Options

Programme tonight -"Why I Fired Them."

2»

Comments

• Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see the whole programme but from what I did see, the two sackings with the thinnest of rationales were those of the first woman fired - I forget her name - and Liz. The first one, he said was indecisive and he complained petulantly that he can't stand indecisiveness. But what she was shown as saying, by way of illustration, wasn't indecisive at all. It was just twisted into that and used against her. It seems to me that he had found a suitable target and he had to come up with some reason, which turned out to be distinctly flimsy.

From flimsy to non-existent: he didn't even give any reason for firing Liz. All he offered was that he was going to take a chance on Stuart. Poor effort from Sugar. He should be fired.
  • Options
    CarmanCarman Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silkstone wrote: »
    It's a big decision, I want to see the show in one sense but in another I dislike LS so much that I almost can't bear the idea of watching him for an hour. It's a shame that they haven't brought someone else in, LS is hardly at the forefront of business anymore and where he is involved it's likely a result of his increased profile from The Apprentice.

I have to give credit to him for what he has achieved in the past but I do feel there are far better candidates for the position he is in.

They'd probably have a job getting rid of him now, unless he decides he doesn't want to do it any more, he's a bit of a media **** isn't he? What with that and his childish twittering.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    silkstone wrote: »
    It's a big decision, I want to see the show in one sense but in another I dislike LS so much that I almost can't bear the idea of watching him for an hour. It's a shame that they haven't brought someone else in, LS is hardly at the forefront of business anymore and where he is involved it's likely a result of his increased profile from The Apprentice.

I have to give credit to him for what he has achieved in the past but I do feel there are far better candidates for the position he is in.

I think that you should have a look at what Lord Sugar does still and then rethink that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Sugar and the whole part of the apprentice is knowing someone who is British who from scratch made themselves a millionaire. Other than the Dragons and Richard Branson there aren't that many!
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    least LS said he regretted firing Stuart in the manner he did
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    oulandy wrote: »
    I didn't see the whole programme but from what I did see, the two sackings with the thinnest of rationales were those of the first woman fired - I forget her name - and Liz. The first one, he said was indecisive and he complained petulantly that he can't stand indecisiveness. But what she was shown as saying, by way of illustration, wasn't indecisive at all. It was just twisted into that and used against her. It seems to me that he had found a suitable target and he had to come up with some reason, which turned out to be distinctly flimsy.

From flimsy to non-existent: he didn't even give any reason for firing Liz. All he offered was that he was going to take a chance on Stuart. Poor effort from Sugar. He should be fired.

yah then the "TV SHOW" would in the words of Alex be "boring". Ive watched a few donald trump ones and meh...

Maybe there's is some high powerd Judge or Banker you could rate as a better candidate ? keep us entertained.
  • Options
    AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching it now, I hadn't realised Shibby went so quickly.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I was surprised the old git didn't use his fave word 'shrewd' at least once. :eek: Thought he certainly would talking about his finalists, but he managed to dodge it.
    Think he used it numerous times to describe Yasmina last year, or a more subtle version of shrewd like 'gets-the-plot' or 'on-the-money'. ;)