Biopics you'd like to see

Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There is a Cilla biopic out next month but who else's biopic would you like to see?

Me I'd like to see one of Michael Barrymore

Comments

• Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Norman Wisdom, he moved to Hollywood in the 60's and was just making it big, when his wife left him to look after his kids, so he had to return to Britain and scratch out a living.

Keith Moon, never get made !!

The Kinks.
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christopher Lee.
    Wartime shifty business with SOE. trained in opera in Finland. Did a bit of acting. Released a heavy metal album.

Got to be enough story in there to warrant it.
  • k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Tazio Nuvolari, one of the greatest pre war racing drivers competing in a time when Motorsport was being used as a propaganda tool of the worlds dictators, his career included what was widely considered the greatest victory in racing history when he drove an outdated Maserati prepared by a certain Enzo Ferrari to victory in the German Grand Prix with the third reich in attendance.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    k0213818 wrote: »
    Tazio Nuvolari, one of the greatest pre war racing drivers competing in a time when Motorsport was being used as a propaganda tool of the worlds dictators, his career included what was widely considered the greatest victory in racing history when he drove an outdated Maserati prepared by a certain Enzo Ferrari to victory in the German Grand Prix with the third reich in attendance.

I don't see anything there, that makes his life story interesting to anyone who isn't interested in motorsport.
  • k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    I don't see anything there, that makes his life story interesting to anyone who isn't interested in motorsport.

Putting your life on your line for the sake of sport?
    An underdog story?
    World War 2 politics?
    Beating Nazi Germany at their own game?
    Forum Member
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Norman Wisdom, he moved to Hollywood in the 60's and was just making it big, when his wife left him to look after his kids, so he had to return to Britain and scratch out a living.

Keith Moon, never get made !!

The Kinks.

I don't think Norman Wisdom 'scratched out' a living in the UK.
    He led an interesting life, especially his beginnings

I think the Keith Moon movie has tried to get of the ground at least twice to my knowledge.
    I've had Tony Fletcher's Moon biography for ages, still haven't read page one yet.
    Forum Member
    k0213818 wrote: »
    Putting your life on your line for the sake of sport?
    An underdog story?
    World War 2 politics?
    Beating Nazi Germany at their own game?

What is actually interesting about the man, I don't know anything about him, but I still see anything interesting.
    Thousands of people have taken their chances in motorsport.

I thought the story of Pat Moss, Sister of Sterling or Helene Delangle might be interesting.
  • Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always said Richard Pryor would make a great subject for a Biopic - such a great life with lots of ups and downs and interesting stories. Someone like Chris Rock or Marlon Wayans could do it brilliantly, with a director who actually knew him like Scorsese.

Has there been a Sid James one? I think that could be interesting too.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Non actors - David Stirling founder of the SAS.
    After WW2 he recruited Peter Orton to sell childrens television programmes around the world as a front for his undercover mercenary work destabilising "unfriendly Governments"
    Orton was such a success at selling TV shows, that when Jim Henson sold out to DIsney in the late '80's, he sold the non-US part of his business to Orton. This became HiT Television which is oneof the biggest producers of childrens TV in the world (Bob The Builder, Thomas the Tank Engine etc etc)

Hollywood star Hedy Lamarr, also developed a method for preventing the jamming of radio controlled torpedoes using broad spectrum radio waves. This technology is still in use today and is the basis for bluetooth.
  • JillstarJillstar Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Norman Wisdom 'scratched out' a living in the UK.
    He led an interesting life, especially his beginnings
    I think a Norman Wisdom biopic would be interesting. I've always imagined Lee Evans playing him as they share a similar sort of comedy but at the same time I can imagine him doing the more serious acting quite well.
    Although i know there have been tv films made about her, I'd love to see a bigger biopic on Karen Carpenter as her life was so tragic yet it's interesting what happened to her
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Paul O'Grady.
    Forum Member
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    <snip>
    Hollywood star Hedy Lamarr, also developed a method for preventing the jamming of radio controlled torpedoes using broad spectrum radio waves. This technology is still in use today and is the basis for bluetooth.

Fled from a marriage to a Nazi Arms dealer too, apparently.
    Lamarr's inventing talents didn't stop there, though: she also came up with "bouillon" cubes to turn water into a Coke-like drink, and a "skin-tautening technique based on the principles of the accordion".
  • Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Ross.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    They should have done Dusty Springfield instead of Cilla, if they wanted an interesting life from that era.
  • CuteBadgerCuteBadger Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I've always said Richard Pryor would make a great subject for a Biopic - such a great life with lots of ups and downs and interesting stories. Someone like Chris Rock or Marlon Wayans could do it brilliantly, with a director who actually knew him like Scorsese.

Has there been a Sid James one? I think that could be interesting too.

Lee Daniels' Richard Pryor biopic to star Mike Epps

Lenny Henry to play Richard Pryor at National Theatre

There's been one of part of Sid James's life - Cor, Blimey!
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been reported that C4 are indeed planning one on Jimmy Savile. Just wondering who would play him:confused:
  • Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Copies of Cor Blimey go for £50+. Have never found a copy to download but it is on you tube in 10 parts.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    What is actually interesting about the man, I don't know anything about him, but I still see anything interesting.
    Thousands of people have taken their chances in motorsport.

I thought the story of Pat Moss, Sister of Sterling or Helene Delangle might be interesting.

Well, if we're doing rally drivers I would like to see a Tony Pond biopic.
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tragic figures dying young make better biopics, Dean, Hendrix, Orton, Holly.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    Tragic figures dying young make better biopics, Dean, Hendrix, Orton, Holly.

bib: A Hendrix movie has recently been made. Although his estate refused to allow any of his music to be featured.
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bib: A Hendrix movie has recently been made. Although his estate refused to allow any of his music to be featured.

Yeah, kinda pointless then.