'Bridget Jones' Diary 3' officially to be made

princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
Forum Member
✭✭✭
'A third instalment in the Bridget Jones's Diary series is officially on the way.

Working Title Films, the production company behind the first two Bridget Jones films, confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that it has greenlit a third movie in the franchise.

Colin Firth, who played Mark Darcy in 2001's Bridget Jones's Diary and 2004's Bridget Jones's Diary 2: The Edge of Reason, has also opened up about a potential plot for the third instalment.

"I can tell you that Bridget and Mark can't have children, I think that's the way it goes on," Firth told Access Hollywood. "So then she makes the huge mistake of going back to [Hugh Grant's character] Daniel Cleaver for long enough to get pregnant. And I think he dumps her, and she's left stranded, and guess who comes back to rescue her?"

Bridesmaids director Paul Feig was previously being considered to helm the third Bridget Jones's Diary, with the 48-year-old reportedly being "beyond keen" to film a movie in London.

Renee Zellweger agreed to return to the role of Bridget Jones for a third film in March, apparently provided that she does not have to gain any weight.'

I'm really excited about this, I'm a big fan of the first two Bridget Jones' films. However, it does seem like a long gap between the second and third film, and considering how much Renee has changed...hmm.

What do you think?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'd prefer a 3rd book...and if Renee doesn't gain any weight...well she won't be Bridget...Not sure...I'd watch it...but if it's made for the sake of being made...well that's rubbish
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    The plot sounds rubbish... just exactly the same as the first two but yet again in a different context.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it. I love the first two films :)

Colin Firth <3:D