Options

Tradesmen who ask to use your toilet. Are you outraged?

greendayfan6greendayfan6 Posts: 640
Forum Member
✭✭
Really annoys me when a tradesman like a electrician etc.. asks to use your toilet while on the job. i would not expect a pizza delivery guy to ask if he can use the loo nore would I ask to use loo myself at a non public location.

Of course you can't just say no and they know this which is worse. It's invasion of privacy and think society should frown on it.

Comments

• Options
    mildredhubblemildredhubble Posts: 6,447
    Forum Member
    Would you frown more if they pissed themselves while working in our house . Where do you expect them to go!

Actually don't answer ... Baiting thread is obvious.
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    after watching roger cook and the guy who urinated on people's toothbrushes, yes I do get nervous to say the least
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if they are working at your home you should allow them to use toilet
    they probably just want to wash their hands after touching your dirty things that needed fixed
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A pizza delivery person is there for a very short time so that's a bit different. Where else can they go, if they need to before lunchtime?
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I'd be more outraged to think I was paying somebody to clear off home for an hour so they could have a dump in their own house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Problem is all the public toilets have been shut . The odd ones that are miraculously still open are stinking , disgustingly unclean places .
    Or meeting grounds for homosexual activities .
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I don't mind if they do but I wouldn't mind if the Pizza delivery person asked either I once even had a Taxi driver ask and let him
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really annoys me when a tradesman like a electrician etc.. asks to use your toilet while on the job. i would not expect a pizza delivery guy to ask if he can use the loo nore would I ask to use loo myself at a non public location.

Of course you can't just say no and they know this which is worse. It's invasion of privacy and think society should frown on it.

A pizza delivery guy is only at your door for seconds, whereas a tradesman might be ~ for example ~ painting the interior of your house throughout a working day.

We all have to pee ~ what would you suggest he do whilst at your house ? Maybe get back in his van and nip home for half an hour at a time ?
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    Stop giving them tea, less time urinating.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Positively incandescent. The mere thought! How dare they? etc :mad:
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind if they ask to use the toilet. I don't mind making them a cup of tea either.

I did have one try and give me a back massage once.....that was creepy.
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth would you mind if someone working in your home used the toilet? Do you think workmen piss in sinks or something?

I'd be more worried of someone who had drunk two cups of tea in my house *didn't* go to the toilet.

You should never do a number two in someone else's house of course, unless you're sleeping there.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never bothered about it until last year. We were having some furniture delivered and just as they were leaving one of the men asked if he could use the toilet. I said that was fine.

I went to the loo as they drove off and the stink he'd left behind was unbelieveable. Absolutely disgusting and he didn't open a window, spray the room or even apologise.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have done so in the past, doesn't bother me at all.
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, I don't mind.

However, I am outraged when they don't even ask to use it! In February the boilerman was fitting and new boiler and he just casually invited himself upstairs to use the bathroom... pfffttt not even a "May I...?" or anything - the audacity!
    They don't teach kids manners nowadays.
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind and shock horror I even make em a cup of tea
  • Options
    pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are clearly insane.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Doesn't bother me, they are free to use the toilet, as long as they don't pee all over the place!!!
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't cost me a thought.
    To be right, I don't really understand why anyone would be annoyed that workman in their house wanted to use the loo.

Anyone who has a job must use the loo at their work; it's no different.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are clearly insane.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't particularly like them using my toilet, but I wouldn't stop them using using it, just as long as they flush. I also had a couple of workman in my house who were putting in loft insulation, and one of them decided to do a really big green in my bathroom sink, and didn't even rinse it down the sink. I didn't know they had done it until they had gone. I was absolutely disgusted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I just tell them to go in the garden where the dog does it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't particularly like them using my toilet, but I wouldn't stop them using using it, just as long as they flush. I also had a couple of workman in my house who were putting in loft insulation, and one of them decided to do a really big green in my bathroom sink, and didn't even rinse it down the sink. I didn't know they had done it until they had gone. I was absolutely disgusted.

Do you mean a bogey?? :eek:
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. No I'm not.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Probably a wind up but the stories I hear from the plumbers and builders I use it might be for real.

Use the Loo! Tea & chocolate biscuits for my plumber and when job is done we have a glass of wine and discuss his marital problems. Never a problem getting an emergency call out from him; treat (most) people well and it pays off.