2013 BDO Darts Thread

Comments

• Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I checked the Sky EPG and the BBC sport website to find out about LIVE coverage of the 1st session today which starts at 1pm but its not on ANY channel (BBC, ESPN ESPN Classic/America) and I am sure it would have said somewhere if its gonna be streamed live on the Internet or on the BBC red button but it doesnt, so it looks like we have wait til 2.30pm on BBC 1. :mad:

Btw, if the BBC are scaling back Red button coverage of sport how come they can afford to show NFL live every Monday nigh ( with 2 of its own presenters for some games) for 16 weeks from last September and not have the darts on red button at 1pm today?
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC has signed up to keep the BDO Worlds until 2016

http://www.bdodarts.com/newsitem.aspx?nid=1981

No mention of ESPN? I wonder. The most likely thing is the BBC will share.

Good news though. Good to see the BBC putting me out of my misery.

Ken
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    No mention of ESPN? I wonder. The most likely thing is the BBC will share.

Good news though. Good to see the BBC putting me out of my misery.

Ken

No mention of ESPN because after next season (or is it THIS) they lose Premiership footy to BT which means massive loss of subscribers so they will fold like NASN, ITV DIGITAL etc.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on ESPN from 18:30.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So no way of watching the game that is on right now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    So no way of watching the game that is on right now?

No. :mad:
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,331,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My live scoreboards packed up too!
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. :mad:

That's not good, why the heck are BBC2 showing some lame Bette Davis film from 1934 when they could show the Darts from 1pm.

I appreciate the opener isn't a marquee matchup, but for a corporation that has just announced an extension to the deal, you would think they could at least show the opening session in full.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No mention of ESPN because after next season (or is it THIS) they lose Premiership footy to BT which means massive loss of subscribers so they will fold like NASN, ITV DIGITAL etc.

ESPN is part of one of the biggest Sporting networks in the world though so I cannot see it folding
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit i have given up with some of them on Facebook.

You know I am a huge BDO fan, I don't deny it, but some of them are getting ridiculously stupid

Moaning like hell because the first game isnt on and saying its a nail in the coffin for the BDO. How the hell is it ? The live action at 2.30 will get as many viewers as the PDC final and the VAST majority do not give a flying fig that the first match wasn't shown live. Only big darts fans are the ones missing out, your casual viewer isnt that fussed, and that is your majority of audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First result of the day
    Martin Atkins (11) 1 Jason Cullen 3
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I can understand them not showing it live BBC want a top match for the opening game so the defending champs game is the best opener for them (presumably the BDO scheduled it like they have so the 1pm game isn't a big match)

What I can't really understand is why on earth it isn't being shown on the red button or online. The commentators are commentating on the game anyway all they need to do is run stream doesn't even need to have Bobby and Colin Murray doing anything they never used to on the red button games in the past so why not show it?
  • sporter92sporter92 Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ESPN are not going to fold but they may leave the UK as they have Sky and now BT ahead of them. They still have football next season but will the Europa League, FA Cup and SPL drive people away from Sky or BT.

Anyway BBC coverage about to start and we have a cracker to get us underway, Green v Kist
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the BDO stage. Reminds me of Bullseye.

Really wish the BDO didn't do pdc style entrants. Like your dad dancing. Not cool!

Lovely words about Sid Waddell at the start if commentary from Tony Green.
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to hear Tony mentioning Sid
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play to Tony Green, not a big fan of his commentary but nice of him to open with a tribute to Sid :)
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad theyve finally sorted out the noise when the darts hit the board(used to be so loud on here:p)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »
    Fair play to Tony Green, not a big fan of his commentary but nice of him to open with a tribute to Sid :)

And a nod to Taylor and his tribute to Sid.

Obviously very emotional as hes saying very little
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crikey has Bazza sent a cheque round Tonys house mentioning Taylor now! Thought the PDC didn't exist in his world :p
  • sporter92sporter92 Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PDC was always mentioned by Crofty & Vassos. Tony Green always mentioned it aswell when Part did the commentary and it was a lovely tribute by Green.

Green 1-0 Kist
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »
    Crikey has Bazza sent a cheque round Tonys house mentioning Taylor now! Thought the PDC didn't exist in his world :p

Haha. Think its akin to the BBC ignoring the PL when ITV had the rights
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,331,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    11 darter gives Kong the first set. Impressive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    That thing that Kist does with his mouth every time he throws a dart really irritates me. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Haha. Think its akin to the BBC ignoring the PL when ITV had the rights

Not quite, the BDO Champs gets many more viewers than the PDC Champs. Its just nice they are all recognising they can co exist. Mardle was very magnanimous in his comments as were Taylor. Only Eric spouted a load of shite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    It's been a rather inconsistent match so far, Kist hasn't looked great but is keeping it close.

Green suffering a lot of bounce outs as well.