Cheryl back on X Factor..

Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
Forum Member
Just seen on daybreak that it has been confirmed by Cowell Cheryl will be back as a judge on X Factor.:o

After the way she was humiliated over the US show I'm surprised she has agreed to do this tbh.

Although, the 1.5 million she is being paid to return might have been a factor in her decision.:)

Comments

• Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's nothing without the show, that is why she's back. It's no coincidence that she's got a new album out when the show starts and seeing as her career stalled after she left the X Factor and her last album was a flop she needs the show to promote her career.

If Simon thinks that this will save the show however he is sadly mistaken. I think letting go of Nicole to accommodate Cheryl is a huge mistake as regardless of what you think of Nicole the woman can sing her backside off. Watching a Cheryl trying to sing with her act in the final will be a good laugh though.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Simon thinks that this will save the show however he is sadly mistaken

Shouldn't that be "If Simon thinks this will save the show for DS members he is sadly mistaken" ?? :)

Considering the line-up featuring him, Cole, Minogue and Walsh was the highest rated series so far (apparently..), I think it's fairly obvious why he's convinced her to return.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,977
    Forum Member
    Shouldn't that be "If Simon thinks this will save the show for DS members he is sadly mistaken" ?? :)

Considering the line-up featuring him, Cole, Minogue and Walsh was the highest rated series so far (apparently..), I think it's fairly obvious why he's convinced her to return.

But a lot of seamen have flowed under the bridge since then.

Simon's father don't know, with a lovely adoring wife.

His wandering eye and pillow talk with one of the judges to spice things up are long gone.

I can't ever see the headline "Cheryl joins Simon, Lauren & Danni for a foursome."
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Shock horror, her music doesn't sell anywhere near as much without X Factor, she's basically been irrelevant for the past two years and she has an album coming out this year. It's all about self promotion for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as I saw the thread's headline, I thought to myself I bet she's going to have a single/album out. And lawdy I was right. :D And I don't suppose she sniffed too much at the money.
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    As if she does... *rolly eyes* As if she really frickin' does have an album or whatever out when it starts/whilst it's on.

Way to confirm that you simply CAN'T sell a thing without the X Factor behind you, Chez.

She's so blimmin' irrelevant. It's only Simon and the media that think she's hot property. The majority of the public just aren't interested any more. She's lame. Old news. NEXT!
  • Kay_PriceKay_Price Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    This is all we're going to hear about now..."Cheryl this, Cheryl that... National treasure who no one's given a fook about for the last two years, blah blah blah...."

And £1.5 Million for someone who can't sing to sit behind a desk and tell someone else if they can or can't..!!! They must have more money than sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    When they said she's only signing on for a year because she wants to focus on her music, I genuinely felt like saying "What? she's still releasing stuff? She's not been relevant for years"
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It wasn't just because those four judges were present it was also the TIMING of those particular series those were the years when X Factor popularity reached its peak it all just came together at that exact time.

Its now been four years since then and X Factor has lost a lot of its appeal with the general public as most shows do a certain length into their run.

I don't see the ratings going up much on 2013s ratings really maybe the first episode will be higher but that will be it. Whoever wants to watch will continue to watch no matter who is on the show but the other "lost viewers" are just that lost.
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When they said she's only signing on for a year because she wants to focus on her music, I genuinely felt like saying "What? she's still releasing stuff? She's not been relevant for years"

Exactly - grass wasn't greener after she left UK X factor as her songs sucked and had no lastability without the hype machine behind her and even that died down.

I guess it does pay to be one of Simons favs.
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh joy my life is now complete at this mind blowing news.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    This is one of the luckiest people alive. Marrying a PL footballer was lucky for her, cos obviously it got her known, but it's just incredible. She has no talent, she can't sing, yet she gets paid a fortune to judge people who mostly sing better than she does.
    Clearly she was blessed by some Angel of Luck at some point.

By the way. can someone explain how this person got the nickname 'National Treasure'?
    She can't sing, she has no talent, and I would think more people hate her than like her and her appeal is limited to a certain type of person (those who love reality shows) so what on earth did she do to get that tag?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say i'm enjoying the consternation at this news :)
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not one that follows X Factor anymore nor into her music but has she really contradicted herself in this?? I thought she said (or lets say media said) she was never going back to the show but has gone back?

I agree it does come across as a promotion just to get her name out there again but being honest - her music is guff and we can expect this series of X Factor to turn into a farce - just look up the Jedward year they were in - she was "scared" to let one of people go and then call a "deadlock" - really?? Show comes more across as a pantomine than about making music or careers for them, yet they allow the mimer to get away with it ... oh boy :o

X Factor has taken a further 2 steps back than forwards as far as I see - time to ditch all formats of these so called "reality" and actually bring back quality Saturday Night TV
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackapple wrote: »
    Oh joy my life is now complete at this mind blowing news.

So complete that, like me, you'll not be watching!

About time they put this prog out to grass. Old idea, old format, old news, old talent. Boring!
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,188
    Forum Member
    I can hardly wait to see Cowell and his tired old show beaten in the viewers ratings by Strictly Come Dancing yet again! :D
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say i'm enjoying the consternation at this news :)

Consternation... or just utter boredom that someone with no visible talent is returning to a grimly contrived and dead-in-the-water 'talent' show. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Consternation... or just utter boredom that someone with no visible talent is returning to a grimly contrived and dead-in-the-water 'talent' show. :)

If it was "utter boredom" though, nobody would be bothering to get worked up about it over and above a cursory "meh". As it is, we're bombarded with angry posts telling us multiple times about her lack of talent e.t.c..
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was "utter boredom" though, nobody would be bothering to get worked up about it over and above a cursory "meh". As it is, we're bombarded with angry posts telling us multiple times about her lack of talent e.t.c..

TBH, I think it's the media fuss that Cowell will ensure is made of this that's irritating people. Anything involving Cowell is already enough to get most people gritting their teeth because he's such a ridiculous, needy, hype-manufacturing, attention-seeking little clown of a man. Add Cole over-sell to that and I can see why people are annoyed in advance if they like/watch X-Factor.

I don't so I'm just mildly bored at the idea of Cole's return rather than annoyed.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame that she's back.

Not because I dislike her or anything, but because by not going back it felt like she took a stance based on principle. It was a sign of independance which showed that she didn't have to rely on The X Factor and could do her own thing.

But now she just looks like Cowell's little bitch which it appears she probably always was.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    I can hardly wait to see Cowell and his tired old show beaten in the viewers ratings by Strictly Come Dancing yet again! :D

This 100%

Tweedy and cowell aint jothing special
  • DoggyphantDoggyphant Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    So the newspapers are full of Cowell again, this time with Cheryl Cole plugging the X Factor. There's been way too much ink wasted on that a***.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have the ratings really dropped a lot?
    I've heard it said a couple of times today, but is this true?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, I think it's the media fuss that Cowell will ensure is made of this that's irritating people. Anything involving Cowell is already enough to get most people gritting their teeth because he's such a ridiculous, needy, hype-manufacturing, attention-seeking little clown of a man. Add Cole over-sell to that and I can see why people are annoyed in advance if they like/watch X-Factor.

I don't so I'm just mildly bored at the idea of Cole's return rather than annoyed.

The blow quote says very different indeed.
    Consternation... or just utter boredom that someone with no visible talent is returning to a grimly contrived and dead-in-the-water 'talent' show. :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    One thing that puzzles me, why is she still using her married name now she is divorced? A simple change of name stat dec costing £100 could revert her back to Tweedy. Mmmm.