• Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd imagine Phil is still doing his share
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    If they're being realistic surely Phil is losing money. He should merge with either Sharon or Ronnie and get some sort of brand/chain going
  • Options
    Belpry_1Belpry_1 Posts: 3,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Joey was ever a manager anyway, he was just a barman.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patrick wants to close it now.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they're being realistic surely Phil is losing money. He should merge with either Sharon or Ronnie and get some sort of brand/chain going

A chain with two of the same bars on the same street?
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon also had to give Phil her shares so the money could go towards her new bar

so Phil is now the sole owner but he never seems to be bothered with the place
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Well, they could get a 24 hour thing going The Albert Bar by Day and The Albert Bar by Night
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil's presumably got staff there, though I have a feeling that the set has been torn down and put into storage.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil must be the only guy in charge of that place but hes never there so R&R must be closed I think producers will end up ditching that place when Sharon's bar opens
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think we will see it again on screen, though it should be referenced at least once in a while for say when the younger characters say they are off clubbing.
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whos running R&R in Eastenders?

Sharon is opening her own bar
    Phil is busy with the arches and having sex with Sharon

So whos actually manageing that club right now as it seems nobody is
    It must be Sharon - she wouldn't be heavily involved in the decorating/renovating of the new bar (surely just overseeing it)? sex with Phil probably doesn't take up too much time either lol
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's so tiny it probably runs itself
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Phil will sell it at some point. It's too small, calling it a nightclub is a joke. To make the show realistic they should show the younger cast occasionally in a proper nightclub. You could make stories around that, ie someone having their drink spiked or meeting a new lover.
  • Options
    laurenlawsonlaurenlawson Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was open the night Sharon got attacked in her bar, did anyone notice there were people queuing outside? :confused:
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denny and Amy are taking the reigns at the club whilst Sharon is lazing around in bed and Phil is too busy telling Shirley how rough he likes it.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a plot hole that could easily be explained
  • Options
    laurenlawsonlaurenlawson Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, I hope they keep the r&r! It's one of the best sets and they need a night club! The bar is pointless and a complete waste of time and money!
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was open the night Sharon got attacked in her bar, did anyone notice there were people queuing outside? :confused:

Ya i see that plus there was bouncers outside R&R working too, but Phil only seemed bothered with The Albert and the bouncers who were working there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that, rather than convert the R&R (which, for a start, already had a bar) Phil let Sharon buy another place only yards away and do a hugely expensive refit. It probably makes far more sense for the production team to use the Booty set for nightclub scenes (better lighting, more space) but they could at least have thought of a reason why Phil would do something so mad, at least without selling R&R first.

Another thing: how insane is it that Phil would bankroll a wine bar that would inevitably draw away a lot of R&R's customers?! A lot was made of the rivalry between the Vic and Albert, but surely it's R&R that will really lose a lot of trade? It's been established that it's open early in the evening, so it's a direct competitor to the Albert, not a strictly late-night place. Perhaps his next move will be giving Jay the money to open a shiny new car repair shop in the next railway arch, and call it 'The Curved Doorways'.
  • Options
    jamauk1jamauk1 Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bringing this thread back from the dead (as DTC likes to do!), what ever became of the R&R, as far as I can tell Phil is the sole owner?

I seem to remember Ronnie mentioning it very briefly a while ago but it didn't get mentioned with the Phil/Sharon divorce and wasn't one of the places destroyed in his rampage, it never seems to get shown (inside or outside) on EE. Is this just one of the many places that conveniently disappear, forgotten from ever existing, the same goes with the snooker hall.
  • Options
    kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamauk1 wrote: »
    Bringing this thread back from the dead (as DTC likes to do!), what ever became of the R&R, as far as I can tell Phil is the sole owner?

I seem to remember Ronnie mentioning it very briefly a while ago but it didn't get mentioned with the Phil/Sharon divorce and wasn't one of the places destroyed in his rampage, it never seems to get shown (inside or outside) on EE. Is this just one of the many places that conveniently disappear, forgotten from ever existing, the same goes with the snooker hall.

and Ronnie's gym! thats never seen anymore either although she did mention it to Jack the other day - cant remember why tho!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady Di runs it with Wellard 2 off screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katt wrote: »
    and Ronnie's gym! thats never seen anymore either although she did mention it to Jack the other day - cant remember why tho!

I'm sure they want to limit the budget for the set, but some variety would be good in this instance. I started watching Eastenders around 96, and there seemed to be so many different locations, it used to be shown quite frequently in the Steve Owen days, and the Sharon/Den era, and had some really great story lines to go with it. I'd have thought a nightclub would be a popular thing around there, which makes it strange it's so rarely mentioned.

The same goes for the snooker hall, whilst I'm not so sure how popular that would be now, it would be good to see it on there, even in passing. I find the layout of the place very confusing - it's almost like the buildings move around in the night! Whilst maps can be found on Google, they're often out of date, it would be better to have a Google street view of it (probably not possible as it's not actual buildings, but maybe something for the future with the new/expanded set.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Di runs it with Wellard 2 off screen.

Don't forget Roly - she came back with Den, but remained off screen.
  • Options
    Tomski12Tomski12 Posts: 15,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We haven't seen it for 2 and a half years now since Roxys hen night. Maybe when the set is rebuilt they'll expand it again and get R&R running it again