Options

Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    or the other thing that really got on my nerves in facebook not only when people liked their own statuses which made them sad little idiots its the one with fake relationship statues like being "married" to their best friend.

ugh getting rid of farcebook was the best move i ever made
  • Options
    Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this isn't a status but I think this tops the lot, a video of some girl filming her whole period has just been uploaded, if it wasn't for keeping in touch with friends from overseas id of deleted facebook tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan_Cbbc wrote: »
    I know this isn't a status but I think this tops the lot, a video of some girl filming her whole period has just been uploaded, if it wasn't for keeping in touch with friends from overseas id of deleted facebook tonight.

er what now??????????????? :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    A girl just updated her status to
    "Gotta take ma lil girl to the docs tomorrow xxxx"

Someone asked her what's wrong, she replied that she walked in on her little girl with blood everywhere in her bed, coming out of her mouth and nose and she was screaming. Someone then replied (quite rightly) "omg! Take her to the hospital right now!" To which the girl said, "nah I'm just gonna pop down docs tomorrow n see if they can see her xxx"

Wtf?! If your 4 year old was covered in blood and had it coming out her nose and mouth and she was screaming, you would a) take her right down to A&E, not wait until the morning and 'pop to the docs', and b) get the hell off Facebook! Stop updating your status about the poor girl and get her to a hospital!!

Honestly! :mad:

in other words, kid had a slight nose bleed, probably ran in to/around mouth, and was a bit upset....

Any mother (or any person) who saw a child/adult haemorraging (spelling!) blood and screaming would A&E/999 for them.... she's attention seeking.

How odd for Facebook eh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fishstew wrote: »
    or the other thing that really got on my nerves in facebook not only when people liked their own statuses which made them sad little idiots its the one with fake relationship statues like being "married" to their best friend.

ugh getting rid of farcebook was the best move i ever made

liking your own status is the fb equivalent of masturbating
  • Options
    Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liking your own status is the fb equivalent of masturbating at the top of a high street at peak hours, starkers

Edited.
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edited.

I do apologise. And im quoting myself, which must be the DS equivalent of masturbating. Scary seeing as how i'm in work
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From someone who constantly moans about being tired, not getting enough sleep, but lies in bed on Facebook every night for around 3 hours posting crap like this:

Listening 2 the sound of the rain & think I'm gona have the urge 2 go 4 a pee a few more times during the night lol — at The Best Bed in the Entire Universe & it's all mine :-).
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have I really just read what I think I've just read?? :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Killing it in maths cnt wait to go home smoke a grade A zoot"

This just appeared on my newsfeed. Don't know whether to be sad or angry because of who it is :(
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on my facebook is giving us riveting updates on their train journey at the moment!
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member

Filming her period? What does that even mean? :confused:
  • Options
    Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    Have I really just read what I think I've just read?? :eek::eek::eek:

Im afraid so, it's one one of them where someone your friends with comments on it telling them how disgusting they are and then it comes up on your news feed :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Anyone who posts a birthday greeting etc for a child who is below the age of 8 who is unlikely to be able to read it/appreciate it themselves. The younger the child the more infuriating the message - i.e.:

Is wishing my beautiful niece a very happy 1st birthday. Love you lots gorgeous girl xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who say happy birthday to their cat or dog or rabbit
  • Options
    miss_zeldamiss_zelda Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get a bit disturbed when parents post photos of their kids in the bath! You can't see anything particularly offensive but why do it? It just seems a bit wrong to me and I think it's quite a silly and naive thing for parents to do. No-one needs to see it.

I also don't understand why people never have a photo of themselves as their profile picture, just their children. I know they must be proud of them or whatever but I thought the whole point of having your own photo up was so people looking you up know who you are. All I ever seem to have on my friends list are countless photos of baby heads that all look the same, with the odd baby scan picture thrown in for good measure (yes, you're pregnant, wow).
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuzyLD wrote: »
    at The Best Bed in the Entire Universe & it's all mine :-).

Ack. I've seen loads of the 'my lovely comfy bed' type locations but that's a new one to me!
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Ack. I've seen loads of the 'my lovely comfy bed' type locations but that's a new one to me!

How did you know I was coming in here ?.........uncanny. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who use Twitter hashtags on Facebook boil my piss.
  • Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who use Twitter hashtags on Facebook boil my piss.

Damn that must be #annoying
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    miss_zelda wrote: »
    I get a bit disturbed when parents post photos of their kids in the bath! You can't see anything particularly offensive but why do it? It just seems a bit wrong to me and I think it's quite a silly and naive thing for parents to do. No-one needs to see it.

I also don't understand why people never have a photo of themselves as their profile picture, just their children. I know they must be proud of them or whatever but I thought the whole point of having your own photo up was so people looking you up know who you are. All I ever seem to have on my friends list are countless photos of baby heads that all look the same, with the odd baby scan picture thrown in for good measure (yes, you're pregnant, wow).

I had one of those kids in the bath pics a few weeks back.

As she's a friend(work colleague of sorts), you feel duty bound to like, but that made me uncomfortable.

(Remember the furore over newsreader Julia Somerville doing the same & getting questioned over it quite a fair years ago?)
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miss_zelda wrote: »
    So do I. I think it's sooo wrong and especially any other type of naked photos. They should be kept private for the child's safety & stuff.

It's like one of my fb friends, she posts constant pictures of her son who is now over a 1yr old. Which is fine but she KEEPS posting pics of him unwell. Not fair to the poor little mite and won't appreciate that in a few years time!!!! Just so wrong. Why would you even DREAM of taking a photo of them unwell?! Not to mention the CONSTANT updates that have also suddenly appeared about her dick of an ex partner (and to be fair, he really is a ****, very abusive at that) and about her child being ill.

I also had another fb friend who did that with her 3 kids and ended up pissing me off so much that I deleted her. Yet I can't bring myself to delete this other person even though I only know of her through fb. Argh :\
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing picture :eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    I have just seen someone comment that hubby and son were home from rugby match - sons team lost - son played very very badly - he is 7 ( ffs praise the boy regardless)
This discussion has been closed.