it has nice integration of catch up services (and is the only one with 4oD I think).

The other PVR (I forget the product name) has some custom firmware which makes the box very flexible (eg you can export recordings). Sounds like that one's better for techies, but it comes with the upfront cost (and is getting a bit old now - I wonder if there's anything newer on the horizon).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I called BT to discuss. They siad they were waving the activation fee if you took their slightly larger package whuch was £7 per month instead of £5. It got you a few extra channels.