BREAKING: Denis MacShane Has The Whip Withdrawn By Labour

divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
Forum Member
✭✭
So far, I've only seen Guido break the story. Seems to be related to his expenses claims....................

http://order-order.com/2010/10/14/denis-macshane-kicked-out-of-the-labour-party/

Comments

• MisterEMisterE Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Allegedly, he claimed £125,000 for a garage that he was trying to pass off as a constituency office.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MisterE wrote: »
    Apparently he claimed £125,000 for a garage that he was trying to pass off as a constituency office.

Lovely office...............

http://orderorder.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/garage.jpg?w=480&h=339
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has been reported to the police by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/8063760/Denis-MacShane-reported-to-police-over-expenses-claims.html
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »

Seven pcs in three years too. I expect you'd need all of them for an office that spacious.
  • MisterEMisterE Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »

Well worth £125k!
    Perhaps he's got a nice motor parked the other side of those doors... I wonder if his secretary's first name is Porsche??
  • Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    So does this technically mean that Labour has now lost a seat and Rotherham now has an independent MP!!!
  • tour de forcetour de force Posts: 4,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a tragedy that such a great man is in imminent danger of being brought so low. :D
    Forum Member
    Blimey, Ed Miliband doesn't waste time. He really means business. Even though i like Brown I suspect he would have been dithering for weeks and Blair would have turned a blind eye.

I'm starting to see a (positively) ruthless streak to Ed Miliband!! :D first he stood against his elder brother in the leadership contest. Then eh shafts Balls and Cooper by denying them the job of Shadow Chancellor despite them both being well qualified for the job (Both did PPE at Oxford, both won scholarships to Harved and cooper did an MSc in Economics at LSE) and giving it to a man without didn't even sit his O Levels :D and now he ousts Macshane without a seconds thought!!!

Don't be fooled by Ed Miliband's innocent school boy face!!:D

Could he be the Prince of Darkness II? :D:D lol
  • embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    This has just been reported on our local news here [Look North], and apparently McShane was reported by the BNP.
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter E wrote: »

I'm starting to see a (positively) ruthless streak to Ed Miliband!! :D Don't be fooled by his innocent school boy face!!:D

I don't think he had much choice in the matter. There's three other Labour mps already up on charges all of whom have had the whip withdrawn. Ed didn't have the option to sit and do nothing. Protocol had already been established.
  • pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emby wrote: »
    This has just been reported on our local news here [Look North], and apparently McShane was reported by the BNP.
    Payback I guess. Was this claim well known before today?
  • tour de forcetour de force Posts: 4,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emby wrote: »

It's like being given a Prada handbag for Christmas, then finding a Tiffany bracelet inside....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    First his brother, then Nick Brown, then Balls and Cooper and now McShane- EM doesn't **** about. Shame that he lacks charisma and loyalty!
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like being given a Prada handbag for Christmas, then finding a Tiffany bracelet inside....

yes Christmas has come early this year :D
    Forum Member
    Apollo101 wrote: »
    First his brother, then Nick Brown, then Balls and Cooper and now McShane- EM doesn't **** about. Shame that he lacks charisma and loyalty!

I forgot about Nick Brown. as I said above, I'm starting to think he's turning into the new Mandelson.:D I wonder who's next for an EM chop!! :D
  • BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    Good. I've always detested the bloke and I must say when I heard the story break on the radio earlier it brought a smile to my face.

Edit: I have a feeling that if this was a Tory MP this thread would already be several pages long.
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Apollo101 wrote: »

You've got to be ruthless to get to the top in politics. As was mentioned earlier, compare this to what we would of expected from the dithering of Gordon Brown, or John Major.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Brilliant news, one of the worst Labour MPs going (and that really is saying something).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    Is anyone going to thank the BNP for their role in reporting this case .
  • embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Is anyone going to thank the BNP for their role in reporting this case .

They don't deserve thanks for anything ...
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will we finally be rid of that greedy Parliament that has just been? It seems to go on and on with people like Hazel "Flipper"Blears reappearing as if nothing had happened
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is an obnoxious tw**, he's had a few tragedies in his family to be fair, but he still comes across an arsehole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it lovely when an arrogant big-mouthed nerd like McShane is under investigation by the police- we've heard nothing from the man for a week! Normally there's not a day that goes by where he isn't pontificating on some new claptrap.

Can't stand his missus either - Joan Smith.... who said last year that she didn't get all the hysteria about MP's expenses... wonder if she does now? :D
  • PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    Has the Labour whip been restored yet-its been nearly a year?
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    Has the Labour whip been restored yet-its been nearly a year?

Nope, as far as I'm aware he's still under investigation by the police and the CPS. I don't think they've come to a decision yet about whether or not to prosecute and Labour won't do anything until they do.

If he is prosecuted then the whip won't be restored. If he's found guilty then we'll be looking at another by-election in a safe Labour seat.