Chris Evans Off

occyoccy Posts: 65,042
Forum Member
✭✭
Any one know why Chris Evans has been off for the past few days? Never heard Richard Allinson mentioning the problem.

Comments

• ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,843
    Forum Member
    They just said he wasn't well
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Any one know why Chris Evans has been off for the past few days? Never heard Richard Allinson mentioning the problem.

He has a chest infection apparently.

On a side note, he must be due a week or two off soon, I don’t think he’s had a holiday (apart from the odd day) since mid-April, which is quite a continuous run for him!
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »

On a side note, he must be due a week or two off soon, I don’t think he’s had a holiday (apart from the odd day) since mid-April, which is quite a continuous run for him!

Blimey 3 hours a day 5 days a week = 15 Hours + 1 HOUR for one show. Not as it's hard work.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey 3 hours a day 5 days a week = 15 Hours + 1 HOUR for one show. Not as it's hard work.

Nor poorly paid either.
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member

And your point is.

I pretty sure Chris does a full days work. He is freelance and i'm sure has other interests too.
    Forum Member
    The thought that The One Show is just one hour's work is laughable. I would imagine meetings about running orders, items etc are going on all day, and the presenters are involved in all of this.

This forum is ludicrous at times
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt very much he shows up at 6.28 and leaves at 9.32. In the same way that he doesn't pop into The One Show studio at 6.55. It is easy to have a pop at people in the TV and radio business as not doing a lot of work, but most of this is just jealousy because we work 8 hour days 48 weeks a of the year :)
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    Shrewn wrote: »
    The thought that The One Show is just one hour's work is laughable. I would imagine meetings about running orders, items etc are going on all day, and the presenters are involved in all of this.

This forum is ludicrous at times

Totally live tv show generally involve planning, scripting and a full run through earlier in the day. It will pretty much take up the whole day. Yes is possible to wing radio and do very little prep but those who are professional and take it seriously don't do this. I'm sure the presenter of the countries biggest music breakfast show does take it seriously.
    Forum Member
    Station ID wrote: »
    Totally live tv show generally involve planning, scripting and a full run through earlier in the day. It will pretty much take up the whole day. Yes is possible to wing radio and do very little prep but those who are professional and take it seriously don't do this. I'm sure the presenter of the countries biggest music breakfast show does take it seriously.

Yes i totally agree, and whether you like it or not, his radio show has plenty of content. I just can't fathom why someone would think The One Show is "an hour's work". What next? Huw Edwards rolls in from the pub at 9:59pm with a copy of the Daily Star under his arm??!
  • GeordieyodelGeordieyodel Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »

I think he had a long weekend over may bank holiday for the grand prix
  • radiobloke2004radiobloke2004 Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have you ever presented a professional radio or television programme Occy?

If not, how do you know what the hours involved are?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "World of occy"
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he hurries back soon I find Richard Allison boring beyond belief , I also think there's an undercurrent between Vasos and Richard .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They probably feel obliged to use Allinson right after scrapping his show and giving the usual waffle about him still being around as a cover presenter.
  • mfrmfr Posts: 5,619
    Forum Member
    Yes i totally agree, and whether you like it or not, his radio show has plenty of content. I just can't fathom why someone would think The One Show is "an hour's work". What next? Huw Edwards rolls in from the pub at 9:59pm with a copy of the Daily Star under his arm??!

I'm very impressed by the range of creative content they manage to produce on that show every single day. It's obvious that the team put a huge amount of effort into the show, which is also why it's enormously popular.

I'm quite enjoying Richard Allison, although I have to remind myself every morning it's not a bank holiday!
  • GeordieyodelGeordieyodel Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised he's still willing to do it given he's just been given the boot!
  • Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I for one would not be bothered if he never came back on Radio 2, He isn't right for that time of day brash is an understatement he should stick with the one show on BBC 1.
  • Marksw76Marksw76 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makes me laugh, they don't think enough of Allinson to keep his show and decide to sack him, yet he's the first one they draft in to cover (arguably) the flagship show of the station when 'his majesty' decides he fancies a few days off.

Can't work it out myself!
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marksw76 wrote: »
    Makes me laugh, they don't think enough of Allinson to keep his show and decide to sack him, yet he's the first one they draft in to cover (arguably) the flagship show of the station when 'his majesty' decides he fancies a few days off.

Can't work it out myself!

I wonder how the listening figures have changed, as soon as I realised Allinson was doing the programme I switched to Radio 4 and have not turned Radio 2 on before 09:30h since then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Richard has mentioned throughout the week why Chris is of, I think its a throat and chest infection. Lets not start this thread into a Chris or Richard bashing posting. Evans has done what Radio 2 wanted and kept in the listeners and picked up more than at the same point when Mr Wogan left. He was never my choice of listen but he's grown on my and produces a perfect show everyday.

Now Regards to Richard Allinson, he's not bland or boring its just he still has the commercial radio style from 80s\90s about him use to listen to him on Capital early breakfast show. He got the gigs at Radio 2 and again picked up a loyal fan base on his late show and saturday afternoon slot. Thank goodness The bosses at Radio 2 have got someone who can run the desk and can cover at short notice. he's probably at the top of the cover list and is the safest pair of hands on that cover list. richard is doing breakfast again tomorrow, lets all enjoy it together.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never understood the dislike towards Richard Allinson; I think he is OK. Any news on Vassos and the new baby?
  • darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even radio djs are entitled to some time off! ;-)
  • AmaraAmara Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    I hope he hurries back soon I find Richard Allison boring beyond belief , I also think there's an undercurrent between Vasos and Richard .

Richard Allison = good listen
    Chris Evans = off switch

Sorry
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard has built up a big fan base also from the days at Capital.

Anyway Richard show is finishing around October and hasn't been sacked if you read the statement ' He's happy still able to cover shows on Radio 2 and will now be able to concentrate on his production company'

I guess he's local to Zoe Ball who usually covers when Chris is off on holiday as she lives in Brighton.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Yes i totally agree, and whether you like it or not, his radio show has plenty of content. I just can't fathom why someone would think The One Show is "an hour's work".

They probably think all those spontaneous responses and off the cuff jokes on the One Show are genuine too, not scripted down to a 'T' and rehearsed several times in advance during the day as they are.