Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DR3 - 8
    Killer instinct - 8
    Lococycle - 6
    Crimson Dragon - 7
    Powerstar golf - 8
    Zoo tycoon - 8
    Forza 5 - 9 (dlc and a lack of tracks will have stopped it being a 10)
    Ryse - 6 (Reviewed the day before release says to me xmas turkey)

The hardware - media 9 and games 7 1080p and 60fps please)

Well that's my guesses, roll on friday
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    So, the 2 games I'm most interested in are coming last......

F*****!:mad:
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's annoying and worrying Ryse is the day before the console is released. To me that screams MS are worried about poor review scores so are holding the reviews back as late as they can.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    That's annoying and worrying Ryse is the day before the console is released. To me that screams MS are worried about poor review scores so are holding the reviews back as late as they can.

I don't read it like that, MS seem confident with Ryse, it would be delayed if they were worried. Forza the most likely candidate for highest reviewing launch game is only two days before. This is the IGN review schedule not Microsoft embargo dates, it's a good idea to spread the reviews out over the course of the week rather than all in one day don't you think?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't read it like that, MS seem confident with Ryse, it would be delayed if they were worried. Forza the most likely candidate for highest reviewing launch game is only two days before. This is the IGN review schedule not Microsoft embargo dates, it's a good idea to spread the reviews out over the course of the week rather than all in one day don't you think?
    Actually that's not the case, these are the embargo dates.
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Actually that's not the case, these are the embargo dates.

Yep. It screams that Microsoft don't want people to change their Ryse preorders as they will likely be dispatched already. Sony should've done the same with Knack.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't know the scores yet, though. I don't think you can say staggering = low scores. But you do raise an interesting point about the game being shipped by that point. That includes Forza too as it is 2-day shipping normally in America, overnight can be expensive.

Only way they'd know they'd be low is if they know the game is a pile of dung.

Some place said they completed half of Ryse in 90 minutes.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ryse has been their main launch title besides Forza and Dead Risiing. I don't think they could afford to delay it to be honest, it would be really bad for them.

I hope it's good, but I have to agree with wildphantom! that is seems in my view MS doing damage control and not giving people time to cancel pre-orders.

Again I hope I'm wrong and that it's amazing.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two of my friends played Ryse at Eurogamer (these friends know me but not each other) both said to me it was their biggest disappointment of the show.
    Forum Member
    Some place said they completed half of Ryse in 90 minutes.

They got called out as talking crap aswell

https://twitter.com/bonepylepjyle/status/401117388004786179
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    From people who have played Ryse in one form or another already, Everyone has praised the visuals but opinions on the gameplay have been very varied.
    The most common critisism that I've seen has been a bit too many QTE, Gameplay gets repetitive quickly, Its a bit too easy & you can fly through the chapters pretty quickly (Saw a report yesterday say they were half way through in under 2hrs).

I'd guess reviews for that couple be anywhere from 5-9/10, Average of 7 (Good but not great).

Forza 5 looks stunning, Fewer Cars/Tracks aside its a Forza game so its more than likely going to be good (Especially if the XB1 wheels are good).
    Guessing it gets a Solid 8-9/10. Must buy for XB1 owners who are fans of driving games.

DR3 is think will be similar to Ryse, Opinions will be split. I've also heard some talk about inconsistent frame rates which could hurt it.
    Again reviews anywhere 5-8/10, Average but worth it if your a fan of the series.

Im expecting Killer instinct to disappoint, I've seen a lot of gameplay from it & it looks a bit dull to me.
    Reviews around 5-7 is my guess.

I've already decided to go with a PS4 first (As soon as I can get my hands on one in a store after launch). However I do plan to get an XB1 at som epoint next year. The reviews & initial opinions on games/hardware (As well as yet to be announced titles) will decide when next year I will look to get one.

I'll be keeping a close on eye on all the XB1 news next week as well as the thoughts of all you soon to be XB1 owners the week after ;)
    Forum Member

GTA V also had a review embargo that lifted the day before release.....believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From people who have played Ryse in one form or another already, Everyone has praised the visuals but opinions on the gameplay have been very varied.
    The most common critisism that I've seen has been a bit too many QTE, Gameplay gets repetitive quickly, Its a bit too easy & you can fly through the chapters pretty quickly (Saw a report yesterday say they were half way through in under 2hrs).

I'd guess reviews for that couple be anywhere from 5-9/10, Average of 7 (Good but not great).

Forza 5 looks stunning, Fewer Cars/Tracks aside its a Forza game so its more than likely going to be good (Especially if the XB1 wheels are good).
    Guessing it gets a Solid 8-9/10. Must buy for XB1 owners who are fans of driving games.

DR3 is think will be similar to Ryse, Opinions will be split. I've also heard some talk about inconsistent frame rates which could hurt it.
    Again reviews anywhere 5-8/10, Average but worth it if your a fan of the series.

Im expecting Killer instinct to disappoint, I've seen a lot of gameplay from it & it looks a bit dull to me.
    Reviews around 5-7 is my guess.

I've already decided to go with a PS4 first (As soon as I can get my hands on one in a store after launch). However I do plan to get an XB1 at som epoint next year. The reviews & initial opinions on games/hardware (As well as yet to be announced titles) will decide when next year I will look to get one.

I'll be keeping a close on eye on all the XB1 news next week as well as the thoughts of all you soon to be XB1 owners the week after ;)
    I think Forza reviews will be around the 7 mark. I think they'll say it looks good but not the leap they're expecting, but will appreciate the new features like Drivatar.

I think Ryse reviews will be around 6 and they'll say whilst it looks good the gameplay is not there and lacks a convincing story and character appeal.

I think DR3 will be 5/6 and they'll moan about the visual quality and performance. You say you've heard talk, well it isn't just talk, it is evidential! 20-30 most of the time, and dips to as low as 10! People might jump in and go yeah but loads of zombies, but it even dips to 20 when there are no or very little zombies present.

I think Killer Instinct will be 8, boosted by nostalgia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I think Forza reviews will be around the 7 mark. I think they'll say it looks good but not the leap they're expecting, but will appreciate the new features like Drivatar.

I think Ryse reviews will be around 6 and they'll say whilst it looks good the gameplay is not there and lacks a convincing story and character appeal.

I think DR3 will be 5/6 and they'll moan about the visual quality and performance. You say you've heard talk, well it isn't just talk, it is evidential! 20-30 most of the time, and dips to as low as 10! People might jump in and go yeah but loads of zombies, but it even dips to 20 when there are no or very little zombies present.

I think Killer Instinct will be 8, boosted by nostalgia.

And when your predictions about Forza and Dead Rising fail to come true, I will look back on this post and say, "yep, Chopoff's a Sony zealot."
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the Forza review :)
    Forum Member
    Ryse has been their main launch title besides Forza and Dead Risiing. I don't think they could afford to delay it to be honest, it would be really bad for them.

I hope it's good, but I have to agree with wildphantom! that is seems in my view MS doing damage control and not giving people time to cancel pre-orders.

Again I hope I'm wrong and that it's amazing.

True it would but they had enough games to delay it had they wanted imo and especially in light of the poor reception too. I think it's also wise to spread the reviews out to give us something new to look forward to each day rather than all at once. If anyone is worrying just don't preorder it, it will be available to buy in the shops (or from the marketplace) on release day if you change your mind (and Day 1 edition is exclusive to Game too).
    Forum Member
    I have faith in Ryse, while I'm not expecting something amazing I think it's going to be good. I know it's a new IP and so people might be unsure but Crytek generally make good games and there's obviously no doubts about it's graphics. There's just something about it I've always liked the look of, it's pretty original in it's concept really, the whole QTE thing has been blown way out of proportion.

In terms of the others game I don't even care for the reviews as I pretty much know what I'm getting, certainly in the case of Forza, Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct, I already know enough for a review to have no effect on my decision to purchase. Even with DR3 it's clear what we're getting, if you're a fan of the series I'd say it's a must buy but it's always had a bit of a cult following since the games are not casual friendly, I've always found them tough to play which is why I'll be picking it up later.

So that's four unique launch games for me (maybe five if I go for Zoo Tycoon) and not a single gun to be found in any one of them, that's a bright start to the generation.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See, I think DR3 could be the surprise with bad reviews. There are frame rate issues. A lot of them. In one of the Digital Foundry videos, the frame rate drops to 10 and there is noticeable lag. What is actually weird is that you find that the game handles pretty well when there are thousands of zombies in the street - the issues occur when you're in buildings away from the zombies. When the framerate drops to 10, it's just a simple door exploding. The graphics don't look spectacular or anything..

With Ryse, it depends, I'd say. IGN, GameSpot etc have all said in videos that it looked like the dud of the game lineup, YET every single one of them has sad that once they've played it at press events, it all "made sense" and they enjoyed it. A reviewer from GameTrailers (I believe?) even said that it was the title he was least looking forward to, but after playing it that he can't wait and it's now the one he's most looking forward to playing... It all depends on which reviewer reviews it, I think.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Forza looks amazing. Both Forza 3 and 4 were 100% more enjoyable than Gran Turismo for me.

Reckon it will be the highlight of the Xbox One release.
    Forum Member
    I can't see Fighter Within on this list.

Although i expect it to review poorly i think its a game i could have a good laugh with when playing with my 10 year old son or when iv'e had a few beers and want to kick the crap out of the wife.:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05YW38DIW1k
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think that MS / game devs are holding back on info about this game so that it is so some extent their "trojan horse" in the Xbox launch arsenal.

Details about the game are vague and hidden behind embargos.

All I know so far is that the game is "kinda on rails" and may involve "gods"in some way.

What if this was MS's version of God of War?

Maybe the reason for holding back in info is so that its a surprise as well as not to be tainted as being a GOW rip off?

This isnt a game that I am buying on day of release but not because it doesnt look good but there is so much other stuff available (as well as getting a PS4 the week after) that my bank accound simply couldnt afford another game.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really outstanding reviews so far. Not that great of a start.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »

What was you expecting? I thought they were excellent launch reviews. DR3 doing a lot better than i expected. Everything apart from the odd 1 or 2 scored anything from 6-9.
    Forum Member
    What if this was MS's version of God of War?

Then I wouldn't be particularly impressed, but if you mean in terms of popularity then yeah, I hope so. The more I see of the game the more I realise how it's been lavished with extremely high production values, more so than maybe any other game within X1 launch line up. It's not just about gfx, so much care has been taken on the combat and storyline too.

Reviews are going as I expected thus far, Dead Rising 3 seems to be scoring 7/8 out of 10, Edge made mention of a day 1 patch that alleviates the fps issues and offers a consistent 30fps update. Looks fun though.

Crimson Dragon been seeing average scores, complaints of high difficulty and difficult camera angles/controls is another thing I saw coming since the game now offers dual stick control over your dragon allowing more complex maneuvers. Obviously another niche title, allegedly requires a lot of grind work to level up but high level play is pretty much a requirement. That's fine, I think if even Star Fox 64 was reskinned/renamed and released today it would score quite low due to it's simplistic gameplay, yet it's a game I've poured more time into than I care to mention. CD makes use of the cloud for AI controlled wingmen too.

Killer Instinct looking very good, especially given it's sparse content, by the time we get into Season 2 along with story-mode it will be one of the better fighting games around imo.

Lococycle is pure fail, horrible looking game. Powerstar Golf is looking nice if you're into that sort of thing, rivals mode also uses cloud based AI profiles in a similar way to FM5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Reviews are pointless.

I don't know why anyone reads them. Unless the reviewer is someone you know has the same interest in games as you do they serve little purpose.

Most of the time some publications will rate low, some publications will rate high and some will rate mid-range. Rarely is there any consensus.

Neither is there ever consistency in just single publications, marking things down for reasons x, y and z but ignoring those same issues in other titles - mainly because different people review different games.