Is Jade Faking it.....She now has found a healer

Comments

• mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *tiffany* wrote: »
    It's up to each individual to decide if they want to or not, its not really anyone's place to judge their actions, it's a kind gesture to try and help out a family in need, we all have our pick of what charities we can donate to and if some people think this is a good one then good for them, it many not be how we would personally choose to donate money but its their decision.

Firstly, they are not a family in monetary need.
    Secondly, it's not a charity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one doubts that there are people out there who fake such illnesses. That, however, is irrelevant in this instance - Jade is not faking it and anyone who thinks or implies that she is is just plain sick in the head.

?????

I was answering a question someone asked (by someone who *did* doubt that there are lots of people out there) - I even quoted their question in my reply
  • Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindyann wrote: »

Exactly.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it have been a wonderful gesture for Goody to set up a foundation to support other children who will also lose a parent?

She could have said that her children will now be well provided for but that it would be fantastic if people chose to donate to others less fortunate.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regardless of what it is or isn't, it's still each and every persons right to spend their money and donate it to whatever cause or charity or fund that they see fit without being degraded or whatever because of it
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one doubts that there are people out there who fake such illnesses. That, however, is irrelevant in this instance - Jade is not faking it and anyone who thinks or implies that she is is just plain sick in the head.

How do you know?

Let me guess, Max Clifford says so, right?

If she does die in the next 12 months then I will whole heartedly apologise for my mistake. However come 12 months time and if Jade isn't pushing up daisies at that point then I would have no doubt that I was right in being cynical.

I just can't help thinking that in a few weeks/months time that some kind of "miracle" is going to happen, if you know what I mean.

There are indeed sick people who fake this kind of stuff. In fact one of the girls my ex used to work with "faked" such an illness, Cancer of the ovaries to be exact. We all knew she was BS'ing and she was found out on it. So please excuse me if I am somewhat dubious to this whole charade. Because I've seen what lengths people will go to to be the centre of attention as it were.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Vermin wrote: »
    Will it be obvious that the sale of the balloons is for the boys?

Yes. It states it on the facebook page. It does also state donations for the charity
    Balloons can be purchased at the event, costing £5 each. All the money raised will directly go to Jade for her boys, Bobby and Freddy. Jade's been working thru her illness, so that she can at least support her son's financially throughout their childhood and young adult years. Hopefully we can raise a nice amount to add to the boy's bank, a gesture that will show Jade just how much she is truly loved, and how much we're thinking of her babies. This isnt an event about money, it is about showing our support. Anybody who wishes to attend and bring their own balloon can do so, and also for those who cannot make it, donations can be made to a children's charity at www.justgiving.com/jerrilee. It is a related cause and takes just 2 minutes online.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    How do you know?

Let me guess, Max Clifford says so, right?

Well the fact we have people on here who have friends in the same ward as Jade, pictures of Jade coming out of the hospital being helped by porters, pictures of macmillian nurses going to her property and wires hooked up to her I'd say that was a fair amount of proof to her not faking it
    Forum Member
    It's up to each individual to decide if they want to or not, its not really anyone's place to judge their actions, it's a kind gesture to try and help out a family in need, we all have our pick of what charities we can donate to and if some people think this is a good one then good for them, it many not be how we would personally choose to donate money but its their decision.

I guess I see it differently to you. They don't strike me as a family in need.. not financially anyway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I see it differently to you. They don't strike me as a family in need.. not financially anyway

I didn't state my opinion on the matter I only said its up to others to help who they wish to.
  • MatthewF32MatthewF32 Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    According to the daily star, jade has found a healer, and hopes for a new life

Going by other persons thinking this all could just be a publicity stunt, that she has cancer

Jade a New Hope

Yeah, a bit like that publicity stunt the Jews staged in Nazi Germany. :rolleyes:
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beer wrote: »
    I don't think human dignity requires that. I think the fear of a guilt trip requires that.

Human dignity requires for the sake of Human Dignity, a sceptical eye. The boy who cried wolf etc etc.

Good old fable that for Human Dignity in this context, especially about perspective.

I went to do my voluntary work today in a Cancer ward. 2 people passed away after a number of months of daily pain...

I think in a situation like this it's better to believe people like the Royal Marsden Hospital where Jade was given her prognosis unless you think they are all involved in her master plan to dupe the GBP.

It's not surprising that Jade has turned to a healer since conventional medicine can do nothing more for her. Many of us would do the same thing. Any hope is better than NO HOPE.
    Forum Member
    I didn't state my opinion on the matter I only said its up to others to help who they wish to.

I thought you were saying it's a kind gesture to help a family in need?
  • SofaSlobSofaSlob Posts: 2,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Eff me. Now she’s accepting cash from the public directly?!??! My God, even I would have though she wouldn’t go that far.

The greed on display here is unprecedented. Surprised she doesn’t have her flunkies out begging in the streets with a bucket. Or does she?!

How is it greed ? It states "anyone wishing too" so why should someone silly enough to want to send money not be able too ?
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the fact we have people on here who have friends in the same ward as Jade, pictures of Jade coming out of the hospital being helped by porters, pictures of macmillian nurses going to her property and wires hooked up to her I'd say that was a fair amount of proof to her not faking it

Very good points, but unfortunatly they can be disputed.
    Forum Member
    SofaSlob wrote: »
    How is it greed ? It states "anyone wishing too" so why should someone silly enough to want to send money not be able too ?

Maybe Jade should put out a statement saying while she appreciates the publics kindness in wanting to send money for her boys that she would rather they send it to a specified charity
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of what it is or isn't, it's still each and every persons right to spend their money and donate it to whatever cause or charity or fund that they see fit without being degraded or whatever because of it

People are totally at liberty to do what they please with their own money.

I was just pointing out, as per your comments in your post which I replied too - that they are neither a family in monetary need (probably much less so than the people who will actually gift to them) nor is it a Charity.
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I'm no fan of Jade, but at this stage, I'd actually be pleased if it was a con.

Unfortunately I have no doubt that she's gravely ill. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you were saying it's a kind gesture to help a family in need?

I wasn't stating my personal opinion just what others might think, obviously if you donate to it you'd think it was to help someone in need right!?
    Forum Member
    I wasn't stating my personal opinion just what others might think, obviously if you donate to it you'd think it was to help someone in need right!?

Yes... and this clearly isn't the case imo
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SofaSlob wrote: »

You think this is being done without her knowledge and permission? Think again.

Shilling from the public directly is despicable. Don’t know why I’m surprised really. Let‘s get Children In Need on the case lest "the boys" have to go without a Bugatti Veron when they turn 16 and have to make do with a Porsche instead.
    Forum Member
    This newspaper reports the walk is to raise money for the kids:

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/4148760.LOUGHTON__Charity_walk_set_to_raise_money_for_Jade_Goody/

The facebook page clearly does say it's the balloon money for the kids
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as i previously posted :
    For anyone who wishes to make a donation to a similar cause, one that would be close to Jade's heart, please donate online, takes 2 minutes at www.justgiving.com/jerrilee. Haven House is a childrens hospice in West Essex. As a young mother, Jade knows how hard it is to prepare for saying goodbye to your children, and Haven House supports the children suffering with illness' such as cancer, and their families.

i presume none of you will be donating, now will you? even though you are all dictating how other people should spend their money.
  • MatthewF32MatthewF32 Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Very good points, but unfortunatly they can be disputed.

Only if your pretty damm stupid.
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    You think this is being done without her knowledge and permission? Think again.

Shilling from the public directly is despicable. Don’t know why I’m surprised really. Let‘s get Children In Need on the case lest "the boys" have to go without a Bugatti Veron when they turn 16 and have to make do with a Porsche instead.

It is ridiculous. I mean aside from their private school fees how much money do these children actually need? They will clearly lead a very privileged life financially.